• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Demon Slayer. Wbu?
Besides Elfen Lied which is my all time favorite series probably in general. Neo Geniuses Evangelion. I thought Evangelion was a really cool series even though Shinji's kind of an annoying character to me. Not so much the character but the frickin' voice actor, they got this guy his name is Spikes Spencer I believe is the voice actor's name I don't like that guy he does this really whiny high pitch voice that really kind of gets to me. Full Metal Alchemist. I loved Full Metal Alchemist. Although I hate Full Metal Alchemist fans. love the show Full Metal Alchemist but I hate Full Metal Alchemist fans. Because they're mostly like teenage girls and shit that kind of like miss the whole point of the show. I mostly liked it because I could kind of relate because the main character even though he does these things that to us in this reality would be the equivalent of magic within the context of the world he exists within he's really more of a skeptic and he is definitely atheistic and I was just really kind of it was really kind of cool to have an atheistic kind of skeptical hero to relate to even if that was just a small part of his personality that wasn't really extenuated and there was a lot of criticisms of religion in that show that I thought were really valid and cool I really like to see that in mainstream entertainment. Plus just cool imagery and just a really heart felt story so I thought that was really awesome. I've probably watched Full Metal Alchemist seven times just because I fan relate to so many of the characters in that series. Trigun, I like Trigun because that was a really unique concept the concept of a gunman that travels the country. Travels a planet. It's about this gunman that travels this desert planet and he never kills anybody is the thing he dispenses justice and stuff but he never actually but he has this code where he doesn't ever kill anyone he never he'll never even he tries not to even injure anybody when he can avoid it. I thought that was really cool it was kind of a Christ metaphor. I have the DVDs of this show called This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, which I think was done Gainex, I could mistaken there, that was a pretty decent show. Baki the Grappler is terrible but it's kind of entertaining just in how bad it is. Speed Grapher's really good really underrated series, one of my favorites. Peace Maker that was a good show. Gungrave was good. Great Teacher Onizuka. Berserk-I saw it, I like it, did not like the cliff hanger ending, I'm not going to read the manga which it seems like the whole series was a giant commercial for so it didn't sell me but I did enjoy what I saw. Death Note-I was very impressed with it, I think it's a very suspensfoul show, it's very good, it's very well written, it's very.. it builds the tension well and I think even people who don't like anime would still probably like that show. Gunsmith cats, Riding bean, Space commander cobra, Jinroh, The girl who lept through time, Any season of lupin III, Desert Punk, Sword Art Online. Golden Boy is an all time favorite of mine, one of the best pieces of consumable media ever imo.

I'm a pretty big anime fan but I'm not like a huge anime nerd I would never go to a convention or something but I'm a decent fan I appreciate the art form.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm apathetic to media for the most part but one media which has made me feel something (albeit I'll admit I haven't watched many things in the first place). This media being attack on titan. I feel like it nailed so many aspects down that made me entertained despite my overall apathy and anhedonia to everything in life. For one, I really liked the story throughout and I liked a couple of scenes too. I enjoyed the OSTs even though I don't really tend to like music. I enjoyed the nice action scenes and how intense things got. I enjoyed zeke having somewhat of an antinatalist mindset though, if there's one thing I dislike in the show, it's how they made zeke randomly appreciate life because "hey, look, ball is nice and little things matter. Though I'll admit that they had to do this because it appeals to the wider audience due to how pro life everybody is and so on.

But, yeah, aside from that one thing, I enjoyed attack on titan throughout the entire show which isn't really something that I tend to do due to how things don't affect me that much

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I enjoyed The Promised Neverland, Re:Zero, Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, Elfen Lied, and of course Neon Genesis Evangelion. I don't actually watch anime all that often these days but there are definitely some good ones out there (way more bad ones imo).

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I enjoyed The Promised Neverland, Re:Zero, Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, Elfen Lied, and of course Neon Genesis Evangelion. I don't actually watch anime all that often these days but there are definitely some good ones out there (way more bad ones imo).
Cowboy Bebop was fantastic and a great soundtrack. I loved Code Geass. Samurai Champolo is also good.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I believe that The Promised Neverland could be an accurate description of our world, it seems like we're being farmed for our energy by the archons. That could explain why there's so much suffering
I'm apathetic to media for the most part but one media which has made me feel something (albeit I'll admit I haven't watched many things in the first place). This media being attack on titan. I feel like it nailed so many aspects down that made me entertained despite my overall apathy and anhedonia to everything in life. For one, I really liked the story throughout and I liked a couple of scenes too. I enjoyed the OSTs even though I don't really tend to like music. I enjoyed the nice action scenes and how intense things got. I enjoyed zeke having somewhat of an antinatalist mindset though, if there's one thing I dislike in the show, it's how they made zeke randomly appreciate life because "hey, look, ball is nice and little things matter. Though I'll admit that they had to do this because it appeals to the wider audience due to how pro life everybody is and so on.

But, yeah, aside from that one thing, I enjoyed attack on titan throughout the entire show which isn't really something that I tend to do due to how things don't affect me that much
I like AOT as well. Btw, my fav anime OST's are Top and Slump from Tower of God. They're by my fav kpop group, SKZ

Last edited:
Reactions: WishToBeGood
druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I believe that The Promised Neverland could be an accurate description of our world, it seems like we're being farmed for our energy by the archons. That could explain all of the suffering on this planet

I like Attack on Titan as well. My fav anime OST's are Top and Slump by SKZ
I'm pretty sure the whole plot of TPN is an allegory for factory farming but it's certainly up to interpretation! There is a lot of overlap between veganism and anti-natalism so you might be onto something in that regard.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I'm pretty sure the whole plot of TPN is an allegory for factory farming but it's certainly up to interpretation! There is a lot of overlap between veganism and anti-natalism so you might be onto something in that regard.
Yeah I know, my point is that the archons could be factory farming humans in the same way that we're factoring farming animals

Last edited:
Reactions: WishToBeGood
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘 : 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I'm not too crazy into anime but probably Soul Eater as It kinda stuck out to me and I really liked the intro/styles/characters as well.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Clannad (especially the second season After Story), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kiki's Delivery Service, K-ON, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, Kanon, Serial Experiments Lain, Gunbuster, Cardcaptor Sakura, Azumanga Daioh.

Just to name a few...

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Well, it was just golden age arc adaptation besides the first episode. It couldn't end with less of a cliffhanger.

1997 anime is still the best unfortunately. I also wished it continued because other adaptations are crap.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Promised Neverland and Shadow House. Both anime about being trapped in a system as a child and trying to escape the nightmare.

I've lost appetite to the common shonen anime that the horror ones are that feels interesting. There's also the villainess anime cos it cathers to women more.

bugs_for_brains

bugs_for_brains

We can always regroup on the moon <3
Mar 4, 2024
revolutionary girl utena, attack on titan, most studio ghibli (esp. Princess mononoke), fullmetal alchemist 2003 and mushi-shi are some that I like

B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
-Evangelion
-Serial Experiments Lain
-Hunter x Hunter (2011)
-Princess Mononoke
-Revolutionairy Girl Utena
-Monogatari Series
-Tatami Galaxy
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
-Kill La Kill
-Welcome to the NHK

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I have a few.
  • Lucky Star. This is an anime I feel nostalgic for. The jokes went over my head back then but now that I'm more media literate I can understand it.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!. Only the fansubs though. 4Kids can suck a truck.
  • Redo of Healer. This anime is the one that taught modern day me that revenge is the only way bad actors will learn from their sins. Yeah you're expected to wait for karma but if there's no one around to deal karma, then that goal lies in your hands. It also taught me how people in power act and how they will act when someone commits "wrongthink" or when the "commoners" start getting support at the expense of their hellish deeds. For a short series, it's pretty eye opening.
  • Hajimete no Gal. Busty gyaru girls. Nuff said.
  • Digimon Ghost Game. I got into Digimon after a friend of mine gifted me the tokusatsu Vital Bracelet for my birthday. Afterwards I decided to watch Ghost Game and honestly I love it.

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Global Respondent Adjudicator
Jul 10, 2022
Boogie Woogie Clap GIF by Xbox

BROTHER

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The only Japanese cartoon I've ever watched is Death Note (in Sept '18). The first dozen episodes were incredibly satisfying (esp. the one with Light killing a girl xd), but later it went to shit. Although the idea of making oneself a cog in one's own machine is profound.

In Nov '23 I tried watching Evangelion, but after 5-6 episodes I was bored to tears. I tried watching Berserk per some recommendation, but the first scene repulsed me. And overall, I get disgusted by the anime drawing style of focusing on eyes, mouths, dumb laughter... And female characters, they seem to be everywhere! Desunoto was so good with the tension between two hot bois...

I have been suggested Monster as a manly anime for masculine men, is that true?

S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Dropped "Lain" after 3 episodes- simply got bored and thought it's not worth my time sitting through if I'm going to ctb soon. I want to watch things that grip me immediately in the way "Beastars" did. Honestly think I'm sticking around only until I get to see its final season and "Golden Kamuy" (best anime. Hilarious, yet serious and emotional. Action packed, yet slice of life . Weird, fun, Fantastic storyline. It has everything and is wonderful)

Some that I've enjoyed are as follows-
In this and other corners of the world (heart wrenchingly beautiful movie), Wolf Children, Honey & clover, Made in abyss, 3 gatsu no lion, koi kaze (incest but the way they depicted their feelings weren't stupid in the way other animes deal with the topic. It's quite painful how much they love each other), Paprika, Hells Paradise, Vinland Saga,Heavenly Delusions, Ooku, Usagi Drop, Gantz, Pluto

Are there any that captivated you guys immediately?

Last edited: