Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
This country is going to shit uk. electric, gas, food, tobacco, weed is too high. People stuck with student loans can't get a decent job. The world feels like it's ending. No one will ever own a home. If I wasn't afraid of dying, I'd just go. I don't want to do anything anymore. I was teaching myself game dev to get out of my dead end life but now i just float around, so my life doesn't even matter anymore. I just exist. All I do is isolate myself at home and browse the internet or watch Youtube. I don't have the capability of connecting with people anymore. I'm just an empty shell of a person married to their bed. I legit have nothing I'm living for.

Right now I'm at a point where my life just feels pointless. I don't have any goals I want to reach, I just have goal of getting my everyday life done somehow. But I just can't find anything that makes time pass whilst being fun and interesting for me. I used to sit in front of my computer playing all day. But now I barely play at all and get bored. I'm not a social guy so I get pretty uncomfortable doing anything in front of people. I just can't think of things I could do in my freetime that could interest me or be fun. I usually repeat the same paterns everyday and I'm getting tired of my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, Forever Sleep, Deleted member 65988 and 8 others
ARC_Q

ARC_Q

Sep 29, 2023
I completely understand how you feel! Except maybe I wouldn't say I'm scared to die, just of the pain. Life has already been so full of pain.
Was all of it always so meaningless and empty?

Reactions: Darkover, cscott and WAITING TO DIE
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I guess most of us are weary of the pain of our existence, or we wouldn't be here. Maybe you would get more positive suggestions over on the Recovery section, rather than Suicide Discussion ?

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I completely understand how you feel! Except maybe I wouldn't say I'm scared to die, just of the pain. Life has already been so full of pain.
Was all of it always so meaningless and empty?
i'm not scared of death just how we go from being alive to dead i would want a peaceful death.
i used to enjoy life a lot learning how computers work and making games and playing games but ever since getting a brain injury in 2016 my life has been meaningless and empty

• Aww..
Reactions: SMmetalhead36, TheGoodGuy and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
This country is going to shit uk. electric, gas, food, tobacco, weed is too high. People stuck with student loans can't get a decent job. The world feels like it's ending. No one will ever own a home. If I wasn't afraid of dying, I'd just go. I don't want to do anything anymore. I was teaching myself game dev to get out of my dead end life but now i just float around, so my life doesn't even matter anymore. I just exist. All I do is isolate myself at home and browse the internet or watch Youtube. I don't have the capability of connecting with people anymore. I'm just an empty shell of a person married to their bed. I legit have nothing I'm living for.

Right now I'm at a point where my life just feels pointless. I don't have any goals I want to reach, I just have goal of getting my everyday life done somehow. But I just can't find anything that makes time pass whilst being fun and interesting for me. I used to sit in front of my computer playing all day. But now I barely play at all and get bored. I'm not a social guy so I get pretty uncomfortable doing anything in front of people. I just can't think of things I could do in my freetime that could interest me or be fun. I usually repeat the same paterns everyday and I'm getting tired of my life.
Tell me about it.
Im stuck in the UK too.
I'm constantly skint, and the vast majority of my money goes to pay rent for a shithole room in a shared house.
All of my savings have almost gone, and it's looking like I may be homeless in December.
I can't work anymore due to crippling depression and episodes of depersonalisation.
The dss have fucked up my disability claim, and I have absolutely no friends, or family to help me.
I just lie down all day and sleep, or stare into space.
I can't concentrate on anything anymore and lose track of time completely.
Today I thought it was Wednesday, but later realised its Saturday.
There is absolutely no point to this insanity.
It's never ending, just one problem on top of another.
Please, someone just kill me.
I've gone way beyond caring anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: cscott and Darkover
A

AllAlone

Oct 4, 2023
I'm in the same position you are. I am just a broken person and nothing will change that. What is the point of striving for a good job or trying to change my situation when I will still be me even if I achieve these things. As long as I am me, there is no point in living as I know I will never be happy.

• Hugs
Reactions: cscott, SMmetalhead36, Darkover and 1 other person
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
I'm in the same position you are. I am just a broken person and nothing will change that. What is the point of striving for a good job or trying to change my situation when I will still be me even if I achieve these things. As long as I am me, there is no point in living as I know I will never be happy.
This comment hit home for me.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Existing will always be so incredibly pointless to me, I could never understand those who worship this tedious and futile existence so much that leads to nothing but suffering and decay. In my case I will always see it as preferable to not exist, I see no value in existing as a conscious being who is burdened with the ability to suffer.

Reactions: Darkover
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Same here in the US. It just feels like everything (in the west) is about to collapse. America is circling the toilet right now. Crime, homelessness, home prices are out of control, retail is collapsing, and food and water shortages are being orchestrated. It feels like, ever since 2020, a coordinated collapse has been taking place. People seemed to have devolved somehow. I guess from all the lockdowns and restrictions. Everyone is buying guns and preparing for a "race war." The police departments have quiet quit across most of the country. Driving on the road is like watching a moving junkyard. It really looks like the prequel to a dystopian horror fantasy of some kind.

Yet, people still want to push hope and "maybe it'll get better" narratives. This life is over. Not just mine personally, but the macro.
Man, I'm done with trying to turn my life around. It seems like I'm ordained to suffer and go into permanent poverty and destitution. It seems like it's written in the stars that my life sucks. To try and change this for the better is to go against the will of some cosmic asshole who has it in for me. It seems like I'm just cursed. So, that's why I'm ending it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65988

Down here in South Africa, it's pretty terrible too and not to mention that I'm currently gearing up for write exams but it all just feels absolutely worthless with the level of how bad things are and will get in future thanks to the utterly ridiculous incompetence that drove this place to what it is right now. For whats its worth, I'm absolutely happy to have SN and the meds needed to make it more doable because I don't see any reason to be convinced the way things are currently going, things will somehow turn ok enough for me to think otherwise, I finally get to choose when I've had enough of all of this and I'm damn close.

Then to think, you are supposed to get a job which will never be enough to keep your afloat in order to survive and yet criminals run around, doing as they please and the rich laugh from on high and never shut up about how life is wonderful as they look down on those they believe
beneath them.

N

nood11

Jul 14, 2023
I wake up everyday wishing I didn't. Life feels like pointless drudgery. It's so hard to work up the courage to actually kill myself though. So that leaves me here going through the motions.

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingsoon99 and Darkover
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
I feel the same way, but not for the same reasons. Life is pointless to me because all of your knowledge, memories, etc will be removed on death. Why bother doing anything if they'll all go awat? All your relationships will be gone. In my opinion, life is eternal and death is temporary because consciousness is the only thing a living being can know. Your self will disappear and a new 'you' will form from that consciousness. What form it takes, I don't know. Life can give good distractions, but in the end they remain distractions. 'You' will have nothing to do with the current you. Death takes all. Repeat ad infinitum.