• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I take medication against anxieties and depression and I could eat 24/7. Currently, my BMI is at almost 26 and I hate it. I hate my body like that. And the scary thing is, it seems I keep gaining more and more. I was never overweight and I don't want to become! But with these meds it seems impossible.
Anyone else struggles with that?

EternalDreams

EternalDreams

dreaming
Sep 19, 2019
I feel your struggles, while I'm not currently taking medication my unhealthy coping mechanism is eating and I've struggled with being overweight most of my life. It made me feel very insecure about myself and it's horrible. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Hugs

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I feel your struggles, while I'm not currently taking medication my unhealthy coping mechanism is eating and I've struggled with being overweight most of my life. It made me feel very insecure about myself and it's horrible. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Hugs
I m sorry you struggle with it too šŸ˜„. For me it is a coping mechanism as well I was bulimic when I was younger, though.
How do you deal with these daily eating attacks? Do you still try to control yourself?
Hug back.
P. S. I m honestly thinkig of taking laxatives or appetite surpressants

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalDreams
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Funnily enough, I was just musing on how much I hate myself for constantly eating. Earlier this year I went through a period of not being hungry. Now I seem to be hungry all the time and all my clothes are at their limit. I think that bothers me more than my actual weight lol

Last edited:
INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
Trust me I know how you feel.
During 9 months of Covid Lockdown in 2020, I gained 24 kilos! Not great for someone who's struggled with body dysmorphia.
I managed to lose it all the following year, but it has been a pattern all my adult life. I have a depressive season (not episodes, nor days, it's at least a full season) where I seemingly become solely dependent on food for all my dopamine.
Then eventually after things have gone too far, I get motivated to become fit again and shake up my life.
I over-diet and exercise to have close to single digit body fat percent. Done this cycle at least half a dozen times in the last 10 years.

EternalDreams

EternalDreams

dreaming
Sep 19, 2019
I m sorry you struggle with it too šŸ˜„. For me it is a coping mechanism as well I was bulimic when I was younger, though.
How do you deal with these daily eating attacks? Do you still try to control yourself?
Hug back.
P. S. I m honestly thinkig of taking laxatives or appetite surpressants
Right now I feel like I've gotten better control of it, I generally take appetite suppressants such as caffeine and nicotine to take off the urges. I still try to control myself from time to time but during depressive episodes it's really hard to control and it's never easy. It sucks :(

• Aww..
Reactions: Meteora
skybox

skybox

Have you ever been jealous of birds?
Mar 6, 2024
Been overweight since I was a kid, I have binge eating disorder (no purging) and food is my unhealthy coping mechanism. I tried getting medicated for it with Vyvanse but it didn't do jack shit. Same with the Wellbutrin I'm on. I hate my body and still see it at my highest weight even though I've lost since then (only to gain half back last year) it's an endless roller coaster of suffering

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I took venlafaxine and it made me HUGE. Also gave me a ton of other problems. Stopped taking it so I could actually function again and worked for over a year to lose 50lbs. Unfortunately, I'm still an emotional eater and I drink a lot which makes me want to eat even more. I have to workout a lot and I carefully track my calories to stay as healthy as I can (I'm also getting old so I it's even more important I watch my weight).

So yeah, I feel ya!

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Funnily enough, I was just musing on how much I hate myself for constantly eating. Earlier this year I went through a period of not being hungry. Now I seem to be hungry all the time and all my clothes are at their limit. I think that bothers me more than my actual weight lol
Yeah! I hate the thing with the clothes, too! All jeans are to tight....

@INTJme it is great that you lost so much, though! That's very strong. But it is a hamster wheel, vicious circle, I know.

Right now I feel like I've gotten better control of it, I generally take appetite suppressants such as caffeine and nicotine to take off the urges. I still try to control myself from time to time but during depressive episodes it's really hard to control and it's never easy. It sucks :(
Ok, I smoke, too and drink coffee. You get so tired of controling the impuls to eat. I cant anymore, did it for years.

Why do I even bother? I could just eat as much as I want, I m anyway gonna ctb. I was thinking that hanging would become difficult with a lot of overweight, though.
@Forveleth Venlafaxin made you gain weight??? I take that, too....

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
What experiences did you make with laxatives and appetite surpressants? Any recommandation?

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
What experiences did you make with laxatives and appetite surpressants? Any recommandation?

I used to know someone who has anorexia. She used a lot of laxatives and it got to the point where she became incontinent as a result. Even basic activities like walking upstairs could trigger an involuntary bowel movement.

I get mild IBS symptoms so have been in that position myself as a result of bad diet choices and there's an extra humiliation that comes with scrubbing your trousers and underwear after crapping yourself as an adult.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
@Ash oh... that sounds not healthy.... but she must have exaggerated it, didn't she? What is IBS?

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
She became dependent on them to purge, but started off with good intentions.

IBS is irritable bowel syndrome.