Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead đź’¤
Nov 29, 2021
This is a totally random and oddly specific thing to ask on a forum like this, but I really want to talk to people about sea creatures . . . It doesn't hurt to just ask, right?
So . . . What are your favorite marine animals, what makes them interesting to you?
I love everything about the ocean in general but my favorites are blacktip sharks and spinners. I see these near where I live, along with whale sharks, great whites, and bottlenose dolphins. They are all some of the most amazing things I have ever seen . . . Spinners specifically because they can jump up out of the water to hunt at speeds of up to 46 miles per hour.

(Also, if you don't really have interest in the ocean . . . I'm willing to hear your about your favorite terrestrial animals, too.)

• Love
Reactions: Nemeshisu, Lupgevif, OrcWitch and 4 others
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I love how octopi use coconuts as camouflage. Pretty cool. I also like giant squids, their mono eye is what I imagine the prime creator's to be.

Reactions: Nemeshisu, MeltedJello, OrcWitch and 3 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Seals, no particular reason, I just like how they look.

Reactions: MeltedJello, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Shadowplay and 4 others
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead đź’¤
Nov 29, 2021
I love how octopi use coconuts as camouflage. Pretty cool. I also like giant squids, their mono eye is what I imagine the prime creator's to be.
Yes!! The coconut octopus is so so cool. They are so incredibly intelligent . . .
Thinking of giant squids, its a bit funny they have one big eye and one small eye... Just the big one is the one that collects enough light at such deep levels of the sea, so that means the other side of them must be quite a big blind spot?

Seals are my best friend's favorites too! I told him about clubbing though . . . A cruel thing just to get a pelt. They are so cute though. Elephant seals are also super badass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemeshisu and Jenjoh2358
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I like Anglerfish. I just like the way they look.

Reactions: Deleted member 32964, MeltedJello, OrcWitch and 2 others
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead đź’¤
Nov 29, 2021
I like Anglerfish. I just like the way they look.
Yes!!!
A cool thing about them is their "gender roles" I guess you could say, its's the only phrase I can think of. There's probably something better, but the anglerfish you probably think of with the bioluminescent lure and the cool unhinging jaw is the female! The males are like 2cm and swim aimlessly until they collide with a female and fuse into her skin. Usually, the females have a bunch of males fused into them . . . They have a somewhat simlar mating dynamic to wrasses in the way that the female has some influence over what genetics her offspring will have because of the amount of males she has stuck to her. It's really neat!

Reactions: Nemeshisu, Shadowplay and Jenjoh2358
Jenjoh2358

Jenjoh2358

Close the world, Open the next.
Oct 12, 2021
FBE77E6A EAE2 4FCF 96C3 AE6D8D79F62B 'Nautilus'​

• Love
Reactions: Nemeshisu, lostundead, TriggerHappy and 2 others
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead đź’¤
Nov 29, 2021
The nautilus is sooo cool . . . The paper nautiluses were originally thought to use two of their arms as sails, that's where the name comes from! Since the greek word nautĂ­los means sailor (Though paper nautliluses are actually octopuses, the name still applies . . .)

• Informative
Reactions: Jenjoh2358
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
I like swordfishes, because swords are cool.

362AD78F 62C5 4B22 AA14 46DAAF0FF854

Oh and I like jellyfish, because they look squishy.

Glow In The Dark Ocean GIF

• Love
Reactions: OrcWitch, Jenjoh2358 and Dreamlike Reality
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
My favorite animals are orcas.

1. They have dance offs when two pods encounter each other in the wild.

2. One of the few species where they get to know their grandparents.

3. Females stay alive long after menopause. They serve an educational role for younger orcas and have hunting knowledge.

4. Pretty smart.

5. They're just really cute.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeltedJello, Shadowplay, Dreamlike Reality and 1 other person
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
Wp content

I think jellyfish are great! I wish I could just float along without a care in the world and sting whoever tries to stop me. And they're easy to draw, too! Love, Charlotte

Reactions: Nemeshisu, MeltedJello, OrcWitch and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Glaucus Atlanticus are unique looking creatures. Like some futuristic space craft about to annihilate Earth.

Annotation 2021 12 02 212136

Blobfish looks about as miserable as me. Though they probably have a better chance of attracting women than me...

Main qimg c488bf83b8f5b832e1e108fe66760b94 lq

Leafy Seadragons could be an interesting creature to ride into a fabled battle on.

Bigstock Leafy seadragon 116837165 600x

Mantis Shrimps are vibrant in color but you do not want to get nut punched by one of these things.

Mantisshrimp 467993194

Reactions: MeltedJello, OrcWitch and Dreamlike Reality
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/captyyyyyure-1-png.79918/

• Yay!
Reactions: MeltedJello, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Dreamlike Reality
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead đź’¤
Nov 29, 2021
GOSH YES I love jellyfish and orcas also . . . Jellyfish are so chill <3 And about blobfish!! They actually look quite normal in the water, when you take them out they only get blobby like that.

blobfish-1.jpg

I love hearing about everyone's favorite animals . . .
About the axolotl, my 6th grade spanish teacher had one until someone poured chemicals in his tank . . . His name was Pablo. Such a silly little guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Pluto and OrcWitch
TheEndTimes

TheEndTimes

A gay 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨
Aug 23, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: Dreamlike Reality
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
This is a totally random and oddly specific thing to ask on a forum like this, but I really want to talk to people about sea creatures . . . It doesn't hurt to just ask, right?
So . . . What are your favorite marine animals, what makes them interesting to you?
I love everything about the ocean in general but my favorites are blacktip sharks and spinners. I see these near where I live, along with whale sharks, great whites, and bottlenose dolphins. They are all some of the most amazing things I have ever seen . . . Spinners specifically because they can jump up out of the water to hunt at speeds of up to 46 miles per hour.

(Also, if you don't really have interest in the ocean . . . I'm willing to hear your about your favorite terrestrial animals, too.)
Can they be mythical creatures?

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: lostundead, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Shadowplay
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
The poor blobfish. Funny how a decompression-damaged travesty of a deep-sea dweller became the laughing stock of the world.
Screenshot 20211203 155030 Chrome
Original

Here's a blob sculpin (Psychrolutes sp.) alive and kick—I mean, swimming in its natural habitat. Blobfish Lives Matter!
N blobfish a 20170601
"Ugly? How dare you! Bet you wouldn't be doing so well down here, either."
Boop!
Tumblr pj5877jBfZ1wku8z4o2 640

@hotelbeneathground Can you guess what this is?
PRC 109872916

Attachments

• original.jpeg
    original.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: newave3, MeltedJello, Dreamlike Reality and 2 others
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
octopuses. they are smart, they have blue blood, they do not have fish shape, legends about giant octopuses exists, and of course, japanese weird stuff related with tentacles and ladies.
Maxresdefault

also, octopuses are tasty
Download 1

Reactions: MeltedJello, Dreamlike Reality and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dreamlike Reality and motel rooms
nameeater

nameeater

the one with many regrets
Nov 21, 2021
View attachment 79909

I think jellyfish are great! I wish I could just float along without a care in the world and sting whoever tries to stop me. And they're easy to draw, too! Love, Charlotte
same! i love jellyfish, they're super cute and i'm jealous of their way of living...

• Love
Reactions: MeltedJello, TriggerHappy and Dreamlike Reality
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
I love your thread.
When we die sum of us as spirits go to a regeneration bureau of sorts where we learn to construct genomes through ectoplasm & stem cell fabrication. I remember struggling with tubers that became lotus flowers...
When I first had contact with my guides, the usual sort came thru :: Egyptians, Tibetan, American Indians. As I gained in experience... there were atlanteans, annunaki, incas and a host of other non-human (non 'grey' alien beings...) as i became braver, and more adept at communication, so did they. Some where the size of horses, but had pterodactyl wings like bats... they barely fitted into my lounge they were so huge and awesome. They used to set the dogs off something mental!
These undersea creatures are reminiscent of the creatures on Jupiter, (where the octagon floating pyramids house incredible civilizations...)...the spiritual entities that when we die we will recognize (and not be afraid) as spirit guides, because we had a touchstone from the sea...
We are truly part of an incredible existence, just cos you can't see it doesn't mean it can't exist, or serves no purpose..!!

Maybe never forget to marvel like a kid at the miniscule immensity of the everything.

• Wow
Reactions: TheEndTimes, MeltedJello and Dreamlike Reality
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead đź’¤
Nov 29, 2021
I love your thread.
When we die sum of us as spirits go to a regeneration bureau of sorts where we learn to construct genomes through ectoplasm & stem cell fabrication. I remember struggling with tubers that became lotus flowers...
When I first had contact with my guides, the usual sort came thru :: Egyptians, Tibetan, American Indians. As I gained in experience... there were atlanteans, annunaki, incas and a host of other non-human (non 'grey' alien beings...) as i became braver, and more adept at communication, so did they. Some where the size of horses, but had pterodactyl wings like bats... they barely fitted into my lounge they were so huge and awesome. They used to set the dogs off something mental!
These undersea creatures are reminiscent of the creatures on Jupiter, (where the octagon floating pyramids house incredible civilizations...)...the spiritual entities that when we die we will recognize (and not be afraid) as spirit guides, because we had a touchstone from the sea...
We are truly part of an incredible existence, just cos you can't see it doesn't mean it can't exist, or serves no purpose..!!

Maybe never forget to marvel like a kid at the miniscule immensity of the everything.

That video is fascinating . . . Bioluminescence is such a cool thing, the luciferase molecules and all . . . And the comb jelly, so pretty !!! I wish I actually knew more about them.

• Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
That video is fascinating . . . Bioluminescence is such a cool thing, the luciferase molecules and all . . . And the comb jelly, so pretty !!! I wish I actually knew more about them.
Images 17

fkg breathtaking...! To just spend 1 night, plz maybe a week?! in a submersible, checking these creatures out would be mind-blowing!

• Love
Reactions: TheEndTimes and Dreamlike Reality
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead đź’¤
Nov 29, 2021
View attachment 79984

fkg breathtaking...! To just spend 1 night, plz maybe a week?! in a submersible, checking these creatures out would be mind-blowing!
Absolutely!!!! It'd be really cool to see a dumbo octopus, as are as they are in the vastness of the ocean . . . All deep sea creatures are so mesmerizing, and the way they can withstand all that pressure is so impressive to me . . .

D

Deleted member 32964

I'd like to be a whale (J/K). I wouldn't like to communicate with my family half-way around the globe through whale ESP and beach myself. I have enough of that, already. I have nightmares about whales, frequently.

Maybe a seahorse. So I can be truly independent, non-gendered and have my own babies with myself!

Reactions: MeltedJello