• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SquirrelsInMyPants

SquirrelsInMyPants

Nov 4, 2020
I've been taking venlafaxine for like 2 months and other meds before, none seem to work and I'm getting tired of either feeling sad all the time or feeling bored, like nothing is going to be enough ever, that feeling makes me want to ctb but I lack the courage (tried it before, chose to live at the last instant) I don't want to live like this but my damned survival instinct won't let me ctb, any advice?

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If you get a part time job over lunch time at a fast food restaurant, there will be at least a couple of hours you won't be bored. If you get a volunteer job like reading to the elderly, working to improve literacy, or mentoring some young people, you might find that the fog of sadness tends to lessen when you are helping others.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I suffered from the same problem a few days ago, but right now I'm much better since my brother is here and I can remember and believe there are other things in the world than just an empty depressing void.

The lack of courage is a big problem for me too. What has helped me sometimes is becoming really angry. Anger leads to rush actions. Maybe try thinking of all the things you hate the next time you try to ctb?