disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Physically unable to take care of one. Also I live with my family and they don't allow any pets.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Jumper Geo, voyager, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Physically unable to take care of one. Also I live with my family and they don't allow any pets.

Man, that must suck really hard. I'm sorry

I mean, i imagine you did this already, but have you tried to talk about it more with your family? If it's something that could make you happy, which is important for anyone that comes to a suicide forum, maybe they'd be more open, and would even help you take care of it so the physical aspect isn't so bad. Of course that depends on how much they know about your mental health situation and stuff.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, not-2-b-the-answer, Lostandfound7 and 2 others
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Why don't you adopt one? If it's something you've always wanted, finally having one could perhaps make you much happier.

I concur with this. Or if you can't own a dog for obvious reasons, or you're just not allowed pets in your place - volunteer at a rehoming place, just take their dogs out for walks and a skylark. I did it for a few years and it's massively rewarding as well as good for the soul. Had to give it up eventually as I was getting angry with people bringing dogs back for the most stupid reasons, I'd have ended up in jail eventually if I'd stayed.

Just stay away from the people and you'd love it.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, HorribleFeelings1, disabledandhopeless and 1 other person
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Man, that must suck really hard. I'm sorry

I mean, i imagine you did this already, but have you tried to talk about it more with your family? If it's something that could make you happy, which is important for anyone that comes to a suicide forum, maybe they'd be more open, and would even help you take care of it so the physical aspect isn't so bad. Of course that depends on how much they know about your mental health situation and stuff.

They won't even take care of me... so why would they take care of my dog? My family is toxic.
I concur with this. Or if you can't own a dog for obvious reasons, or you're just not allowed pets in your place - volunteer at a rehoming place, just take their dogs out for walks and a skylark. I did it for a few years and it's massively rewarding as well as good for the soul. Had to give it up eventually as I was getting angry with people bringing dogs back for the most stupid reasons, I'd have ended up in jail eventually if I'd stayed.

Just stay away from the people and you'd love it.

I can't. I wish I could. I'm basically confined to my own bed 24/7 due to my disabilities.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo, voyager, Deleted member 1465 and 2 others
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
They won't even take care of me... so why would they take care of my dog? My family is toxic.

I see, my suggestion could work if your family was more loving and caring, but with a situation like that it ruins it.
It's a shame, i'm sorry, my friend, it must be tough.

• Aww..
Reactions: voyager, Lostandfound7 and disabledandhopeless
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
I see, my suggestion could work if your family was more loving and caring, but with a situation like that it ruins it.
It's a shame, i'm sorry, my friend, it must be tough.
That's why we are on this forum. We are all in tough situations :aw:

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo, voyager, HorribleFeelings1 and 1 other person
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020

I can't. I wish I could. I'm basically confined to my own bed 24/7 due to my disabilities.
Aww Geez, that's heartbreaking. Do you have any friends or something that could bring one along for you? Or is it a definite no-no with your parents? I always feel a calmness whenever I'm around Dogs, like I'm more comfortable with them than humans.

I'm the opposite with Cats, we have an understanding that we don't like each other and stay well apart. Horses love me though, yet Ducks seem to attack me on sight and Squirrels will literally run up my leg. Very odd, I have a Dr. Doolittle effect on some creatures, where others seem to want to murder me. No rhyme or reason to which does what either. Unless Dogs only speak Horse and Squirrel, and Cats happily chat away with Ducks.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, Lostandfound7, HorribleFeelings1 and 2 others
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I chose mine because sobble is my spirit pokemon. He's shy and timid with anxiety. Basically me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo, Superdeterminist, _Minsk and 7 others
kyle

kyle

Sleeping away all my problems
May 3, 2020
Nothing personal, I just watched The Lion King a lot when I was a little kid. Timon was always my favorite.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, not-2-b-the-answer, TheGoodGuy and 3 others
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Aww Geez, that's heartbreaking. Do you have any friends or something that could bring one along for you? Or is it a definite no-no with your parents? I always feel a calmness whenever I'm around Dogs, like I'm more comfortable with them than humans.

I'm the opposite with Cats, we have an understanding that we don't like each other and stay well apart. Horses love me though, yet Ducks seem to attack me on sight and Squirrels will literally run up my leg. Very odd, I have a Dr. Doolittle effect on some creatures, where others seem to want to murder me. No rhyme or reason to which does what either. Unless Dogs only speak Horse and Squirrel, and Cats happily chat away with Ducks.
No.. Family will not allow it. I don't have friends. As you know most people tend to leave easily during difficult times. Then I isolate myself. I watch dog videos to give myself a little happiness. Some imagination helps. But thank you all for the suggestions. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, enjolras, HorribleFeelings1 and 3 others
kyle

kyle

Sleeping away all my problems
May 3, 2020
No.. Family will not allow it. I don't have friends. As you know most people tend to leave easily during difficult times. Then I isolate myself. I watch dog videos to give myself a little happiness. Some imagination helps. But thank you all for the suggestions. :heart:
You're an adult and you can make your own decisions. Get a dog if you want, or I can send you pictures of mine. I got two great danes and a coonhound.

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and disabledandhopeless
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
You're an adult and you can make your own decisions. Get a dog if you want, or I can send you pictures of mine. I got two great danes and a coonhound.
I can't.. and I have already explained why I couldn't in my previous replies :aw:

• Hugs
Reactions: HorribleFeelings1, maru. and kyle
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020

Watch Hope for Paws YouTube channel if you don't already, they have some really heart warming rescues that'll put a smile on your face. A word of advice though, don't click on the one with a little dog (think it's a Jack Russell) that's stranded in a flood runoff tunnel thing - I'm not sure what they're called but there's a lot of them in L.A - that one still haunts me. The rest are fine to my knowledge. I can't even watch some on YouTube on other channels especially the Romanian and Greek ones, cuts me up how cruel people can be.

• Love
Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and disabledandhopeless
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Watch Hope for Paws YouTube channel if you don't already, they have some really heart warming rescues that'll put a smile on your face. A word of advice though, don't click on the one with a little dog (think it's a Jack Russell) that's stranded in a flood runoff tunnel thing - I'm not sure what they're called but there's a lot of them in L.A - that one still haunts me. The rest are fine to my knowledge. I can't even watch some on YouTube on other channels especially the Romanian and Greek ones, cuts me up how cruel people can be.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll go check that out :)

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1
Tristan Reeveur

Tristan Reeveur

Aug 29, 2019
Yeah))))

Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
Such an interesting question, lil Bro♡

Well, pink is my absolute fave color n that pic represents how I was feeling when I joined SS. I love the dichotomy of how bright, pretty the coloring is, and her deep sorrow..Also, I cry hidden. I imagine she's in the bed, with her back to her mate, secretly crying...

I actually wanted to get it tatted but my husband said not to do it cuz it only represents my "temporary mood". I also had it as my pfp for my whatsapp n my mom immediately called me n told me that it's "ugly" n she "hates" it, that I should put back a pic of myself cuz I'm "prettier".

They mean well. Lol.

(AND as a makeup artist/beauty guru, her lashes, lips, nails r gorgeous)♡

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo, not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1 and 2 others
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Mine is the inside cover of an Ani Difranco album. I could have chosen the front cover just as well.

I'm moved by the imagery of shooting for peace, instead of going on a crusade with weaponery. I'm generally touched by the historical figures who have opposed, stood up for freedom, rights, or to defended causes, having forgotten themselves in self-denial by sacrificing their person.

Last edited:
Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and GoBack
Icarus

Icarus

Jul 25, 2019
Mine is Icarus. Now I totally understand the meaning of that story.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1, enjolras and 2 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Mine is too explicit. Nothing left to say.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, HorribleFeelings1 and Yomyom
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
Mine is Charles Baudelaire, 19th century French poet. Check him out.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
After spending 50K on plastic surgery they told me I looked really young for my age, so I used my own face as an avatar, :smiling: you couldn't imagine the looks I got when I left the hospital, everyone kept smiling at me , why, still baffled to this day,:smiling:.

