Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
Reactions: AvoidingMyself
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello FuneralCry, and hello everyone.
Hey guys, don't be so disrespectful to the lady, please. I think that many topics go unanswered for a long time or have little reception, fortunately there is her, who prevents this from happening, always answers, this helps people feel that their thread has been noticed. Thanks to the fact that she is very active in this forum. Also, many are pleased to read the content of the threads that she creates. Very well written and with very good manners, with beauty. If you do not agree, at least you have to be considerate, because I have always seen this lady be very respectful with everyone and she deserves good treatment. If she considers this site to be in decline I respect her point of view. She can say it as many times as necessary.
FuneralCry, well, with all that said, I wish you good luck.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, flower_g1rl, GiftedCabbie and 14 others
B

Bluebunnysky

Jan 15, 2023
Any online space is going to be filled with information; Some relevant and some not. You just have the separate the wheat from the chaff

Reactions: jbear824, rosenwasser, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Amelie

Amelie

Aug 12, 2023
No one tries to help with methods or share information anymore, no one responds well to other users venting, no one tries to be grounded anymore. It just seems like a sh*t show for people who are mildly depressed not even truly suicidal to sh*t post on and gain pity which imo is pathetic.
I was first here in 2019 and the site has changed since then. But really what can you expect? With vastly larger membership including many people intent on collecting evidence to harm SS, media scrutiny, posts here being constantly screenshot and picked over by pro-lifers etc, things have had to change.
Methods used to be shared and discussed freely, but you can't really expect that now after what happened with Metalchem and IC.
I think it's a shame you describe SS as a 'shit show for people who are mildly depressed' and just attention seeking. Who are you to say that? I'm not currently suicidal, but I think of this place as being my tribe, where you can discuss your most painful thoughts and someone will always understand.
Speaking as someone who once took an aspirin OD and suffered the unpleasant consequences, it is also a relief to have the resources on this site to refer to for if and when I do want a more reliable way out.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, AvoidingMyself, Aries and 16 others
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Breaking my stance on commenting on a vent post to say this is why I support the addition of a separate vent space - I feel the vent label is not enough. For a true vent space, it would be more clearly understood that a response isn't exactly necessary.

Of course, people can and would be able to respond in a separate vent space but I feel the responses would be less scrutinizing, or antagonistic, etc.

That said, I do get the frustrations of those who are tired of seeing what they feel may be "the same old vents from FC". I also realize I very well may be one of the members of this site who embodies what FC hates.

And that's alright.

Looking back on times in my life where I've just let it all out so to speak, I recall relief just to have gotten whatever it was out of my system. The majority of those times, there wasn't anything anyone could say really…sometimes there are no words and all one can do is just be there.

Often times, growing up, there was nobody, but I had a pen. And I had paper.

But I'm not here because I hate life. As an absolute, that would mean I hate the trees, and flowers, the birds, the grass and on. I do tend to prefer animals and nature over people, and even with people, I tend to experience the most honesty with children.

My young nieces and nephew for example.

Maurice Sendak - thoughts?

• Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, ChronicallyCynical, corazon and 8 others
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I think it's a shame you describe SS as a 'shit show for people who are mildly depressed' and just attention seeking. Who are you to say that?
I'm a member of the forum just giving my opinion. That is all.

Reactions: DeadHead and pthnrdnojvsc
Amelie

Amelie

Aug 12, 2023
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, jar-baby, rosenwasser and 2 others
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I miss 8chan's /suicide/ board. That's what this site, or at least the suicide discussion section, should be more like. I've even considered perhaps starting my own imageboard for such discussion, but I don't live in America and I'm worried that the cops won't approve.

• Love
Reactions: flower_g1rl, LoneForest, Eudaimonic and 2 others
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
I miss 8chan's /suicide/ board. That's what this site, or at least the suicide discussion section, should be more like. I've even considered perhaps starting my own imageboard for such discussion, but I don't live in America and I'm worried that the cops won't approve.
what was that board like?

Reactions: flower_g1rl, DeadHead and アホペンギン
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
what was that board like?
It was mostly people discussing various methods, how to do them, efficiency, etc. with some venting too, especially considering most discussion was in the context of planning to try out said methods. Most posts were either "I want to die, I will do it via XYZ..." "how do I do XYZ?" "heres a guide on how to XYZ" or "here is the lethality of XYZ"
Point being, it was a space specifically for this discussion. That's probably one of the main reasons I like imageboards specifically, they are spaces made exclusively for a discussion of a single topic. Also adding actual anonymity, without even usernames or anything, makes this better, because people have less reason to care about off-topic discussion if they don't even have a name to tie that person to.
Then again, one problem was that it was a more pro-suicide forum, rather than pro-choice, from what I can remember. Though I suppose that's what happens when it's more impersonal. You're there for one purpose, they are there to provide you with aid in that purpose, not talk you out of it.

Reactions: DeadHead and FormerlyFe(IV)
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Just because all your 27k posts and comments contain the same pro-death words, it doesn't mean that everyone has to be the exact same way. You should rather thank the admin and mods instead of trash talking them constantly.

Make your own pro-death website and stop scolding people for trying to get through the day even if they have their deaths planned out.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Myforevercharlie, AvoidingMyself and 22 others
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
Funeral is one of the most compassionate people, many who had few responses on their threads were very happy to receive a sincerely kind one from Funeral. Having stayed there for 3 years, it's understandable that she is upset by the technical problems, SS is undoubtedly the only place where she can express what is on her heart without being judged and being listened to, she has undoubtedly afraid that this one house will end up collapsing.
I have also known people who had lost what they held most dear, in the end, by wanting to prevent this loss, in addition to the inevitable, they found themselves hated.
Funeral acts a lot like a broken record, because that frustration she has inside her doesn't let her see other things, like when you're actually outraged at something, even if it's pointless, you prefer to express it, because it's the only thing you can do, it's normal and human, and it means that the forum means a lot to her. However it's indeed a pity that she hardly ever responds to people.
Although Funeral makes it very clear each time it comes to its vision of things, even if some people who feel lost adhere to it, comforting themselves in their desire to die.

I think that SS would have everything to gain from restricting access to the site only to its members and that certain types of threads are only accessible after a certain amount of messages or time spent on the site. This would avoid certain leaks of sources, putting the information to children or criminals, that certain threads impact certain people too much... SS is a gold mine of information, but I'm not sure that leaving it to anyone very easily is good

(sorry for the mistakes, I used a translator to go faster)

Take care of you Funeral and don't be pessimistic, I'm sure Rain is doing everything possible to fix the forum.

Reactions: Letmedienow
OnceThougtTwiceDone

OnceThougtTwiceDone

Student
Apr 15, 2023
Why make threads just to complain about the forum? I'm sure Rain and the moderators do the best they can to keep it running, considering this forum exists through donations in the first place, and it gets DDOS'd all the time and administrators can have exposure issues and legal problems for maintaining a forum with content about suicide.
They're a moderator themself.

Reactions: DeadHead
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
Just because all your 27k posts and comments contain the same pro-death words, it doesn't mean that everyone has to be the exact same way. You should rather thank the admin and mods instead of trash talking them constantly.

Make your own pro-death website and stop scolding people for trying to get through the day even if they have their deaths planned out.
I think the topic has become personal and this is not good. She has the right to talk about the problems she is facing without attacking her

Reactions: jussrav and FormerlyFe(IV)
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
@front of me she's being pretty ungrateful since this site has been there for her for 3 years, indulged all her thousands of posts. I know it's not in her personality to be grateful for anything ever, but at least refrain from moaning about it (although at least we have some variety of venting at last) it's getting to the point FC thinks this is her own personal forum, might as well just give her a megathread or something. We're all gutted data has been lost but it's no one's fault, we're lucky to even have the site in the first place and no one has taken advantage of it more than FC...

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: hhh_, rationaltake, One day too late and 4 others
fadid

fadid

<3
Mar 13, 2023

get em Valk, well said :)

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake and Valky
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
it does not mean that everyone should have the choice that they can just press a button and die instantly
I think there may be a small misunderstanding about the "flip the switch" comment I made. In a posting that got deleted because of the SS outage, I asked @FuneralCry directly that if she was in charge of a switch to extinguish all life, would she flip the switch to the off position (to extinguish ALL life). She said she would in an instant. That's where the discussion went awry a little, because I told her that was , in effect, taking away everyone elses choice whether to live, or to die, because she would be making the choice for everyone, and every living thing, herself, like a god, so to speak. She doesn't want ANY living thing to exist on this planet. It's not enough for her not to exist - ALL life needs to be eliminated. And she'd flip the switch on all life if she could.
In that case, perhaps she should be more understanding of others who have different reasons for needing to ctb. She hates her life, but thinks everyone else should hate their lives as well and thinks everyone should think the same as she does. Everyone is different and have different reasons for wanting to end their lives... failed romance, losing a child, mental illness, being a victim of sexual abuse, domestic abuse... the list goes on. But not everyone hates life and their existence, some are merely victims of circumstances that they can't shake off, however hard they try to. Funeralcry bangs on about how disgusting life is and how everyone should feel as she feels. She's bang out of order, and if she's so unhappy with her life, why is SHE still here, after THREE years on this site? If it's difficult for her to leave, then it must be difficult for others too, especially taking into account preferred method and availability of resources, SI which is a HUGE factor, leaving loved ones... etc.,
As far as age is concerned I certainly DO have an issue with 18 - 20 year old being here and getting caught up in the suicidal mayhem. They're so young, with underdeveloped brains, feelings, emotions, thoughts... some have undiagnosed mental illnesses, some have parents who aren't seeing their kids are suffering and their kids have problems opening up to them. It's all very sad.

I don't know what I'm trying to say here, but I'm putting a few considerations forward for FuneralCry.
I don't know her entire circumstances. Maybe she's an invalid to some degree and is unable to remove herself from her hell on earth. I just don't know. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one. She is entitled to her opinion, as we all are.

As far as age is concerned I certainly DO have an issue with 18 - 20 year old being here and getting caught up in the suicidal mayhem.
I completely agree, but bite my tongue most of the time. There are even younger ages than that here.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Aries, rosenwasser and 3 others
numar

numar

Always tired
Sep 11, 2023
Maybe you should spend some time off the site if you're getting angry with it. It isn't healthy to be frustrated over other people venting like that. As other people have said it can be an outlet for some people. Do you really only want to come here to read threads about people ctb and that's it? You don't want to possibly hear about someone that got help and fixed their life? I'm not a pro lifer I'm going to ctb in less than a month, but seriously. Try getting help if you feel like this.

• Informative
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, hhh_, rationaltake and 3 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
It's blatantly obvious some people are faking CTB for attention and trivializing a real problem for attention which is what irks me the most.
this was my biggest fear when I failed my hanging attempt. The top of the ligature wasn't tied securely enough to a tree branch to support my weight. Guess I should of done the trunk of a tree instead but I wasn't sure if I'd be competent enough. I could barely reach the top of the branch as my step ladder wasn't tall enough, so the rope loosened (though it was still tied to tree) and I fell to the ground. I was in pain and somewhat out of it when I fell (I lost consciousness beforehand), and it was getting light out and a car already parked at the park. I decided to go to the er to check for damage as I was scared I'd get caught.

I had none. I mean my throat and head hurt yeah, and I had a forehead lump and a red ligature bruise on my neck, but the neck scan came back normal. No brain or spinal cord damage. I was so angry. That I didn't cause serious damage made me feel like everyone would think I never truly meant to CTB. I thought no one would forgive me for scaring them for no reason and attempting again was my only option when I got discharged from the looney bin.

Realizing people were happy I survived and forgave me is what made me decide to choose recovery. I made a new account after deleting my old one so I could let the lovely souls who supported me in my goodbye thread know that I survived. To my surprise, they were happy I failed and caused minimal damage!

I agree with pro-choice principles, yet I think many people who think this is their only option haven't truly considered what else is out there. At least that stands true for me. I can't speak for anyone else of course. I personally love this forum because it understands some people can't be saved and aides them in not ending up with permanent damage, but also provides an outlet for those who could potentially be saved without fearing police or incarceration.

This site isn't pro-suicide. It's pro-choice. I'd say existence itself isn't pain (unless you have an incurable condition, very pro-euthanasia there), but the corruption of mankind makes it painful for those less fortunate. Sometimes suicide is the answer. Sometimes it isn't. What's wrong with making sure people who may have other options realize that before ctb? Not making 100% sure a person cannot be saved and has zero chance of changing their mind only adds to the death cult stereotype of SaSu.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, Freyja13, rationaltake and 1 other person
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
get em Valk, well said :)
🫶🏻🫶🏻
I think the topic has become personal and this is not good. She has the right to talk about the problems she is facing without attacking her
The same can be said for those she is upset about. If you start this kind of conversation, you should expect the backlash it will have

Reactions: AvoidingMyself, hhh_, rationaltake and 4 others
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
FC thread really showed the hatred of some people, took this an opportunity to attack her is really pathetic. just ignore them FC.

• Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Asingletwig
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
I think there may be a small misunderstanding about the "flip the switch" comment I made. In a posting that got deleted because of the SS outage, I asked @FuneralCry directly that if she was in charge of a switch to extinguish all life, would she flip the switch to the off position (to extinguish ALL life). She said she would in an instant. That's where the discussion went awry a little, because I told her that was , in effect, taking away everyone elses choice whether to live, or to die, because she would be making the choice for everyone, and every living thing, herself, like a god, so to speak. She doesn't want ANY living thing to exist on this planet. It's not enough for her not to exist - ALL life needs to be eliminated. And she'd flip the switch on all life if she could.
I would do the same as well. Not because I think everyone should hate their life (I don't, as i clarified in other posts of mine), or because I simply feel bad about it, or because I want to save people from themselves, but to prevent an infinitely greater amount of suffering.

Because, even if the real right to die became a thing, killing yourself doesn't retroactively erase all the suffering you experienced beforehand, it merely ends your torment. And that suffering is caused by people and animals procreating, whether intentionally or not. And the price to pay for creating happy lives is creating the miserable ones as well, that's just inevitable.

Freedom is an instrumental value, not an absolute value, and one that it is generally important to respect because otherwise we would live in a worse society, i.e one where more unnecessary suffering is caused by murder. And that's why, within the context of life's continued existence, I'm all for respecting the freedom of choice others, including not murdering people of course, otherwise there would be more problems. Such as people living in fear (at least more than they do now) that this could happen to them due to society not protecting their right to life. That's because the only source of value are feelings, everything else only has value based on how it affects them.

But freedom is something only a sentient being needs, and imposing life is not the same as imposing death via omnicide, for what society and what sentient beings would remain to be affected by the greater problems such a violation of consent would otherwise cause, and who would even be able to lament the loss of life? Nobody. On the other hand, procreation and coercive suicide prevention do have harmful consequences on sentient beings, because someone will have life imposed on him or her, including the risk of torturous pain, and those people CAN indeed lament their fate, in case things don't go well (and they often don't).

Therefore, I'm afraid the two impositions are not rationally on the same level. And respecting the freedom of choice of those who are alive right now also entails infinitely more impositions on infinitely more people.

Though, since perfection is not of this world, the red button would likely have to be analyzed to verify that it won't cause more torment than it is intended to cure, so I would be very careful before pressing it.

And if I could, I would prefer to eliminate suffering without killing anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloud Busting
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
In a posting that got deleted because of the SS outage, I asked @FuneralCry directly that if she was in charge of a switch to extinguish all life, would she flip the switch to the off position (to extinguish ALL life). She said she would in an instant.
i would too, this world is nothing good and it meant for suffering. respect to FC. she would do everyone a favor.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i would too, this world is nothing good and it meant for suffering. respect to FC. she would do everyone a favor.
I don't get where you think you have the right to to decide whether others live or die? First, that would be murder. Is it just one of those cases with you, and others like you, that if you can't live, no one else deserves to either? Just another iteration of if I can't have them, no one can? You're not judge, jury, and executioner. If you want to kill yourself fine, but you have absolutely ZERO right to decide that for others. There are plenty of people in this world not like us who honestly love life and cherish it. Frankly, your view on this flies in the face of what this website stands for, which is pro-choice. You're not pro-choice, you're a dictator, frankly. You think you should get to decide for others what's good for them, which completely takes away the idea of maintaining one's autonomy over one's own self and body. That's a really sick philosophy you have, IMO.
but to prevent an infinitely greater amount of suffering.
That's not for you to decide. That's way above your pay grade. Your philosophy flies in the face of being pro-choice, where an individual is the one who gets to decide what's best for them, what they can do with their own body, that they have autonomy over their own life and body. Your view is one of a dictator, one who decide what's best for everyone. That's one sick philosophy.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, hhh_, ChronicallyCynical and 6 others
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Which is why I especially despise how methods like Nembutal aren't legalised, it's so disgusting how we are denied the right to cease existing in peace whenever we wish to and instead there is just this website which doesn't really function properly.

And as well as that it seems to be becoming less of a suicide discussion by the day, more like a discussion of everything instead. And I thought the suicide discussion was meant for people who hate life to vent about wanting to die or ask about methods without all the condescending pro-lifers rather than a "recovery", life advice, pro-life and random discussion forum.

Like why do people see venting posts as an excuse to force pro-life condescending toxic positivity onto people despite the fact that it's meant to be a suicide forum, it's especially insensitive when people are invalidated because of age, like suicide isn't something to prevent, suicide is a perfectly valid decision and I cannot stand people who worship something so disgusting as existence so much.

I've felt that way about the main forum for a long time but I thought that it's best to just try and ignore it and just write my own posts instead but when I did that even they got all deleted and taken away as the site is ruined now, it doesn't properly function anymore, it's sad that this is all suicidal people have.

I wish there was something better than this site meaning an actual right to die so that websites like this would never need to exist and instead all those who have awareness about how existence is so dreadful can just be at peace.
It's not the site. It's fucking pro-lifers

kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
I'm sorry you're suffering so much, and I wish we could all be at peace like you said so we wouldn't even need this site to begin with

Reactions: Tobacco
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Wow, there is a lot of passion in this thread.

1) I don't think it's fair to gang up on @FuneralCry for expressing her opinion. Her views are well known, and yes she has been here for years. But we all agree that ctb is a personal matter and she will leave us (or stay) as her own choice and I her own time. Let's not judge her for voicing her thoughts or for taking her time. Instead, let's support her in her choices :heart:

2) Given recent attacks on this site, and the mainstream general dislike of it, I might think that it might be time for SaSu v2.0. I would pose this question to the founders, admins and moderators: can you imagine a SaSu site that is not a target, yet allows for the same content and improved functionality?

If the answer is yes, then let's start the process to build it based on the needs of the users.

In the admins defense, a site like this is difficult to maintain, let alone try a major upgrade. This is not a small undertaking technically, operationally and potentially legally. But i think we need to start somewhere.

A starting point could be a thread asking users to list their favorite features, the things that are hardest for them, and the one thing they would like to improve the most. (Just an idea.)

In my toxic positivity, I believe the answer to my question is Yes, at least for the US. (I don't know the laws of other countries well enough yet.) And I would be willing to offer my services to help.

Reactions: rosenwasser, Praestat_Mori and Salvation_
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
There's moral reasons for pushing the red button. For example, to end suffering on a horror planet where animals must tear each other apart — or die of hunger

And why not probe with further questions? Like "Would you join a team of pleasant/fun people who act effectively to reduce the world's suffering?" That one really tells you a lot about someone

I like asking children such questions. Their responses are interesting. Certainly saner than some tv writer who pretends children answer like: "Well, Timmy has a dog who loves life! Do you want to KILL Timmy's DOG?"

As for the OP's morality... she's for reducing suffering. But perhaps doesn't recognize the efforts people do behind the scenes to improve the site. If she's (say) autistic, I can imagine she's extra disturbed by recent disruptions

Reactions: Tobacco
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
That's not for you to decide. That's way above your pay grade. Your philosophy flies in the face of being pro-choice, where an individual is the one who gets to decide what's best for them, what they can do with their own body, that they have autonomy over their own life and body. Your view is one of a dictator, one who decide what's best for everyone. That's one sick philosophy.

I never said that I was always pro-choice, I said that you have to be pro-choice when there are no good reasons to think and do otherwise, which I already explained why it is not the case for our continued existence as a whole species. And yes, it is for me to decide, because I have rational reasons to do that, whereas the only reasons for not doing it are dogmatic rules that are assumed to be valid by default, because they are the rules, completely ignoring the consequences, as if they were sacred dogmas inscribed in some tablets by God, when they are just instrumental values, and nothing more.

Freedom of choice is an important value, the issue is that, if you want to violate it, you need a very good justification. And unless you believe in some afterlife, pressing the red button does indeed erase suffering, which, in general, albeit inconsistently, is something all sentient beings wish to avoid, unless it is necessary to avoid more of it. And the suffering of this world is, on the whole, completely unnecessary.

Moreover, dictators are rightly opposed because their rule causes more unnecessary suffering to existing people who CAN lament their fate, but WHO is going to lament the loss of life if there are no sentient beings in the world? Who? Nobody, therefore I'm afraid your comparison is faulty.

You are assuming an all or nothing, absolutist mindset, that if I am pro-choice in some areas, I must be in all respects, regardless of whether there are rational justifications to be or not, when even in our world it doesn't work that way, and in many cases for good reasons.

It's also not about deciding what is good for everyone, it's about cutting losses. And I like how you accuse me of wanting to decide what is good for everyone when that is exactly what procreators do every time they roll dice with a new life. So, basically, let me get it straight, it's ok for them to impose not only the risk, but in many cases the certainty of a tremendous life on an number of miserable individuals that will eventually infinitely outnumber the ones who are alive right now, with the only uncertainty being who will suffer to that extent, but if someone tries to stop these people, THAT is "above their paygrade"?

And one last thing, if it was possible to erase suffering without killing anyone, I would absolutely vote for it, because I don't care what people want to do with their life, so long as they don't procreate, and I have no desire to kill them. I just don't see any other solution, unfortunately.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tobacco and floralheaddress
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I never said that I was always pro-choice, I said that you have to be pro-choice when there are no good reasons to think and do otherwise, which I already explained why it is not the case for our continued existence as a whole species. And yes, it is for me to decide, because I have rational reasons to do that, whereas the only reasons for not doing it are dogmatic rules that are assumed to be valid by default, because they are the rules, completely ignoring the consequences, as if they were sacred dogmas inscribed in some tablets by God, when they are just instrumental values, and nothing more.

Freedom of choice is an important value, the issue is that, if you want to violate it, you need a very good justification. And unless you believe in some afterlife, pressing the red button does indeed erase suffering, which, in general, albeit inconsistently, is something all sentient beings wish to avoid, unless it is necessary to avoid more of it. And the suffering of this world is, on the whole, completely unnecessary.

Moreover, dictators are rightly opposed because their rule causes more unnecessary suffering to existing people who CAN lament their fate, but WHO is going to lament the loss of life if there are no sentient beings in the world? Who? Nobody, therefore I'm afraid your comparison is faulty.

You are assuming an all or nothing, absolutist mindset, that if I am pro-choice in some areas, I must be in all respects, regardless of whether there are rational justifications to be or not, when even in our world it doesn't work that way, and in many cases for good reasons.

It's also not about deciding what is good for everyone, it's about cutting losses. And I like how you accuse me of wanting to decide what is good for everyone when that is exactly what procreators do every time they roll dice with a new life. So, basically, let me get it straight, it's ok for them to impose not only the risk, but in many cases the certainty of a tremendous life on an number of miserable individuals that will eventually infinitely outnumber the ones who are alive right now, with the only uncertainty being who will suffer to that extent, but if someone tries to stop these people, THAT is "above their paygrade"?

And one last thing, if it was possible to erase suffering without killing anyone, I would absolutely vote for it, because I don't care what people want to do with their life, so long as they don't procreate, and I have no desire to kill them. I just don't see any other solution, unfortunately.
You don't get to make a decision to wipe out others' existence. You only get to decide on your own existence. Period. Hard stop. Exit stage left. Drop the mic. It's a damn good thing that all of this is only hypothetical.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie, hhh_, ChronicallyCynical and 1 other person