• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Jumping was my third method of choice after N and SN were eliminated. So I did a lot of reading on it.

Evelyn McHale was 23 years old when she jumped from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building in New York in 1947. A college student took a photo of her dead body on top of a crushed car. Media called it "the most beautiful suicide ever."

Evelyn

Kevin Hines was 19 when he jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge into the ocean in San Francisco in September 2000. That's a 220 foot plunge. But he survived. There's this story that a sea lion kept him afloat until rescuers got there. But I think it's a BS story because 1) he's a millionaire "anti-suicide" attention w*o*e today and 2) he could have released pictures of the sea lion he allegedly has, but chose not to release them. Why not since you crave attention today?

The Evelyn McHale suicide made me think I could jump and my body wouldn't splatter everywhere, so that was my plan. But the only places I could jump would have been into water. If you can survive 220 feet, I don't even want to try that. Reports are that Hines broke his back, dislocated his elbows upon impact, and survived a one in a million jump because his spinal cord was like a millimeter from being cut by the broken vertebra.

Moral of the story: I only wanted to jump if i could land on hard surface and without an audience. I didn't and don't have access to that, and I'd probably be too scared to do it anyway. And I don't want to survive a water jump. So I changed methods.

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Jumping was my third method of choice after N and SN were eliminated. So I did a lot of reading on it.

Evelyn McHale was 23 years old when she jumped from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building in New York in 1947. A college student took a photo of her dead body on top of a crushed car. Media called it "the most beautiful suicide ever."

View attachment 130966

Kevin Hines was 19 when he jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge into the ocean in San Francisco in September 2000. That's a 220 foot plunge. But he survived. There's this story that a sea lion kept him afloat until rescuers got there. But I think it's a BS story because 1) he's a millionaire "anti-suicide" attention w*o*e today and 2) he could have released pictures of the sea lion he allegedly has, but chose not to release them. Why not since you crave attention today?

The Evelyn McHale suicide made me think I could jump and my body wouldn't splatter everywhere, so that was my plan. But the only places I could jump would have been into water. If you can survive 220 feet, I don't even want to try that. Reports are that Hines broke his back, dislocated his elbows upon impact, and survived a one in a million jump because his spinal cord was like a millimeter from being cut by the broken vertebra.

Moral of the story: I only wanted to jump if i could land on hard surface and without an audience. I didn't and don't have access to that, and I'd probably be too scared to do it anyway. And I don't want to survive a water jump. So I changed methods.
Are you sure it's 220 feet and not 220 meters? I think it's actually something like 740 feet.

Reactions: sserafim
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Are you sure it's 220 feet and not 220 meters? I think it's actually something like 740 feet.

This is the United States. 90% of people don't know what a meter is, or anything in the metric system. It is 220 feet for sure.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
This is the United States. 90% of people don't know what a meter is, or anything in the metric system. It is 220 feet for sure.

Oh sorry when I looked it up it referenced height from water till the end of towers not the road

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023

They should probably take the time to learn. NASA and the US military use the metric system… 🤷‍♂️

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

Is the new river gorge bridge better for this purpose? It's like 800 feet

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
They should probably take the time to learn. NASA and the US military use the metric system… 🤷‍♂️

I was an English teacher for junior high before CTB. The U.S. uses customary units, not metric. You absolutely need to know customary units in our country. But I always translated it in the footnotes to metric in my students' assignments so they could be prepared to work in Europe, Africa, Asia, etc.

Is the new river gorge bridge better for this purpose? It's like 800 feet

I saw that one person in history survived an 800+ foot plunge into water. If it's really 800 feet, you will die in water. And if you don't, then go buy a lottery ticket too.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I was an English teacher for junior high before CTB. The U.S. uses customary units, not metric. You absolutely need to know customary units in our country. But I always translated it in the footnotes to metric in my students' assignments so they could be prepared to work in Europe, Africa, Asia, etc.

I saw that one person in history survived an 800+ foot plunge into water. If it's really 800 feet, you will die in water. And if you don't, then go buy a lottery ticket too.
yeah i dont get why so many went to golden gate when new river gorge is available

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023

Was that American English or actual English? :wink: (ducks and runs for cover...)

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023
The American jokes don't bother me. We deserve them. One of my favorites:

Q: What do you call someone who only speaks one language?
A: An American.

Don't worry, you'll all be speaking either Spanish or Chinese soon. :blarg:

I didn't mean any malice towards Americans btw. Aside from some elements within your government, I quite like most Americans. As they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I feel similar. I've always wanted to do jumping but I've come to the realization it's not a very reliable method in my case. I don't want to risk surviving at all.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
If Kevin Hines was saved by a sea lion he won't release photos of, I bet he landed on the sea lion and it broke his fall. And his fall broke the sea lion.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023
I feel similar. I've always wanted to do jumping but I've come to the realization it's not a very reliable method in my case. I don't want to risk surviving at all.

There are ways to make it a guaranteed instant death. Falling from something like a para glider or hang glider would be effective even into water if you got up high enough. It's easy to get up much higher than the GG bridge in a glider, and that is almost always fatal. If you double or triple the height, nobody is putting humpty dumpty back together again!