• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
My favorite genre is open world JRPGs and my favorite video game is Dragon Quest VIII
JRPGs are really good. While unfortunately I never played one myself I've seen playthroughs on Youtube of some. I've heard of Dragon Quest, all though I do not know much about it. I'll watch a playthrough of it sometime!
Dark Souls. First one
Dark Souls is an excellent series. It is popular for a reason after all. The first one is my favorite too, though only if Bloodborne isn't considered a Dark Souls game. If it would be, then it'll be my second favorite.

F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
I haven't been able to get Batman: Arkham Knight out of my head. One of those games I wish I could experience for the first time again. I also love the Persona series, particularly Persona 5—I recently finished a replay of the expansion, Royal.
Arkham Knight is a beautiful game, I really like the aesthetics of it. It has a New York fantasy city vibe, fitting the whole Gotham theme. The colors, how city lights reflect off wet concrete and street puddles. Cloudy skies and foggy weather with an ocean in the distance. Breathtaking, really.

Persona is something I am entirely unfamiliar with, but the music in the game is amazing to hear.
Either The Elder Scrolls or the Pillars of Eternity series.
I strongly recommend trying out Enderal if you have Skyrim! Skyrim is great, but eventually you will do everything the game has to offer. Enderal is a separate game based on the Skyrim Creation Engine, and it is free to download if you already have Skyrim. You can get it on Steam, and it is a separate client from the base game. This makes it easy to mod without any concerns of breaking your Skyrim ones.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I strongly recommend trying out Enderal if you have Skyrim! Skyrim is great, but eventually you will do everything the game has to offer. Enderal is a separate game based on the Skyrim Creation Engine, and it is free to download if you already have Skyrim. You can get it on Steam, and it is a separate client from the base game. This makes it easy to mod without any concerns of breaking your Skyrim ones.
I've been aware of it ever since its first announcement, yet it's not something I would be interested in, unfortunately.

Reactions: ForsakenDial
looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
Sandbox is awesome. For me nothing can beat Minecraft, although I wish they had stopped updating it after 2013 - that was the game's best year imo. Fuck, that was 10 years ago...

Other than sandbox, Skyrim and Zelda BOTW. Absolute masterpieces. Can't wait for BOTW's sequel to release in May! Hopefully it won't run like shit though.

MentalStefan

MentalStefan

Loser
Jul 3, 2022
Yes, sandbox is the best genre. I love economic strategies too. I love playing minecraft (especially messing around with redstone mechanisms - it brings me the most joy; recently I installed a bunch of technical mods like industrialcraft, buildcraft etc. and Minecraft became even more playable!), Factorio, Roblox, GTA V, Cities Skylines and the most favorite strategy of mine - Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic. For real, WRSR is a masterpiece and one the best computer games I've ever played.

Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I haven't been able to get Batman: Arkham Knight out of my head. One of those games I wish I could experience for the first time again. I also love the Persona series, particularly Persona 5—I recently finished a replay of the expansion, Royal.
Arkham Knight is incredible, the design and tone if it is just perfect. It's dark and even veers into horror a little bit. It's my favorite version of Batman/Gotham along with some of the comics and the two Tim Burton movies.

I can't really name one game that's my all time favorite, but besides the Arkham games some of my favorites include Super Mario Bros. 3, GTA Vice City and Hearts of Iron 2. I also played through Cyberpunk 2077 last summer and really loved it, but I think it helped that I got it for cheap and went in with low expectations.

Ghostofthepast

Ghostofthepast

Student
Dec 31, 2022
My favorite genre is sandbox because it allows you to relax and make things. But to pick a specific game is difficult. I'm leaning towards Starbound, but I do not like how the game expresses its lore. Lore is very important to me in the games I play.
Rpgs are my go too love them but I have grown to love sandbox and open world games honestly

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
It is very difficult to choose just one, I find it easier to choose just one genre, I love RPGs in most of their subgenres and variants, expansive and variable stories, systems with their depth and demands to be able to exploit them, when I think it carefully many of my favorite video games franchises (Trails, MegaTen, Mass Effect, Tales of, Monster Hunter...) belong to a greater or lesser extent to this genre.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Really enjoyed Subnautica. Also love city building games. Loved the Jurassic Park game on the original XBox- although I used to get really stressed when storms would destroy the fences and they would escape and start eating the guests.

I grew up loving video games. Some golden oldies I loved on the old Atari computer were: Treasure Island Dizzy and Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders. No internet back then- hence- I never finished either of them! I even enjoyed watching walk-throughs of them on YouTube recently.

Reactions: ForsakenDial
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
32ff31c3e49e0830152a6545dfe3b468.jpg

Inferno

Inferno

Jan 9, 2023
Garry's Mod
Unturned
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive