P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
I did O2 test in EB with oxymeter, the Bag did not inflate fully, as it did when I tested it previously on my head(1stage position over the forehead) and the readings was around 0.6-0.5 at best, hope it is still low enough to be doable. I do not have much of will power left for this. Every test is an anxiety dissociation trigger for me as I am scared I will hurt myself pre-maturely and wont be able to do anything.

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
I did O2 test in EB with oxymeter, the Bag did not inflate fully, as it did when I tested it previously on my head(1stage position over the forehead) and the readings was around 0.6-0.5 at best, hope it is still low enough to be doable. I do not have much of will power left for this. Every test is an anxiety dissociation trigger for me as I am scared I will hurt myself pre-maturely and wont be able to do anything.
Hi there. You mailed me about the availability of escape hoods, did you find one?
The bag will have a higher oxygen reading on a polystyrene dummy head as O2 leaks in via the bottom at the neck.
.6 oxygen is good ! The gas itself is good at 99.5 (or thereabouts).
You wont hurt yourself regards the testing as you will know by the symptoms whether you are on the way down.

P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
The bag will have a higher oxygen reading on a polystyrene dummy head as O2 leaks in via the bottom at the neck.
.6 oxygen is good ! The gas itself is good at 99.5 (or thereabouts).
You wont hurt yourself regards the testing as you will know by the symptoms whether you are on the way down.
thank you for a reply and explanation. It helps.

Hi there. You mailed me about the availability of escape hoods, did you find one?
I checked what I could find, but not sure if alli chine shop it is ok and which of them it is the right one. And not sure what else should I modify to accommodate it correctly to my existing set up. But from manuals it is probably only some additional hose and connection and sealing all that, which is tricky probably. For that reason I gave up on SCUBA and such since it was too much and availability in my part of the world was poor.

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
thank you for a reply and explanation. It helps.

I checked what I could find, but not sure if alli chine shop it is ok and which of them it is the right one. And not sure what else should I modify to accommodate it correctly to my existing set up. But from manuals it is probably only some additional hose and connection and sealing all that, which is tricky probably. For that reason I gave up on SCUBA and such since it was too much and availability in my part of the world was poor.
SCUBA is expensive, EEBD hood is cheap & is not tricky, it is your choice however & many many people do it with a plastic bag. Your in the Ukraine or Poland? You can get what you need if you change your mind. Good luck mate.

P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
SCUBA is expensive, EEBD hood is cheap & is not tricky, it is your choice however & many many people do it with a plastic bag. Your in the Ukraine or Poland? You can get what you need if you change your mind. Good luck mate.
yes, that central part of the Europe. If we can PM about EEBD, I would appreciate it, if not I understand that too, since you did not react on the msg.