• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
I was wondering how anyone else here feels out in the world, out in public? Do you feel welcome and/or friendly vibes out there? Or does the outside world seem angry and unwelcoming? Does this play a part in wanting to ctb?

Maybe it's because the older I get the more vulnerable I get, or feeling weaker the older I get. But more and more I just want to stay home, away from so many stressed out, rushing around, angry people. I live *somewhere* in the Bay Area, CA, and it is rush, rush rush! here, people are stressed out and pissed off, outrageous bad traffic, outrageous rents and house prices. So many tech companies where possibly some (or a lot?) are very unhappy in their jobs? I feel like I soak up peoples' vibes like a sponge. I also stand out too much being so tall and wearing a hat, hate the unwanted attention. I would love to be invisible. So any more, more and more it feels like home, my one room studio apartment, is such a sanctuary, even if I end up lonely so often. It feels like a choice of either isolation, or being out amongst a very stressed out, unwelcome vibe.

How does anyone else feel about the outside world out there beyond the walls of wherever you live? Does it feel like a welcoming place or an unwelcoming place to stay out of?

nothingleft

nothingleft

Sep 1, 2019
It's welcoming when I have friends at my side. When I visited a friend who lives in a different country I felt like a normal, happy person most of the time. So different to how I feel now, alone and too anxious and tired to leave the house.

Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
Honestly, the outside world feels angry and unwelcoming. It seems like the more we supposedly progress is the more we regress as human beings lacking any humanity towards one another. Unfortunately, I came to a realization that the older I get is the more fragile my heart is becoming so I wonder how can I survive in this terrible and hard world, which is becoming more so every moment. As you, I soak up people's energy and always have. I can feel a shift very easily and hate that other people's emotions can mess up mine. I would say it is part of the reason but not all.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'd rather not be seen at all but how much of that is my problem? I'm always defending the world on here because I don't want to be part of the problem but I must admit I don't like it very much I just don't know how to change it. I'm much better off at my girlfriends who lives in a small quiet place. That said it's harder to blend in because there's so few people but I don't really know anyone and I'd rather it stayed that way. Nothing personal I just need peace not more problems. Being outside is good for us it's just the social aspect. Not sure what's more threatening the jungle or the urban jungle. At least the first there's only one thing to worry about, the latter there's a ton even if it largely exists in my head

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
at the moment I tend to leave my front door once every 3 days just to et some supplies and make that as quick as possible. Somewhat shunned now all invites to doing anything social with friends or acquaintances

ralphnol

ralphnol

Aug 25, 2019
Definitely unwelcoming for the most part. That happy place I met in my childhood (most of the time) is now a desolated wasteland. Sometimes when the stars are right you have the odd feeling that "its okay", but other than that, nah.

cherub

cherub

Fvcking Loser
Jan 27, 2019
Unfriendly through and through. I can't help but find fault and see discrepancies in everything, and this only facilitates my feelings mistrust and suspicion. I don't know if this is an inate part of who I am/personality or a maladaptive trait I've developed from bad experiences, but it definitely causes my mind to frame the world as a threatening, and unfriendly place.

Last edited:
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Well it depends on the region of the world and any cultures definiton or meaning behind 'friendly'. If we're talking more for concrete bean answers then I say neither the world is more of a sick nuclear chaotic carbon based GRAY area of 3rd dimensional folds that we call reality.
The society that I came from the angolo american west is mostly a trad mormon con of a sort and they put on this artificial drug induced friendly persona that i do thoroughly enjoy slipping in small doses of redpills into just to see their existential dread that I went through, its very entertaining to see them cut themselves and become shadows of their former selves like I became. I do enjoy hurting the false egos of others and watching them whirl in pure dread as their reality crumbles before them, they cant go back.
I feel amazing doing this and I highly recommend it to my fellow humans of whom feel the need to ctb, its quite the effective recovery without breaking any laws or physically hurting somebody.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I don't leave my apartment unless I have a doctors appointment. I get everything delivered.

I hate humans and want nothing to do with them.

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
There's good people and bad people, I deal with the public and it's not easy one bit. I'd say it's neutral but leaning towards an unfriendly environment
Peace hugs

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Barf

Barf

Sep 11, 2019
I was wondering how anyone else here feels out in the world, out in public? Do you feel welcome and/or friendly vibes out there? Or does the outside world seem angry and unwelcoming? Does this play a part in wanting to ctb?

Maybe it's because the older I get the more vulnerable I get, or feeling weaker the older I get. But more and more I just want to stay home, away from so many stressed out, rushing around, angry people. I live *somewhere* in the Bay Area, CA, and it is rush, rush rush! here, people are stressed out and pissed off, outrageous bad traffic, outrageous rents and house prices. So many tech companies where possibly some (or a lot?) are very unhappy in their jobs? I feel like I soak up peoples' vibes like a sponge. I also stand out too much being so tall and wearing a hat, hate the unwanted attention. I would love to be invisible. So any more, more and more it feels like home, my one room studio apartment, is such a sanctuary, even if I end up lonely so often. It feels like a choice of either isolation, or being out amongst a very stressed out, unwelcome vibe.

How does anyone else feel about the outside world out there beyond the walls of wherever you live? Does it feel like a welcoming place or an unwelcoming place to stay out of?

I also live in a metropolitan area (Seattle) and I feel very much the same way. The outside world seems so harsh, it seems like the system is designed to take advantage of you. Cost of living so high, wages so mediocre, everyone scrambling constantly to stay afloat, carelessly stepping on others along the way.

I hate walking down the street and seeing people in crisis actively suffer. We've got a huge problem here with the opioid stuff, lots of OD deaths, homelessness, etc. and the general public reacts to these folks with so much vitriol. I can't help but think it's reflective of humanity as a whole to see how this city treats the least of it's citizens. People are so cruel, I think it's just in our nature.

Idk, but seeing people dying in anguish makes me want to die myself.

marconk

marconk

Aug 31, 2019
-For some reason I can't relate and connect with people anymore, even when I'd like to. It's as if something in my brain was broken.
-Whenever I'm out and alone, I feel like a potential prey. I hate it because I like to be on my own. From this point of view I wish I was a man and a big one (or invisible, like you said).
-Even assuming most people are ok-ish, we live in a world ruled by psychopaths and that just feels wrong and dystopian

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019

It's definetly mixed and depends on the people that you have contact with.

alexithymia

alexithymia

Student
Sep 18, 2019
I feel completely disconnected from the rest of humanity. It's really very odd. I just went to fucking Panera with my mom and was watching all the people around us. I feel so different from the rest. I don't know how people function normally in society. I am paralyzed by fear whenever I leave the house.

O

onamy

Sep 23, 2018
I don't think the world is that hostile or unwelcoming. People aren't hostile, they are just selfish, and often promise more than they can deliver.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
for me, when i'm alone, being outside and being surrounded by people and just seeing people happy and just living life especially at school makes me feel like complete shit as a person. but when im with friends, i dont necessarily feel that same feeling. I feel like i have to ALWAYS be with people to not feel like this, especially when im out.

but its gotten pretty bad, i don't wear my glasses or contacts anymore. i can barely see, but i do so because i just dont wanna see the outside anymore, to see all these people my age happy and living life which just leads to self pity, to feel insecure and anxious and as if everyones just staring at me.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
Definitely unfriendly. Some people are putting on acts to keep their job, so you can't count them as friendly. Most everybody else is paranoid and cruel.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Usually either fake-friendly or unfriendly

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
This world has gone to hell in a hand bag. No one is kind anymore. Everyone looks out for themselves and doesn't care about others. Someone could be lying in the street and someone would step right over them. I have been isolated for so long due to a physical condition, 14 years that when I go out I wonder if the world has changed or if I have changed. Probably both. I don't have the tolerance for morons anymore. The new generation is so disrespectful and entitled. I used to love to be around people. It's just not possible anymore. But the way of the world isn't why I want to die.
This world has gone to hell in a hand bag. No one is kind anymore. Everyone looks out for themselves and doesn't care about others. Someone could be lying in the street and someone would step right over them. I have been isolated for so long due to a physical condition, 14 years that when I go out I wonder if the world has changed or if I have changed. Probably both. I don't have the tolerance for morons anymore. The new generation is so disrespectful and entitled. I used to love to be around people. It's just not possible anymore. But the way of the world isn't why I want to die.

Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
The world itself doesn't care if we live or die. And humans may be social creatures, but it's a thin stratum of civility founded upon eons and eons of brute, Darwinian selection.

Reactions: Élégie