The psychiatrist told me I had depression, but I am a happy person and rarely feel down I just have no energy to do anything so this represents my mood but I'm confused as I thought if I had depression I would feel down, I don't talk to people now and i never used to shut up before.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1 and Lostandfound7
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
After spending 50K on plastic surgery they told me I looked really young for my age, so I used my own face as an avatar, :smiling: you couldn't imagine the looks I got when I left the hospital, everyone kept smiling at me , why, still baffled to this day,:smiling:.
This gave me a HELLA good laugh!! :pfff:

I just wanna know who ur dermatologist is! Ur skin just looks so bright:haha:

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 1465, enjolras and 2 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020

The psychiatrist told me I had depression, but I am a happy person and rarely feel down I just have no energy to do anything so this represents my mood but I'm confused as I thought if I had depression I would feel down, I don't talk to people now and i never used to shut up before.

Cheers

Geo

This probably obvious but if you've no energy maybe it's diet, , blood sugar, or something. I used to be wrecked all the time till I went healthy diet.
They're too quick these days to call in the psychiatrist when it's something physicaly wrong

Reactions: enjolras, HorribleFeelings1 and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
This gave me a HELLA good laugh!! :pfff:

I just wanna know who ur dermatologist is! Ur skin just looks so bright:haha:

He's gone off grid now, I think he's in hiding don't know why, maybe a few patients weren't happy with his work, lol.
This probably obvious but if you've no energy maybe it's diet, , blood sugar, or something. I used to be wrecked all the time till I went healthy diet.
They're too quick these days to call in the psychiatrist when it's something physicaly wrong

Thanks but it was being on Risperidon after 6 months I had terrible side effects I have been of all meds for over year now and it's like it switched something off in my brain and ruined my life, lost my job don't want to go out

Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Lostandfound7
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
He's gone off grid now, I think he's in hiding don't know why, maybe a few patients weren't happy with his work, lol.
Smh! Ppl r so hard to please :haha:

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1 and Jumper Geo
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020

Thanks but it was being on Risperidon after 6 months I had terrible side effects I have been of all meds for over year now and it's like it switched something off in my brain and ruined my life, lost my job don't want to go out

Cheers

Geo

Oh ok sorry, yeah same here. Lyrica / pregabalin did same to me. Switched off something too. Lost job, home friends, don't go out anymore. Can't eat at all anymore nevermind healthy

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1 and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Oh ok sorry, yeah same here. Lyrica / pregabalin did same to me. Switched off something too. Lost job, home friends, don't go out anymore. Can't eat at all anymore nevermind healthy

Sorry it's really fucked up, if they had guidelines in place dangerous drugs should only be given for a 3 month period to see if you have recovered before giving a repeat prescription I never used drugs before so was unaware of any such side effects and I came off them myself, the psychiatrist would have had me on it for life. They are in denial of the side effects telling me some people get them and some people don't, didn't mention anything about side effects let a lone if you do get some it could ruin your life.

Cheers

Geo

• Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and GoBack
sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
you're not going to believe this but....

i kinda like zedd's music. i know, revolutionary.

Was wondering who that was! Couldn't figure it out. Thought maybe it was from a show like Euphoria; but Zedd is amazing! His music definitely brings back some good memories. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
Sorry it's really fucked up, if they had guidelines in place dangerous drugs should only be given for a 3 month period to see if you have recovered before giving a repeat prescription I never used drugs before so was unaware of any such side effects and I came off them myself, the psychiatrist would have had me on it for life. They are in denial of the side effects telling me some people get them and some people don't, didn't mention anything about side effects let a lone if you do get some it could ruin your life.

Cheers

Geo

I know they're worse than any drug dealer I know. I was given that by a normal doc, just cause it was popular at the time I think. But they already knew how dangerous it was, especially for anyone with a history of trauma or addiction which she knew I had. Gave me it for two years. I was clueless what it was doing to me

Then when I started getting sick she passed me off to the psychs who kept throwing different pills at me and making it worse. All this after I spent years dealing with addictions and coming out the other side on my own and making a life for myself. Idiots should be locked up for a year and put on all the shittiest meds there are, see who's so clever then

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Jumper Geo