TheDog_

TheDog_

Feb 25, 2023
I'm sorry people are being so awful to you. You are a valid member of this community and fuck people for bitching about your suffering. Hypocrites complaining about how awful people are while being awful themselves.

Reactions: flower_g1rl, Tobacco and Daxter_87
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I first came here in 2020 and it was a lot different. I never saw what I considered people faking taking SN.
About once a week someone took SN while writing what the experience was like and they all had a very uniform set of stages they went through.

Now it's people who appear to me to be pretending. I still appreciate this site as a place where I can come to post things I'm thinking about. But it lacks the authenticity now.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, TheDog_, FormerlyFe(IV) and 3 others
ClownW0rld

ClownW0rld

It’s all so tiresome
May 13, 2020
The feds will probably nuke this site soon anyways

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: flower_g1rl, FormerlyFe(IV) and AQUA
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Now it seems like once every two weeks someone says they are taking SN, take it, say they don't feel anything, or say they feel tired, then come back the next day and say it didn't work, they just fell asleep.
Or some equally harmless experience with it.

Are people trying to convince others to give up on the idea of taking it? If so why, what is the point of that, or what did they take that did nothing to them?
I spent at least a year every day here back a few years ago and never saw this happen, or maybe one time.

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, FormerlyFe(IV) and Letmedienow
StrawberryBlood

StrawberryBlood

Strawberry Carnivore
Jul 17, 2023
You sound like you're upset that other people's posts about their own agonizing lives no longer entertain you, and I find that strange. I find your use of this site strange in general. You seem to mostly repeat the same ideas over and over again in flowery diatribes and internet de-motivational speeches. Why are you so obsessed with the deaths of other people? This is a genuine question. What do you gain from it? Do you want to see more posts about how horrific peoples lives are? And how those horrific lives led them to the only option they have left--suicide? You want to see that? And with no further discussion, I presume. You just want to read it like a book and move on.

I don't want people to commit suicide. But I also understand when someone gets to that point. And I'm not going to spout the meaningless "don't do it" phrase all over their threads. Still, I personally prefer when people aren't suffering. Suicide is the last option for someone who's tried everything else. Personally, I don't enjoy when someone gets to that point.

This is the internet and I have no idea who you really are, but your posts are strange. I'm fine with your nihilistic ideas and you're perfectly within your right to hold them. But the way you talk about other people's suffering and suicide, well it almost sounds like you find enjoyment in it.

• Love
Reactions: Brown-Jacket Revy, swaraj, hhh_ and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
You sound like you're upset that other people's posts about their own agonizing lives no longer entertain you, and I find that strange. I find your use of this site strange in general. You seem to mostly repeat the same ideas over and over again in flowery diatribes and internet de-motivational speeches. Why are you so obsessed with the deaths of other people? This is a genuine question. What do you gain from it? Do you want to see more posts about how horrific peoples lives are? And how those horrific lives led them to the only option they have left--suicide? You want to see that? And with no further discussion, I presume. You just want to read it like a book and move on.

I don't want people to commit suicide. But I also understand when someone gets to that point. And I'm not going to spout the meaningless "don't do it" phrase all over their threads. Still, I personally prefer when people aren't suffering. Suicide is the last option for someone who's tried everything else. Personally, I don't enjoy when someone gets to that point.

This is the internet and I have no idea who you really are, but your posts are strange. I'm fine with your nihilistic ideas and you're perfectly within your right to hold them. But the way you talk about other people's suffering and suicide, well it almost sounds like you find enjoyment in it.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I don't think you or anyone should be flat out attacking people for posting their opinions. I happen to agree with the original poster and understand what he or she is saying. I don't get the sense the poster is enjoying people suffering. I notice a huge difference now in this site from how it was a few years ago, and it's morphed into something different.

This is not a general chat site, it's purpose is to talk about suicide and the things that lead up to it and get support. If you want to see people talk about happier things this isn't the place.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and TheDog_
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
You don't get to make a decision to wipe out others' existence. You only get to decide on your own existence. Period. Hard stop. Exit stage left. Drop the mic. It's a damn good thing that all of this is only hypothetical.

If there is a good reason to believe that it would be a bad idea, fine. But I don't see one, especially given the alternative of a far greater imposition by procreators (as shown here, for example: https://nonvoluntary-antinatalism.com/the-case-for-forced-sterilization/).

Last edited:
Aries

Aries

Student
Jun 14, 2023
Really?? The discussion was this serious?? Its horrifying....

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
The taboo against suicide is probably going to be around forever.
In a sane world there would be easier access to a peaceful checkout, but humans are probably never going to become a truly sane species.
So, we should be grateful that sites like this exist at all.
Nothing is forever. During antiquity, suicide was a human right and a forced self-execution. Suicide became a sin because of religion. In the 1800s, the view of suicide shifted from being caused by sin to being caused by madness.

Humans are probably never going to become a sane species - I agree with that. Man is cruel and stupid. Therefore humans have tortured animals and humans throughout history. That is why we are here. That is why the society tries to force people to live though we must all die anyway.

It is difficult to commit suicide alone with all methods. It is hard to kill a human being. Most suicide attempts fail. Even physician assisted suicide sometimes fails. Injection or Sarco should be the best ways.

Human death process can go on for decades due to the high average life expectancy. Humans are expected to die slowly. The healthcare system takes care of illnesses and births but pretends that death does not exist. We are all going to die, so the death process should be done in a good way.

Birth is the cause of death. Every time someone has a child, there will be a human being who has to die of something. People must accept that we are all going to die. There would be no human suffering if we all could determine the time of our own death.

Euthanasia will be a human right worldwide in the future. People will realize that suicide is a human right. Everything changes with the passage of time. Humans should not be treated worse than pets. We are just in a time period where suicide is taboo. Our societies are in denial of human death.

• Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, sserafim, FormerlyFe(IV) and 2 others
StrawberryBlood

StrawberryBlood

Strawberry Carnivore
Jul 17, 2023
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I don't think you or anyone should be flat out attacking people for posting their opinions. I happen to agree with the original poster and understand what he or she is saying. I don't get the sense the poster is enjoying people suffering. I notice a huge difference now in this site from how it was a few years ago, and it's morphed into something different.

This is not a general chat site, it's purpose is to talk about suicide and the things that lead up to it and get support. If you want to see people talk about happier things this isn't the place.
I didn't say they weren't entitled to their own opinions, I made it specifically clear that they were. I'm also sorry if it sounded like I was attacking them, I just don't trust people's intentions--especially on the internet. I don't want to make them upset, and they're free to clarify their position if they want.

I did join recently, so it's true that I don't have the same perspective as older users. But still, I don't understand this, I don't see any casual chat-type posts outside of the offtopic section. And even in the offtopic section posts tend to lean to the darker side of life because this is a site made up of very depressed people. I just don't even see where this sentiment is coming from.

Reactions: Meditation guide
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I have to say that I really disagree with you, this site operates in a highly professional impartial way which leads to better results. You want to commit suicide? Proper methods are avaliable and harmful ones are disuaded, You make a thread about commiting CBT/ Thinking of it people will ask you to find peace either through CBT or through find value in life. You want help to "rehabilitate" from suicidal idealisation? there's a sub section avaliable, no nonsense joking or disgusting fetishism of death is tolerated and positivity/sympathy is the main focal point. It creates the perfect environment for an open discussion of suicide which can help people in numerous ways, but mostly important helps people exercise a rational CTB. There's definitely some LARPERS on this forum which is bound to happen but they're to be ignored. And the people who truly wanted to die immediately and have the resources are already gone.

Reactions: thetrout and Brown-Jacket Revy
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If there is a good reason to believe that it would be a bad idea, fine. But I don't see one, especially given the alternative of a far greater imposition by procreators (as shown here, for example: https://nonvoluntary-antinatalism.com/the-case-for-forced-sterilization/).
Can't understand why you would even care what happens to others when you're already dead? Your entire argument, and arguments from those like you, reeks of the absurd rationale that actual murderers make in that, "If I can't have you, no one can", which is akin to your argument of "If I can't live, no one can'". Flipping a hypothetical switch to extinguish all life makes you a hypothetical murderer.

Reactions: Amelie
Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
Can't understand why you would even care what happens to others when you're already dead? Your entire argument, and arguments from those like you, reeks of the absurd rationale that actual murderers make in that, "If I can't have you, no one can", which is akin to your argument of "If I can't live, no one can'". Flipping a hypothetical switch to extinguish all life makes you a hypothetical murderer.
When did I say I care about what other people do with their life, or that I somehow want to ruin happy people's life for the sake of it? Do you really think I wouldn't leave people alone if there was some way to eliminate suffering without killing anyone? Because, if there was a way to prevent people and animals from procreating, thus leading to a less overtly violent extinction, or even to no extinction at all if people existing right now could, say, choose to become immortal while no longer having kids, I would vote for it. Which I already clarified, but you ignored it. But killing all life is honestly easier than perfecting it to the point of eliminating suffering while remaining alive.

Also, people procreating is what creates people like the ones on this site, and there will be even more suicidal people in the future if all that isn't stopped. And even if the real right to die was granted to us, killing oneself still wouldn't retroactively erase all the suffering that was experienced up to that point. Even more so when considering that suicide is often difficult enough on its own due to our survival instinct.

I already explained why murder is a different matter in my first post, which you apparently missed.

Your argument in general reeks of strawman, and of your apparent inability to respond to it. Let's make it simple enough: rationally speaking, where is the horror in exitinguishing all life on Earth? Where? In the violation of some sacred principle nobody would even care about if we all died? Are you going to tell me that the "eternal" and undisturbed perpetuation of the list of harms contained in that article is more justifiable than imposing a quick death on everyone? Because if that is the case, I'd like to see an argument explaining how and why, and so far, I haven't seen one.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Do you really think I wouldn't leave people alone if there was some way to eliminate suffering without killing anyone?
You're trying to justify murder.

or that I somehow want to ruin happy people's life for the sake of it?
Don't you think ending all of existence would do just this^ lol

Also, people procreating is what creates people like the ones on this site,
No. A bad life, bad circumstances, unfairness, unluckiness, is what creates people like those on this site.

And even if the real right to die was granted to us, killing oneself still wouldn't retroactively erase all the suffering that was experienced up to that point.
It would for those who would partake in it.

Your argument in general reeks of strawman, and of your apparent inability to respond to it. Let's make it simple enough: rationally speaking, where is the horror in exitinguishing all life on Earth? Where? In the violation of some sacred principle nobody would even care about if we all died? Are you going to tell me that the "eternal" and undisturbed perpetuation of the list of harms contained in that article is more justifiable than imposing a quick death on everyone? Because if that is the case, I'd like to see an argument explaining how and why, and so far, I haven't seen one.
The argument is you don't get to decide that. It's above your pay grade. You don't get to take away choice from people. You are the only one that you have autonomy over. No one else. When you're gone, what happens on planet earth shouldn't make one bit of difference to you. If someone, eventually, comes around to the notion that they don't want any more of their life, they get to make that decision when, and if, they decide that. You do you. Everyone else can do themselves.

• Love
Reactions: rosenwasser and Amelie
Amelie

Amelie

Aug 12, 2023
When did I say I care about what other people do with their life, or that I somehow want to ruin happy people's life for the sake of it? Do you really think I wouldn't leave people alone if there was some way to eliminate suffering without killing anyone? Because, if there was a way to prevent people and animals from procreating, thus leading to a less overtly violent extinction, or even to no extinction at all if people existing right now could, say, choose to become immortal while no longer having kids, I would vote for it. Which I already clarified, but you ignored it. But killing all life is honestly easier than perfecting it to the point of eliminating suffering while remaining alive.

Also, people procreating is what creates people like the ones on this site, and there will be even more suicidal people in the future if all that isn't stopped. And even if the real right to die was granted to us, killing oneself still wouldn't retroactively erase all the suffering that was experienced up to that point. Even more so when considering that suicide is often difficult enough on its own due to our survival instinct.

I already explained why murder is a different matter in my first post, which you apparently missed.

