• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Correct ! I have to assume that the same potential failure would apply with the H gas and that it was accounted for in the construction of this hood.

I think the Exit International guys have switched from helium to nitrogen themselves now and I'm not aware that anything in the exit bag setup has changed except for the gas used.

Helium is much less dense than nitrogen, but I don't think that plays much of a role in flushing the CO2 out of the bag, that's just done by the constant stream of gas coming in.

Sirius

Sirius

Student
Jul 10, 2019
I think the Exit International guys have switched from helium to nitrogen themselves now and I'm not aware that anything in the exit bag setup has changed except for the gas used.

Helium is much less dense than nitrogen, but I don't think that plays much of a role in flushing the CO2 out of the bag, that's just done by the constant stream of gas coming in.
Thanks

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Can I use this for N2???????
I can't see any reason why not, as N2 works the same as helium.
If the bag has been around sometime, be sure the plastic nor the elastic has deteriorated.
That is the only precaution I can see.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sirius

Sirius

Student
Jul 10, 2019
I can't see any reason why not, as N2 works the same as helium.
If the bag has been around sometime, be sure the plastic nor the elastic has deteriorated.
That is the only precaution I can see.
Thanks
Developed another issue::: I am not using Credit Cards these days Any other way to but Max Dog?

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

May 9, 2019
Developed another issue::: I am not using Credit Cards these days Any other way to but Max Dog?
Tanks of nitrogen, flow regulators and plastic hoses are basic stuff that's available from a lot of places.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/alternative-option-to-max-dog-regulator.19207/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/

Reactions: Sirius
Sirius

Sirius

Student
Jul 10, 2019
Tanks of nitrogen, flow regulators and plastic hoses are basic stuff that's available from a lot of places.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/alternative-option-to-max-dog-regulator.19207/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/
I just dont trust myself to not make a mistake

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

May 9, 2019
I just dont trust myself to not make a mistake
I think the bag itself is the most work though. The other parts are really just standard industry stuff.

J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
I was just checking out my Roast Turkey self basting oven (exit) bags and noticed the 'cooking guide':haha:

Poultry....20 mins per 500g
Lamb...20 mins per 500g
Beef...25 mins per 500g
Human ctb...40 mins @15L per minute

• Yay!
Reactions: Red Desert, Anzhe, bakedaz_jr and 4 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
:ahhha:

Reactions: Righttodie and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

attribute-level-kale

Jul 16, 2019
I recorded a video of my attempt. I had read of peer-reviewed and videotaped attempts that were quite effortless, but my experience was unpleasant.

Alprazolam and Trazadone 12 hours pre-induction.
Instantaneous hypocapnic alarm - at 12 seconds you can see me reach for my throat. At 14 seconds the bag was off.

The good news is I feel much worse after my attempt: apparently, at that juncture, I had too much will to live. Since I have extreme fatigue and sctintillating scotoma, no possessions and do not really have any fixed address. A few steps closer to the burning building.

One takeaway is that sedatives in a person with secondary unipolar depression (to physical illness) are extremely avolitional.

Reactions: Red Desert
I

IveHadEnough

a defective cell
Jul 17, 2019
I recorded a video of my attempt. I had read of peer-reviewed and videotaped attempts that were quite effortless, but my experience was unpleasant.

Alprazolam and Trazadone 12 hours pre-induction.
Instantaneous hypocapnic alarm - at 12 seconds you can see me reach for my throat. At 14 seconds the bag was off.

The good news is I feel much worse after my attempt: apparently, at that juncture, I had too much will to live. Since I have extreme fatigue and sctintillating scotoma, no possessions and do not really have any fixed address. A few steps closer to the burning building.

One takeaway is that sedatives in a person with secondary unipolar depression (to physical illness) are extremely avolitional.
Hello, I'm sorry for your failure. Hope next time will be more successful. Can we see the video of your attempt?

Reactions: waitupana
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
You don't go into much detail, but something is NOT correct.
The hypercapnic alarm should never be triggered, and especially not so soon!
To me, it almost sounds like your tank is filled with CO2 and not N2.

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

attribute-level-kale

Jul 16, 2019
The primary purpose of the post is to indicate it likely will take more than 15 seconds to become unconscious, which is already pretty much known. I heard instances of a blast of N2 will cause you to faint, this cannot possibly be true. It is not to dissuade people from the method.

I suspect Argon would be a more rapid asphyxiant because of its higher density.

Last edited:
Sirius

Sirius

Student
Jul 10, 2019
Any data from Exit or FEN how often failure happens? I never saw a fail with helium

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
For everyone interested in the inert gas/exit bag method, either this month or in August Dr. Nitschke's Exit organization is supposed to announce the introduction of the "Debreather" which hopefully will be available for sale to the public in the near future. It's a mask with hardware attached to it that peacefully asphyxiates you. Under the new rule we can't post links in threads anymore but if you search the forum using "debreather" you'll find past discussions about it. You could also go directly to Exit International's website and read their most recent newsletter.

Here's a screen cap from Exit's latest newsletter discussing it:

Rebreather

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Desert, Anzhe and Sirius
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Don't hold your breath wait for the debreather.
It has been postponed every month for the last few months.
No reason to believe that will not continue.

Reactions: Righttodie and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019

Originally the update about the debreather was supposed to be published on June 30th. That was pushed back to July/August for reasons explained in the screen cap I posted. That's only one postponement that I know of. Do you have information that the debreather was supposed to be made available several months ago as your post suggests?

Last edited:
Reactions: Righttodie
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019

Ironic that we shouldn't hold our breath for a debreather..

Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, Blurst of Times and 1 other person
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Reactions: Red Desert, Righttodie, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
I read this:
https://www.peacefulpillhandbook.com/may-update-to-feature-the-rebreather-debreather/
That would be May, June, July, and now August.
According to this post, it was unveiled in 2017.
Two years later, it is still not available.
That is not reassuring.

Thank you for the input. The link you posted explains that the device was unveiled in 2017 and has been undergoing research and development the last two years plus there were cost and availability delays the manufacturer had to deal with first which prevented its release a few months ago. Also there's a relevant obstacle that's been talked about before here on SS which may account for the delay in getting this to the public.

Allegedly the problem with committing suicide involving a mask (instead of a plastic hood) and inert gas (which ultimately is how the Debreather works I believe) is that as you lose consciousness your facial muscles relax and this breaks the seal of the mask, allowing air/oxygen to enter your mouth and nose.

At best, this will prolong the time it takes you to die. At worst, you may get just enough oxygen to survive the suicide attempt and wind up with brain damage and very likely spend the rest of your days as a vegetable.

How likely or realistic this possibility of losing a tight seal on the face is I don't know but that's the major issue I've seen raised here. Ultimately who knows why it's taken so long for the Debreather to get to the public? It's frustrating that such a potentially easy, painless and reliable means of suicide isn't available yet.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Red Desert
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
Thank you for the input. The link you posted explains that the device was unveiled in 2017 and has been undergoing research and development the last two years. There's a relevant obstacle that's been talked about before here on SS which may account for the delay in getting this to the public.

Allegedly the problem with committing suicide involving a mask (instead of a plastic hood) and inert gas (which ultimately is how the Debreather works I believe) is that as you lose consciousness your facial muscles relax and this breaks the seal of the mask, allowing air/oxygen to enter your mouth and nose.

At best, this will prolong the time it takes you to die. At worst, you may get just enough oxygen to survive the suicide attempt and wind up with brain damage and very likely spend the rest of your days as a vegetable.

How likely or realistic this possibility of losing a tight seal on the face is I don't know but that's the major issue I've seen raised here. Ultimately who knows why it's taken so long for the Debreather to get to the public?

Super glue?

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

May 9, 2019
I can kind of see that for the type of mask pictured with the debreather, it doesn't look like it's attached very securely to your head at all. But I can't see that for a proper scuba mask for example.

Also, is there actually a source for this claim other than it being repeated here in the forum over and over? It's really frustrating that people keep reposting it without specifying what kind of setup is being talked about and what the source of the claim is. It's kinda like with the "fact" that you can't get pure helium anymore, when that only applies to a subset of the helium sold specifically for inflating balloons, which nobody here recommends you buy anyway because you can't even fit a flow regulator to those tanks.

Sirius

Sirius

Student
Jul 10, 2019
I'm going to have to join EXIT again. Last communications I had with them I was still with FEN and using the helium tanks

Reactions: freaktech
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
I can kind of see that for the type of mask pictured with the debreather, it doesn't look like it's attached very securely to your head at all. But I can't see that for a proper scuba mask for example.

Also, is there actually a source for this claim other than it being repeated here in the forum over and over? It's really frustrating that people keep reposting it without specifying what kind of setup is being talked about and what the source of the claim is. It's kinda like with the "fact" that you can't get pure helium anymore, when that only applies to a subset of the helium sold specifically for inflating balloons, which nobody here recommends you buy anyway because you can't even fit a flow regulator to those tanks.

I myself don't have any other more authoritative source for the claim about the mask losing its seal around the face as unconsciousness sets in. Here on SS is the only place I've seen that assertion made before and as I noted I was simply repeating it.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: This technical article discusses the issue of the debreather mask losing its seal as the people wearing it lost consciousness:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/deathstudies2010344debreatherogden-pdf.12640/

Last edited:
Reactions: Hush Sweet Charlotte and dreamsofdestruction