• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Is anyone else feeling numb and out of touch with life? Nothing has any meaning to me and it's beginning to scare me. I feel so out of touch with life and the things others care about. I know this is at least in part due to my decision to CTB, but it's gotten to the point where I barely comprehend humor. Nothing makes me laugh anymore. I feel numb and complete apathy towards life like an alien.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Same here. Nothing feels real to me. It also scares me that nothing makes me feel happy and okay for long.
Everyday I just wake up ,do the things I dont enjoy ,go sleep and repeat the same old thing

sad_frog

sad_frog

May 21, 2019
The numbness is the scariest part about my depression experience. When I start to feel numb there is nothing to distract me from my thoughts of self harm and suicide. I don't even know if I'm having actual thoughts sometimes, it's like I'm already brain dead.

The few passions that helped me keep my head above water becomes pointless, the way I/others perceive me becomes pointless, my relationships hopes and dreams are ALL pointless. Even getting out of bed to eat and shower become pointless. Breathing is all I can do in the numb state.

I'm always looking for an answer on how to get my interests back but I'm afraid that I'm looking for an answer that doesn't exist.
The "just do it" outlook doesn't help the numbness because I don't have any interest in doing anything. I can't even IMAGINE something that would make me happy, even if I had all the time and money in the world. I'm scared.

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
The "just do it" outlook doesn't help the numbness because I don't have any interest in doing anything. I can't even IMAGINE something that would make me happy, even if I had all the time and money in the world. I'm scared.

The only thing I can tell you is you're not alone..., even though most of the time it feels like you are.

Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
The numbness is the scariest part about my depression experience. When I start to feel numb there is nothing to distract me from my thoughts of self harm and suicide. I don't even know if I'm having actual thoughts sometimes, it's like I'm already brain dead.

The few passions that helped me keep my head above water becomes pointless, the way I/others perceive me becomes pointless, my relationships hopes and dreams are ALL pointless. Even getting out of bed to eat and shower become pointless. Breathing is all I can do in the numb state.

I'm always looking for an answer on how to get my interests back but I'm afraid that I'm looking for an answer that doesn't exist.
I can relate to this. I fear that it wouldn't matter how my circumstances changed I'd still feel this empty numbness. I just want to die.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Is anyone else feeling numb and out of touch with life? Nothing has any meaning to me and it's beginning to scare me. I feel so out of touch with life and the things others care about. I know this is at least in part due to my decision to CTB, but it's gotten to the point where I barely comprehend humor. Nothing makes me laugh anymore. I feel numb and complete apathy towards life like an alien.
Yes, while I was deeply depressed without being treated. And after I had a really bad case of PTSD with no medication to deal with it... But later on, I started feeling human again.

Reactions: Circles
faultypiston

faultypiston

Jun 10, 2019
Yes, absolutely. My passions and hobbies no longer bring me a sense of accomplishment or adventure. I can only really be immersed in planning my suicide these days.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles and Robbyna
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019

Wow I can relate to this perfectly. There is no reward, no point in doing anything, so you just exist... it's horrible. I also have trouble emotionally connecting to others, total apathy. It feels like my brain is broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: sad_frog
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
I've found if you really want to CTB you have to be careful to not fall too far into this, or you may not even have enough in you to end it.

Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
Yes. There are certain things that I still have strong swaying emotions for, but typically I see everything as "eh."