It is such a black and white view though, and seriously I understand black and white thinking having bpd. But unless I'm mistaken, the antinatalist theory is 'all suffering is bad' therefore the solution is snuff out everything that can feel suffering = job done.
But firstly how do you define 'suffering', and secondly what if a person is ok with the suffering, or even welcomes it as part of a bigger picture?
What is suffering to one person is probably easily bearable to someone else.
Why do you think you have the right to tell them they are wrong, based on a dry equation on paper?
Childbirth was the worst suffering/ pain I've ever known.. but I wouldn't change it. Because is was a productive pain which gave me my children.
Or do you mean 'suffering' as in emotional pain? But even with that, I wouldn't change some of the experiences I've had, despite the pain, because it's made made me more empathetic, and (if I make it through to this point) made me want to work in mental health one day as I know I'll understand how others feel.
The other thing is, the theory seems to have decided on what value is contributed to pleasure, and that pain is worse. So no pleasure makes life living as it's not worth the pain.
But that idea ignores individual experience and the complexity of human emotion entirely.
If all my pleasures and times of suffering were laid out in front of me, and I could have my best experiences of pleasure again, but only if I had to experience the moments of suffering again, I would say yes, because it's worth it in my opinion. Because it's completely subjective.

• Love
Reactions: vitbar and rosenwasser
Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
You're trying to justify murder.

Don't you think ending all of existence would do just this^ lol

No. A bad life, bad circumstances, unfairness, unluckiness, is what creates people like those on this site.

It would for those who would partake in it.

The argument is you don't get to decide that. It's above your pay grade. You don't get to take away choice from people. You are the only one that you have autonomy over. No one else. When you're gone, what happens on planet earth shouldn't make one bit of difference to you. If someone, eventually, comes around to the notion that they don't want any more of their life, they get to make that decision when, and if, they decide that. You do you. Everyone else can do themselves.
I already explained the difference between murder and omnicide. The only thing they have in common is the killing part, but there are other, massive differences that make one very problematic, bur not the other.

Yes, and? Only a living being needs happiness. If you don't exist, you can't lament whatever lack of happiness your death would cause. The point was that, if there was a way to end procreation without killing, I would do it. But I don't think there is, and in fact, I suspect that other methods like forced sterilization might be even worse.

No, it wouldn't. Suicide prevents future suffering, and ends your current torment, but it doesn't change the past, those events still happened. Otherwise, by that logic, I can torture someone, and by killing them all the torture that they experienced up to that point has been erased.

Sorry, but this is not an argument, an argument is bringing up logic and facts, and explain rationally WHY and HOW your opponent's case is faulty, especially after said opponent explained himself. You just made a claim ("that's above your paygrade"), and expect me to agree by mere virtue of having affirmed such a principle, as if doing that should by default suffice. And I'm afraid it doesn't.

I reject deontological morality, as I only care about what actions cause or prevent more suffering in the future. And procreation perpetuates harm AND death infinitely into the future to infinitely more people than the one existing right now for the sake of otherwise unneded benefits the absence of which wouldn't otherwise be missed by anyone. This is a fact, and one you didn't contend with. It's just cause and effect.

Your claim also implies that the consent of those who exist now is more important than all the impositions of risk that will otherwise occur in the future. And the logic for why that is not "above their paygrade" is what? That it's normalized and accepted? That it is an instinct? Sorry, no sale.

But unless I'm mistaken, the antinatalist theory is 'all suffering is bad' therefore the solution is snuff out everything that can feel suffering = job done.
But firstly how do you define 'suffering', and secondly what if a person is ok with the suffering, or even welcomes it as part of a bigger picture?
Not really, that is extinctionism (which is what I am), antinatalism is not necessarily against human existence, indeed it doesn't say anything about it, and some antinatalists actually support ideas like transhumanism, or immortality of some kind for the human race, while trying to eliminate suffering via technology.

Yes, only living beings can suffer and need joy to compensate. A non-existent entity can't.

Suffering is simply a negative sensation that, whether mental or physical, by its own nature is undesirable and bad. And it's intrinsically bad, and universally so, by definition.

It is is not subjective (in the sense of arbitrary) that suffering is bad, it is bad whenever it occurs. What is, to a degree, subjective in that regard, is what causes it. For some, for example, being single might cause sadness, while others would be sad in having a girlfriend. But they both feel sadness (a form of suffering), and for both these individuals the sensation is negative whenever it occurs.

Or do you mean 'suffering' as in emotional pain? But even with that, I wouldn't change some of the experiences I've had, despite the pain, because it's made made me more empathetic, and (if I make it through to this point) made me want to work in mental health one day as I know I'll understand how others feel.

That only proves that suffering is necessary to avoid more pain in the future, either for oneself or for the sake of others. But that doesn't make it good, it only makes it instrumentally useful, what is desirable is greater protection against it, or the benefit you gained, and the need for which was, as above, created by life itself.
What is suffering to one person is probably easily bearable to someone else.
Yes, and? It's precisely because the prospective child is a non-identity that one shouldn't take risks by procreating, because you can't know what their psychology and tolerances will be, or how their brain configuration will lead them to view life, and neither can you control the experiment in question.

The other thing is, the theory seems to have decided on what value is contributed to pleasure, and that pain is worse. So no pleasure makes life living as it's not worth the pain.
That's another question, my claim is not that no life can be worth living, the argument is that procreation necessarily entails also creating lives that are not worth living for the individual in question. And there is no good, rational reason to do that. "I want" is, alas, not a rational reason, and procreation can't be a benefit because you can't improve on nonexistence.

If all my pleasures and times of suffering were laid out in front of me, and I could have my best experiences of pleasure again, but only if I had to experience the moments of suffering again, I would say yes, because it's worth it in my opinion. Because it's completely subjective.
That's fine, good for you, but it's not really the point. You wouldn't miss whatever you think would have been worth it had you never been born, for the simple reason that you wouldn't even have a brain to conceive deprivation, or feel suffering.

It's like with drug addiction: some people are successfully (or happily addicted), but to create them you need to necessarily create those who won't be happily addicted. But if you don't make addicts, the happy ones won't lament the absence of drugs, whereas the unhappy ones will be prevented from being in torment, a goal that, by the way, doesn't require a subject to be there and say "thanks for not torturing me".

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I didn't say they weren't entitled to their own opinions, I made it specifically clear that they were. I'm also sorry if it sounded like I was attacking them, I just don't trust people's intentions--especially on the internet. I don't want to make them upset, and they're free to clarify their position if they want.

I did join recently, so it's true that I don't have the same perspective as older users. But still, I don't understand this, I don't see any casual chat-type posts outside of the offtopic section. And even in the offtopic section posts tend to lean to the darker side of life because this is a site made up of very depressed people. I just don't even see where this sentiment is coming from.
It just sounds strange to come to a site the purpose of which is discussing suicide and how to do it, and saying to someone "why are you so obsessed with the deaths of other people? Do you want to see more posts about how horrific peoples lives are? And how those horrific lives led them to the only option they have left--suicide? You want to see that? "

I'm laughing it's so funny. This is a site for that purpose! It's not so people can enjoy that. It's because we all are feeling that way ourselves. We want to be able to talk about it because we cannot talk about it any place else. It has nothing to do with enjoyment, it is about support and finding relief that we can express ourselves and see others doing the same, with the same sort of problem.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Foreverix
StrawberryBlood

StrawberryBlood

Strawberry Carnivore
Jul 17, 2023
It just sounds strange to come to a site the purpose of which is discussing suicide and how to do it, and saying to someone "why are you so obsessed with the deaths of other people? Do you want to see more posts about how horrific peoples lives are? And how those horrific lives led them to the only option they have left--suicide? You want to see that? "

I'm laughing it's so funny. This is a site for that purpose! It's not so people can enjoy that. It's because we all are feeling that way ourselves. We want to be able to talk about it because we cannot talk about it any place else. It has nothing to do with enjoyment, it is about support and finding relief that we can express ourselves and see others doing the same, with the same sort of problem.
Okay, but the OP is essentially saying the opposite of what you're saying the site is for. They sound like they're disappointed that people are having discussions about their suicidal ideation.

"Why are you so obsessed with the deaths of other people? This is a genuine question. What do you gain from it? Do you want to see more posts about how horrific peoples lives are? And how those horrific lives led them to the only option they have left--suicide? You want to see that? And with no further discussion, I presume. You just want to read it like a book and move on." You are leaving out an important piece of context from my post.

