• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

p4nic

p4nic

Apr 4, 2023
Hello there!

I went through a depressive episode this year again, medication really helped me to stop the negative thoughts and now I'm feeling more capable to do things, so I'm feeling ready to get a job.
I've been applying to several positions but I'm getting no replies and that's been so frustrating to me, I dont really know how to cope with the stress of finding a job.

How was this job finding process for you? How did you cope with the stress of not getting any news?
I would appreciate any tips on how to make this thing a bit less stressful...

broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Im going thru the same thing! Im still struggling w figuring out how to not get too down abt it all :( i guess i just try n remind myself tht a job has to come eventually ? Like it probably cant last forever..im sorry i cant b more helpful but good luck w ur job hunt!! <3

A

amra81nz

Mar 22, 2024
i have zero confidence in myself so i found the lack of replies kind of a relief. with my anxiety i tend to avoid everything where i can and that was a really easy excuse to do just that.

Untimely

Untimely

Student
Apr 21, 2023
I think i just tried to keep applying until i found something, eventually once i sent out hundreds of applications I was bound to hear back from someone eventually.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
idk about other places but in the US the job market is totally fucked, it's not just you. high volume of applicants, false job postings, lazy recruiters and companies trying to get the most work out of paying the least people. Most employers aren't sending responses and the ones they are are primarily denials, or interview offers that lead nowehere. It's a problem at every job level right now, entry level to highly experienced.

Man I just wanna put some fries in a box and go home lmao, can't even get in to do that.

But some people are seeing progress! So I wish you luck and I'm sure things will work out soon!

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I don't know if it'll be useful for you, but what I did to get my first job was to lie a little bit.
I only applied for one job, which is the one I currently have, so I can't tell you if it works for other jobs.
Where I work, sometimes employers consider aspects of your health to see if you're fit for the job, and that's when I decided to lie a bit to have a better chance of being accepted. They asked me many questions about my mental and physical health; basically, I answered "no" to all the questions. Therefore, I was hired quickly.
The downside is that my job is mentally and physically exhausting, so I'll probably quit in a few weeks.
Going back to the first point, you can consider lying about some aspects to have a better chance of getting a job. There are aspects where you shouldn't lie, but if we're talking about things related to health or things that don't include information about your level of education, you can say whatever you want.
Of course, do it at your own risk.

Another thing you should consider are the seasons.
There are companies that tend to have higher activity depending on the season, so they look for more personnel and it's easier to get hired. The downside is that this depends on what you like to do. If, on the other hand, you don't mind what you do, it's something to take into account.
An example is agricultural companies and those related to production (factories). Where I live, these types of companies are very common. The thing here is that during the spring, companies produce too much but can't handle it properly, and that's when they start hiring in mass to produce better. For this reason, I was never recommended to look for work during the winter, as there is very little activity.

In summary, consider which economic activities are most abundant in your area and see which ones are more active in this season.

rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
I know this feels like a personal failure (because I am in the same situation) but it really isn't. On many job markets, there are 200-500 applicants for any given position. So unfortunately, it's possible to send out many applications without hearing back from anyone.

My best tip would be - if you know you aren't a top candidate (which in today's job market is the vast majority of people so it doesn't say anything about you), try to find people who are bad at hiring. What I mean by it: Some companies don't advertise their jobs or large career sites, they use smaller sites or only advertise their jobs on their homepage. One has to find a list of companies in your area of expertise and look individually if they have any job offers. It's exhausting but there will be much less candidates for any job offering and your chances will be better.

I had incredibly bad luck looking for jobs after my next internship and just this week, I got my first interview after dozens of applications. I don't want to give out false hopes but I believe that in today's miserable job market, one really has to send out a ton of applications to score a job. It's ruining my self-esteem too but you are absolutely not alone in this.

ger3172

ger3172

prove to me im not gonna die alone
Oct 23, 2021
its so frustrating everywhere. i really feel you for im in the same situation. sometimes i feel like now that im finally able to function, the opportunity is not given to me. what helps me is telling myself not to take this process personally, and i hope this can help u too. keep going!