• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ihopethesnowsticks

ihopethesnowsticks

:>
Mar 7, 2023
hope ur doing okay,

had a good moment today writing some music for the first time in weeks - it felt really good to be creative and made feel better for a while.

i've been feeling pretty crap after not feeling like that anymore. how do u guys hold on to those feelings?

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Savoring a memory can give a boost, remind you of what is possible, or help restore perspective. However, trying to use if to live in may be asking too much.

What may be more lasting is to identify the patterns of thoughts and actions that led up to the previous moment and see if you can duplicate them.

Reactions: katagiri83
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
If it's depression, that will often come and go as well. Good thought by timf - maybe there was something during the day that improved your mood without you realizing.

My goad to have a good day is to try doing one thing in the morning that feels like a small accomplishment. A task I'd put off or something like that.

Remeer

Remeer

-
Mar 8, 2023
I don't cling to feelings, I just feel them and let them go, if you feel something feel it, express it, you will realize that feeling changes over time
the most important thing here is that you have the gift of writing music, use those feelings to create music, it could be a great opportunity to express yourself
greetings