Maybe I worded it poorly. Yes, we all "want" to see posts like I described. But it's more about the discussion and catharsis, not so much voyeuristically reading it and then leaving a vague flowery comment beneath. I don't know this person, that's why I've asked these questions. I've just seen their postings and I find them strange. They're free to correct me, but they never really seem to reply. It's on them. I don't mind either way.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I find your use of this site strange in general. You seem to mostly repeat the same ideas over and over again in flowery diatribes and internet de-motivational speeches.
You're observing a sentient entity who's stuck, expressing relentless desire to die & dismay at being unable to do so

In retrospect, makes sense we'd observe this on a suicide forum. And it speaks to many, the pure hopelessness.

Consider this ctb model — but with zero hope:

Suffering line, with suicide-threshold & suicide-decision points. In between those 2 points is SI, hope & CTB difficulty.

Imagine being stuck between the two poles, where you want to die but can't

• Informative
Reactions: Tobacco
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
There's been a lot of posts here about the forum losing its authenticity, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I joined this forum just the other day because the community feels very authentic to me. Maybe I'm just numbed by years of being terminally online but imo having to weed through a bunch of bad actors/shitposters to get to the good stuff doesn't bother me much. The best thing you can do is simply add to the discussions that are genuine and serious, and/or if you feel extra bothered, call out the ones that aren't.

Yesterday I saw a CTB post that definitely looked very fake, and I was pleased to see the amount of users quick to call it out. In fact almost every CTB thread I've seen has had at least a couple skeptics challenging the OP for details, which is definitely good.

Besides that I've seen plenty of CTB discussion threads over the several weeks I've been lurking here that definitely felt very real, with people giving real advice with real expertise. So in my opinion, the serious convos definitely outweigh the non-serious ones, which is more than can be said for most online communities.

What we have to remember is that this site is literally one of the few places on the internet where these sorts of discussions are not only permitted but encouraged. Of course there's gonna be plenty of users with the wrong idea taking advantage of that, whether by posting edgy shit they can't post in other places or just looking for attention because they are genuinely sad/lonely and looking for a more insolated place to vent. That to me seems like a pretty natural consequence when your forum literally has "suicide" in the title. When people are considering literally taking their own lives, you can't always expect them to care about delivering the most lively discussions. Sometimes maybe we just need to cut people a break too, and let them have a not-so-serious thread as reprieve from everything else on here.

Plus, let's be real, the old-timey bias is always a thing. The more time you spend somewhere, the less authentic and wow-y it'll feel over time. I've had this happen with plenty of communities I'm in; at a certain point it's like, is it really everyone else or is it partly me as well? Especially when much older users were saying the same thing years before me.

I think sometimes we just have to deal with and adapt to change. This forum couldn't remain small forever, and until newer more "specific" forums pop up, we'll be stuck as the "general suicide" forum for a while. As long as we the serious people keep up what we're doing, then we'll always be able to carve out a space where we're free from the troglodyte masses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobacco
SnowWhite

SnowWhite

Semi-Professional Disappointment
Jan 16, 2020
I thought the suicide discussion was meant for people who hate life to vent about wanting to die or ask about methods without all the condescending pro-lifers rather than a "recovery", life advice, pro-life and random discussion forum.
I'm 50/50 On this point. Yeah I agree that recently its seems like theres a bit less 'discipline' (for lack of a better word) regarding which forums people post on, I see a lot of shit on Suicide Discussion that belongs on Offtopic and Recovery. However I haven't seen anything "pro-life" In Suicide Discussion, be it threads or replies, though maybe that's by lack of activity
If that's the case, why are you still here three years later?

Not judging, just making a point.
Not hating just thought I'd help clarify why some members who have been around for a while are still around. For some older members they've had failed attempts that have either lead them to to a situation where they can't ctb due to being watched/sectioned/guilt tripped, for others they mostly chill in recovery and didnt join with a plan to ctb. Some others still are just not actively suicidal but stick around for the community, particularly if they've made a lot of friends while being here.
Like why do people see venting posts as an excuse to force pro-life condescending toxic positivity onto people despite the fact that it's meant to be a suicide forum, it's especially insensitive when people are invalidated because of age, like suicide isn't something to prevent, suicide is a perfectly valid decision and I cannot stand people who worship something so disgusting as existence so much.
Don't have much to say as I haven't really seen any of this. Not gonna go out and say "I've not seen, so it doesn't exist" but it's certainly not as common as I feel this point implies. The closest I've seen to this is people talking in Recovery, but that forum is literally called Recovery so idk what you'd expect from that. There are some newbies every now and again that post some pro-life shit, but they usually end up getting booted out the forum or ignored, and even then that mostly comes in waves when we get some form of media, be it a failed music producer, or newspapers looking for clicks.
I wish there was something better than this site meaning an actual right to die so that websites like this would never need to exist and instead all those who have awareness about how existence is so dreadful can just be at peace.
What you're describing sounds like Suicide Discussion. If that's all your here for then stick to this part of the forum. Yes there are going to be people who post in the wrong forums, it's not the 00's or the early 10's anymore a lot of people using SS have probably never used a forum or atleast not for a while. There's been incidents where I've had to teach people what the 'reply' button does on others messages.

TL;DR

The simpliest way I can sum this is up is as such; due to the nature of this being a safe space for suicidal people, not many people stay for over 2 years. As we take in new members and old ones leave the culture of the server will change. There's the old saying that the internet culture moves faster than anyother, and in my opinion you can accept that times change (particularly in a forum where it's members are suicidal) or you can rant about how things "were better in my day". I land somewhere in the middle, SS does feel different than how it used to, but it's not like everyones closed off these days and every thread is an argument. It's change, it's just easier to spot on the internet in general bc of how fast things move online.

Reactions: Cage
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
I'm 50/50 On this point. Yeah I agree that recently its seems like theres a bit less 'discipline' (for lack of a better word) regarding which forums people post on, I see a lot of shit on Suicide Discussion that belongs on Offtopic and Recovery. However I haven't seen anything "pro-life" In Suicide Discussion, be it threads or replies, though maybe that's by lack of activity

Not hating just thought I'd help clarify why some members who have been around for a while are still around. For some older members they've had failed attempts that have either lead them to to a situation where they can't ctb due to being watched/sectioned/guilt tripped, for others they mostly chill in recovery and didnt join with a plan to ctb. Some others still are just not actively suicidal but stick around for the community, particularly if they've made a lot of friends while being here.

Don't have much to say as I haven't really seen any of this. Not gonna go out and say "I've not seen, so it doesn't exist" but it's certainly not as common as I feel this point implies. The closest I've seen to this is people talking in Recovery, but that forum is literally called Recovery so idk what you'd expect from that. There are some newbies every now and again that post some pro-life shit, but they usually end up getting booted out the forum or ignored, and even then that mostly comes in waves when we get some form of media, be it a failed music producer, or newspapers looking for clicks.

What you're describing sounds like Suicide Discussion. If that's all your here for then stick to this part of the forum. Yes there are going to be people who post in the wrong forums, it's not the 00's or the early 10's anymore a lot of people using SS have probably never used a forum or atleast not for a while. There's been incidents where I've had to teach people what the 'reply' button does on others messages.

TL;DR

The simpliest way I can sum this is up is as such; due to the nature of this being a safe space for suicidal people, not many people stay for over 2 years. As we take in new members and old ones leave the culture of the server will change. There's the old saying that the internet culture moves faster than anyother, and in my opinion you can accept that times change (particularly in a forum where it's members are suicidal) or you can rant about how things "were better in my day". I land somewhere in the middle, SS does feel different than how it used to, but it's not like everyones closed off these days and every thread is an argument. It's change, it's just easier to spot on the internet in general bc of how fast things move online.
Agree with all of this, especially your final paragraph.

The cold hard truth of the internet is that very, very few people stick around in a particular community for more than a couple years max. The online world moves incredibly fast and there will always be new faces popping up rapidly to change the culture. And communities grow. Sometimes they grow slow, sometimes they grow fast, sometimes they're thrust into the mainstream spotlight by bad actors looking to sabotage them. But the more it grows, the more you'll have to deal with people who aren't familiar with all the unwritten rules of your insular inner circle. If that bothers you so much, maybe it's high time you make a new forum or chatroom of your own.

And like I said before, as a new member I really do enjoy the authenticity and realness of the people on here, so even if it's not how older users remember it, it's still enough to strike a chord for me :)

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV) and SnowWhite
O

Oncologynurz123

Dec 16, 2021
In that case, perhaps she should be more understanding of others who have different reasons for needing to ctb. She hates her life, but thinks everyone else should hate their lives as well and thinks everyone should think the same as she does. Everyone is different and have different reasons for wanting to end their lives... failed romance, losing a child, mental illness, being a victim of sexual abuse, domestic abuse... the list goes on. But not everyone hates life and their existence, some are merely victims of circumstances that they can't shake off, however hard they try to. Funeralcry bangs on about how disgusting life is and how everyone should feel as she feels. She's bang out of order, and if she's so unhappy with her life, why is SHE still here, after THREE years on this site? If it's difficult for her to leave, then it must be difficult for others too, especially taking into account preferred method and availability of resources, SI which is a HUGE factor, leaving loved ones... etc.,
As far as age is concerned I certainly DO have an issue with 18 - 20 year old being here and getting caught up in the suicidal mayhem. They're so young, with underdeveloped brains, feelings, emotions, thoughts... some have undiagnosed mental illnesses, some have parents who aren't seeing their kids are suffering and their kids have problems opening up to them. It's all very sad.

I don't know what I'm trying to say here, but I'm putting a few considerations forward for FuneralCry.
I agree. I'm here as a 44 yof whose life is pretty much ended once court steps in. I felt suicidal when I was young. But, young ones, let life in. When you're older, then make the determination. I'm not an anti suicide. I'm actively searching to cbt before court. But let time and healing take place before the inevitable...hopes for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided
Arihman

Arihman

Jun 8, 2023
Only in yours and your ilks minds.
You're right, one action takes place in the context of a society that needs rules to be enforced in order to be functional, and the other... is about the end game, where no society would remain to be negatively affected by the negative action. Totally the same thing! Gee, how stupid on my part to think that there is such thing as context, I must have been hit in the head with a baseball bat when I was a toddler to believe otherwise. Bravo! 👏

Last edited:
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
I think the site is fine.There is nothing wrong with sections like recovery and life advice.Also if you post on a public platform (even if it is a website about committing suicide) you should expect to hear from a number of people some of whom may have different opinions than you (and it is possible that some of them may be considered pro life by you).You can either respond to them or ignore them.Banning everyone you consider "pro life" is a terrible idea

Reactions: Falling Slowly and StrawberryBlood
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You're right, one action takes place in the context of a society that needs rules to be enforced in order to be functional, and the other... is about the end game, where no society would remain to be negatively affected by the negative action. Totally the same thing! Gee, how stupid on my part to think that there is such thing as context, I must have been hit in the head with a baseball bat when I was a toddler to believe otherwise. Bravo! 👏
Hey, whatever works for you in your mind. It's amazing to me how people are able to rationalize bizarro.

T

telw84

Sep 21, 2023
Well I am new so cant comment on what the site was like prior, but i feel it is the only place of its kind on the entirety of the net, where we can openly discuss topics of this nature, which says a lot, a safe space of any kind is awesome, I am liking the site so far, and reading peoples stories here, after scouring the net, it truly is the only place of its kind anywhere I have found, for that I am very thankful, I hope you feel better soon op, take care, 🥺

Reactions: Falling Slowly
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I spent over a year every day here three and two years ago and there might have been ONE ctb that sort of might have been a faked suicide goodbye post, where the person was over 300 pounds and drank a lot of SN, then went on to chat normally for over an hour. I hadn't seen that happen but maybe it was due to his weight.

Every other goodbye thread was absolutely genuine.

Those are like night and day from the things I see here now. I don't know what gives, why, waste people's time but there is no question there are fakers here now. I assume many are attention seekers. Also, certain personalities see us as people to exploit in various ways. Like "haha it's fun to fool these losers".