Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Welp, heading off this eve to a sleep study to try and see why I'm so tired all the damn time (spoiler: probs cause I'm effing miserable). Planning to bring devices but even if there ends up being secure wifi, not sure I wanna be glued to the forums while a bunch of researchers are monitoring my brainwaves. It'll all be a waste of time and comfort but fuck it, at least some medical shit is free in this country, and data is cool I guess.

I've grown dependent on this place; it'll be weird not to be able to be lulled to sleep by the sweet sounds of screaming suicidal people. Maybe the researchers will be nice and funny and it won't be traumatizing to spend the night in a medical setting. Maybe I'll actually conk out early and get more than the minimum 4 hours sleep they need to monitor. Maybe I'll spontaneously die during the study! Who knows. Anyway I'll be missing y'all :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: almaranthine, western_heart, VirtualSnow and 5 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I've had three of these, they didn't find anything. In the first two I didn't sleep more than 3 hours. Good luck, fellow unrefreshed human.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jackie_boy1337, jodes2, Rounded Apathy and 2 others
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I hope that a treatable answer will be found and you will be able to get some good rest.

• Love
Reactions: jodes2 and Rounded Apathy
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Good luck, we'll miss you too!❤️

• Love
Reactions: Rounded Apathy
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Thanks folks. Gonna pack my bag and dinner and head. A tech just called to explain that I won't just have sensors on my head as I was previously told, but practically all over my body. Fun times await

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Is it bad the first thing I'm doing upon returning home is logging in here? Especially considering I slept a grand total of maybe two hours? Fuck, that sucked, but at least the tech was nice and I had a "suite".

I missed the comfort of this place while laying in technologically-induced insomnia. I never want to spend another night hooked up to machines by a bunch of wires. Fuck. Have a photo I took for funsies.

Attachments

• cyborg.png
    cyborg.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I did a sleep study before too, and also only slept a few hours that night. Went home around 6am to use my own shower before going to work...

Everything came back fine, but idk I think I have mild sleep apnea

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hope it works out for you. Have to try these things to know I guess. Sweet dreams 😴