• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Does talking about suicide make you feel more suicidal or less?

• Most definitely

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Not at all

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • sometimes

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • depends on how I am feeling on any given day

Votes: 36 40.9%

• Total voters
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020

raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023
I've never been suicidal anyways, so I'm not really affected by it. I'm here because suicide is really unspoken and I really wanted to learn more about it.

Reactions: cowboypants, movinout17, Kawaii_Shoujo215 and 4 others
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
Less to some extent, it brings me a sense of relief

Reactions: myusername890 and Rev346
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
It depends on the day and what is going on in my life at that moment.

Reactions: Heaven_Awaits
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I would say both…it's all depending on the context of how I am speaking about it that makes me feel either more, less or just neutral about it.

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
Definitely less. The problem is that most people you talk to about it will end up calling mental health and getting you into a psych ward. It's actually been very therapeutic for me to be here.

• Love
Reactions: foxgirl
SleepySept

SleepySept

Nov 7, 2023
100% more, seems that way for any bad addictions. Self-harm, smoking, alcohol. Everyday I distract myself from my feelings, but without distractions I realize how badly I want to do these things and genuinely hate myself.
I've never been suicidal anyways, so I'm not really affected by it. I'm here because suicide is really unspoken and I really wanted to learn more about it.
I like your Entrapta pfp btw

illvoid

illvoid

he/it
Aug 11, 2022
Depends how im talking about it. If I vent about my urges, they get worse. I start to spiral and come up with more reasons to justify my suicidal thoughts. Casual discussion helps, though.

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I mean, we're talking about the sweat release of death.

plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
I'm feeling weird about this. It's not a matter of more or less. Talking about suicide makes me feel, in the first place. It sort of winds up the spring so that my body and mind could go tingling properly.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It doesn't affect my core feeling that it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I rarely talk about it in real life but when I have, it's been to other suicidal people and it has been a massive relief. It's kind of similar here. It's just nice to be able to be honest. It doesn't make me any more or less likely to do it though.

Reactions: Morana and tiger b
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
This is an interesting question. I feel talking about suicide lessons the immediate urge for suicide. In my case, I feel my CTB date is distant and tentative. There is a lot of planning and prep needed. So, talking about it gives me a sense of solace and mitigates the immediate need for release through longer term planning. Settling on these plans gives a sense of relief - perhaps like rich kids planning weird market things they do. (No shame on that, just no understanding.)

Reactions: foxgirl and Krisis
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
Usually I'm either indifferent or I'm already suicidal af to make any difference.
But overall it depends on my state.
When I'm low/vulnerable I find it hard to talk to ppl, and I end up only talking when I'm feeling better.
When I'm better its mostly indifferent.
Maybe my situational mutism protects me to being too vulnerable

TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
In general, discussing my feelings- particularly with someone who is actively participating in the conversation with me- helps me feel less suicidal.

If I feel muted though, or if I have nobody with whom I can talk about my depressive/suicidal thoughts, then I really start to feel alienated and closer to my own demise.

So my answer is: talking about suicide makes me feel less suicidal.

Reactions: Jolene79
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
It won't change the intolerable suffered and situation that brings me here. But it actually helps me get through one more day being able to talk about it here. It definitely does not make me feel worse or more likely to do it. Probably the opposite.

I struggle with the concept that people can be talked into this or convinced they should end it just by talking on here. I'm only living my experience so can't fully understand how it is for others and that might therefore be very naive of me.

Reactions: Morana
Bitterman1996

Bitterman1996

Student
May 20, 2020
depends, I don't really want to talk about it with irl acquaintance with depression out of fear of driving them to suicide
but at the same time I do want to vent more than just a typical "i want to die" tweets on my private account.

Reactions: Morana
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It only makes me want to die even more if suicide is talked about in a pro-life way. I want nothing to do with pro-lifers and their harmful delusions, I'm repulsed by those who are against the right to die. But apart from that it doesn't make me feel anything, other than this place I wouldn't see it as the best idea to openly bring up the topic of suicide as sadly we exist in this society where so many people try to prolong suffering no matter what.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, alicia and Jolene79
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
It helps to feel okay about the thoughts and the desire. It's empowering to know you end your life relatively soon.

A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
I'm feeling weird about this. It's not a matter of more or less. Talking about suicide makes me feel, in the first place. It sort of winds up the spring so that my body and mind could go tingling properly.
what's tingling properly?
Maybe my situational mutism protects me to being too vulnerable
can you elaborate on this?

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Neither. I have the same amount of suicidality prior to talking about it than after talking about it. The only difference is that I feel slightly more relieved after talking about it but that's it

Reactions: thebelljarrr and Forveleth
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It really just depends for me.

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
Mostly neither, sometimes - but rarely - less. Talking about it usually brings me a sense of relief, sometimes it scares me.

Reactions: Forveleth
B

b1cycle

Jun 9, 2024
When I found this forum I felt a tremendous relief. Sometimes I think the knowledge that I can end my life if I wish calms me and relieves the dread which pushes me to want to die to begin with.

Reactions: Forveleth
tinydancer

tinydancer

May 17, 2024
More, the more you talk about and think about it, the more doable it seems. I have avoided it (and failed a few times) due to feeling like "I can't really go through with this can I?" But the more you talk about it, picture it in your mind, the more it seems like yeah I can do it, it's gonna happen. It's WHEN not IF.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It makes me more suicidal when my personal reasons why I want to / need to kms are not respected and the one I talk to invalidates them without presenting a solution to my problems that make me suicidal.

Reactions: thebelljarrr, Arachno and tinydancer
Coconut blue

Coconut blue

Student
May 13, 2024
It doesn't change my perception of suicide or my will to die by suicide (eventually) but talking about it definitely makes me feel better emotion wise. Idk if my brain is wired incorrectly or smth but when I see media prevalent pro recovery propaganda that affirms my life's value and encourages me to get help it triggers me af, quite a few times i felt so disgusted I started shing like crazy😂 on the other hand when I can talk about my true beliefs openly it makes me feel better bc I know at least I can be my true self somewhere

T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
it doesn't have an effect on me. i feel the same amount of suicidal ideation.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I feel the same

Reactions: thebelljarrr
Shimidori

Shimidori

make me sad
Dec 22, 2023
Doesn't make me any more or less willing, to be honest. It kind of becomes just "yet another conversation" after a bit anyways.