R

Remember-Me-Not

I think I'm going to be okay.
Dec 10, 2019
Haha, today I had some energy, so I "cleaned my room."

One of the things I am most ashamed of is my dirty room.

Whenever I come out of my room, I have to sneak out so other people can't sneak a peek. Because then they could see how dirty it is.

I finally cleaned...

... the field of view from my room's front door.

My mess is usually just random items of clutter. Sometimes trash. But whatever I needed to sort through or have to properly assess before taking care of... I just shoved it behind furnitures so it's just out of sight. If someone were to take more than two steps into my room, the illusion of cleaniness will be destroyed.

If this isn't a perfect metaphor for my depression, I don't know what is xD

But I still think it's progress??? I'm tired now, but I'll get around to it eventually. Just wanted to share, hope everyone is having atleast an okay day.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: lofticries, waitingforrest, Kattt and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really do not like cleaning, it is one of the most tedious parts of life. I understand how you feel, it does take a lot of energy and it is very tiring.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Bot and Remember-Me-Not
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
I always clean my room spotless and then let it fall apart over the course of a year until my parents get mad at me.

Reactions: Bot and Remember-Me-Not
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Haha, today I had some energy, so I "cleaned my room."

One of the things I am most ashamed of is my dirty room.

Whenever I come out of my room, I have to sneak out so other people can't sneak a peek. Because then they could see how dirty it is.

I finally cleaned...

... the field of view from my room's front door.

My mess is usually just random items of clutter. Sometimes trash. But whatever I needed to sort through or have to properly assess before taking care of... I just shoved it behind furnitures so it's just out of sight. If someone were to take more than two steps into my room, the illusion of cleaniness will be destroyed.

If this isn't a perfect metaphor for my depression, I don't know what is xD

But I still think it's progress??? I'm tired now, but I'll get around to it eventually. Just wanted to share, hope everyone is having atleast an okay day.
cleaning is the worst,hence I have a tiny flat where everything must have a function (so get's cleaned as it's used). I had to hoover because I dropped a lump of meth on the carpet and it was disgusting down there and messing with my head. Shame!!! I am ashamed.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I strongly dislike cleaning (depending on what I'm cleaning lmfao). I lack motivation for it and get tired in about 5mins however. When I was younger I use to divide my room into 4 sections and clean one at a time. Or have a list like dirty clothes, desk, dresser, closet, ect.
I get the hiding things to, never go under the bed, in the closet or behind furniture XD

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest