• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
I think it does in time. For me, it more so comes in waves, just as intense but less often.
I'm sorry you're struggling a lot with a breakup. I think the best thing to do is no contact for the healing process, that includes not looking up their socials.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
It can take a long time. I know it's very painful. I was devastated when my bf broke up with me when I was 16. Sounds silly and insignificant. But that's when I truly became suicidal and started self harming. I guess I could say it took about 4 years to really get over him. And I was alone in my suffering. The one time I confided in someone they brushed it off. But it really can make an enormous impact. I was very young but I think it can hurt just as much when you are older. Never truly felt the same way about anyone else romantically. I closed that part of myself to an extent. Now thinking back it doesn't hurt at all anymore. But I remember the feelings well. I'm late thirties if that helps put this story in perspective. Good luck to you op, wishing you the best and sending a hug.

Bannana

Bannana

caretaker
Mar 10, 2024
It really felt like this guy was the one... I just don't see how anyone could be more perfect. What if i've let slip the one opportunity God gave me.
This feeling will pass, I promise, if anything they missed the opportunity to be with you
I'm currently in the same boat as you atm
It's really shitty
And I cry a lot
But all you can do now is forge your own path from here
And be the best person you can be
You will find the one, it just takes time
If he can't see the true beauty in you the way you see him, then he isn't the one for you
I'm really sorry I cant really help I just feel the need to let you know everything is going to be okay
I promise

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It can but in my opinion it takes too long and oftentimes still leaves people broken in ways that leave irreversible damage. I've gone through about four major heartbreaks in my life and that's how I ended up being 30 years old with zero dating experience whatsoever because it took too many years to heal from the previous heartbreak and feel something for someone else and even when I do move on I'm left far too inexperienced to ever be able to initiate anyway which leads me to get heartbroken again. For people like me it's better to just end the cycle permanently.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
Yes.. It does.. It just takes a really long time. It took us almost a year for it to not hurt when we think of our ex we were with every moment of nearly every day for 5 years. She was our best friend, favorite person (EUPD/BPD), and partner. Losing her felt like losing the important bits of ourselves.
It did a lot of damage that will take a long time to grow around and get past. Now we just miss our precious kitty that was a daughter to us. Thinking about our precious one still brings tears to our eyes while thinking of our ex is just a chapter in our lives even with how much we loved her at the time. Losing her broke us, but we are slowly rebuilding ourselves.

If you can, therapy may be able to help greatly if you can find a therapist you feel safe and comfortable opening up to.

• Hugs
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
what opportunity do you mean?
yes, it is possible not to feel anguish but it is often difficult when it is constant.

shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023
It really felt like this guy was the one... I just don't see how anyone could be more perfect. What if i've let slip the one opportunity God gave me.
I think it'll get better with time, trust me. And something that might help: when you meet other people who you might think they're nice, don't think of them as possible dating opportunities, but as friend ones. Dating usually doesn't work when you think of it that way.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
You can be certain that the pain will reduce over time, and it will reduce to a level that will allow you to get on with your life. Whether it will reduce to zero is unpredictable. In most cases it does, but not always. I still have a complicated, and quite painful tangle of emotions from something that happened 50 years ago.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Personally, it clears right up when I get someone better! And it's important to preempt it by resisting emotional attachment, in the first place. I'm like a company; many come & go. But some appreciate the hokey team-building exercises where we catch each other from falling

There's a concept called an "alpha widow". As Will Smith discovered to his chagrin — his wife is alpha-widowed to another man. Some apparently never get over heartbreak, even in a relationship. So it's best to do something about it, rather than passively hoping it dissipates. Otherwise, it may even damage future relationships

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hmph!
Reactions: LevUwU and sserafim
LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
I don't think heartbreak really does every go away, it just changes how it presents itself and how it makes you feel

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Personally, it clears right up when I get someone better! And it's important to preempt it by resisting emotional attachment, in the first place. I'm like a company; many come & go. But some appreciate the hokey team-building exercises where we catch each other from falling

There's a concept called an "alpha widow". As Will Smith discovered to his chagrin — his wife is alpha-widowed to another man. Some apparently never get over heartbreak. So it's best to do something about it
Did you see my DM?

Reactions: SexyIncél
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘 : 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I'd imagine it would not get better for a very long time maybe eventually for some folk.
But very sorry to feel your heartache like this OP it's most definitely not an easy feat for sure.