• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I would just like to share something that has been very useful for me in certain situations, with the hope that it may help someone else. The specific product is Loop earplugs (I use Experience Plus). There may be other similar products but this is what I am familiar with. They are great because they will keep sound frequencies balanced so you can still hear speech clearly while taking the edge off of noisy environments. I wish I had them a couple years ago for a wedding reception and a sporting event which completely fried my brain from noise after a couple hours. With these earplugs I've been able to attend a couple concerts (always use hearing protection) without becoming overstimulated. They are actually comfortable and somewhat stylish too. I know there are plenty of people here who struggle with noise sensitivity, so maybe give this a shot.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
These would be useful for me. Thanks for informing me of these, if I ever happen to recover and consider trying to live (I doubt that, though) I'll probably buy these.

cheese.out

cheese.out

Why am I still here
Jul 25, 2023
Thank you so much for sharing. Sometimes I use my overear headphones with noise cancelling but without the music just to hear less when Im going to work but I may try these.

• Love
Reactions: NumbItAll
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
Thanks for sharing. I would have loved to have known them when I was younger, because of being surrounded by noisy assholes, my audition has declined so I no longer have this sensitivity... In a society of noise, calm and silence worth gold !

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
ive been debating whether i should get a pair of loops for a while now, i wear overear headphones 24/7 bc im rly sensitive to noise bc of autism but sometimes they hurt my head. i think i might get some the next time i can afford them, you mentioning them definitely reassured me about them. thank you <3

• Love
M

marshmallowfluff

Jan 23, 2023
I love my loop earplugs. They make going to busy places a lot easier

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

In great pain. Suicide in progress (hopefully).
May 28, 2023
As a misophonia sufferer, I really appreciate this thread and the information you provide. Unfortunately, I already own a pair of earmuffs - specifically the Peltor Optime III model, which are supposed to work in extremely noisy environments - but somehow the sounds around me are so loud that even these headphones cannot isolate them. 😭

• Aww..
D

dead_milky

Sep 9, 2023
oh that's cool. I plan on ordering headphones/ear mufflers soon. I can listen to loud music, but I can't stand random sounds that are out of my control.
As a misophonia sufferer, I really appreciate this thread and the information you provide. Unfortunately, I already own a pair of earmuffs - specifically the Peltor Optime III model, which are supposed to work in extremely noisy environments - but somehow the sounds around me are so loud that even these headphones cannot isolate them. 😭
ah yes, they usually lower the decibels instead of completely cancelling out the sounds. Same with shooting range mufflers, if you know what I mean?

Reactions: rosenwasser
rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
omg i need this in my life
Loop can take my money.
I have noise-cancelling headphones from Sony (my life saver, quite literally) but those are overear so it's not really appropriate to wear them to anything social.

• Love
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
Ooooo thank you. I suffer from severe anxiety and loud noises can set it off or being in a loud environment. These could help a lot.