Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Well since we are making up hypothetical situations..what if you no longer feel the way you do now and you just become this different 'person'?
Then I wouldn't be me anymore. This different person would be someone else. I get my oblivion in this situation too

Reactions: lv-gras
D

Deleted member 847

Well guys when I say that I believe in an after life I don't mean it like "We are going to be Joes and Smiths forever" Of course the personality eventually dies, I mean our souls live forever. That kind of afterlife would be hell

Last edited by a moderator:
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
This is interesting. This is the crux of my severe distress of living and dying. Before my posioning by a psychiatric drug I had lots of spiritual awakening experiences premonitions insights that I was sure I was not my brain. But now since poisoning I seem to be experiencing various near death like experiences. I experience myself in a void vaccum with no other existence. I often feel I am trapped outside my brain as an alone consiousness toatlly separated from existence. I experience things visually ..I have this whoosh sound in head and with it is like in minds eye I see spirit leave everyone everything. As this has progressed the vaccum that i was seeing has been replaced by black he'll I can only describe. I'm sure I'm in actual hell whilst still phsycially alive. It matches near death accounts of cut off from god. It feels like my self that I knew was one with spirit god has left and I'm in total hell . Not sure if killing the body will fix anything but there seems no reversal of my condition.

Reactions: cyans, shadow11, Tiburcio and 1 other person
D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
I could use the Quantum Physics argument which clearly shows that we collapse the wave function therefore we ourselves, the consciousness, create the brain and not the brain creates us, but I will be attacked by "Naaah bruh quantum physics is just weird and no one understands it" kind of guys. I think even scientists know this but because the consciousness model of reality is not practical they just don't recognize it and give us bullshit explanations like "it's just a weird thing that seems to contradict our materialism, but don't worry guys one day we will be able to explain it with our materialism" It's like god of the gaps.

@Santiago

I've seen that video with the old man before.

In order to measure electrons they need to directly interact with whatever is measuring them (ie impacts directly on what is measuring them). It is this interaction that changes their behavior.

The video is misleading. The "observer" (measuring equipment) in the experiment is not passively watching off to the side as the video implies but is interacting with the electrons as they go through the slits in order to measure them and that is changing their behavior.

The double-slit experiment illustrates particle/wave duality, not observer-created reality as youtube videos like this one claim.

Your statement "I could use the Quantum Physics argument which clearly shows that we collapse the wave function therefore we ourselves, the consciousness, create the brain and not the brain creates us" is based on an incorrect understanding of the double-slit experiment.

Last edited:
Reactions: bag.of.cats, Tiburcio and Volatile
D

Deleted member 847

@Santiago

I've seen that video with the old man before.

In order to measure electrons they need to directly interact with whatever is measuring them (eg impact on the measuring surface). It is this interaction that changes their behavior.

The video is misleading. The "observer" (measuring equipment) in the experiment is not passively watching off to the side as the video implies but is interacting with the electrons as they go through the slits in order to measure them and that is changing their behavior.

The double-slit experiment illustrates particle/wave duality, not observer-created reality as youtube videos like this one claim.

Your statement "I could use the Quantum Physics argument which clearly shows that we collapse the wave function therefore we ourselves, the consciousness, create the brain and not the brain creates us" is based on an incorrect understanding of the double-slit experiment.

I'm not going to reply to this because I'm not a physicist nor a student of QM, but there are many real scientists who believe in the "consciousness interpretation" of the double-slit like Tom Campbell and Dean Radin.

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
This is interesting. This is the crux of my severe distress of living and dying. Before my posioning by a psychiatric drug I had lots of spiritual awakening experiences premonitions insights that I was sure I was not my brain. But now since poisoning I seem to be experiencing various near death like experiences. I experience myself in a void vaccum with no other existence. I often feel I am trapped outside my brain as an alone consiousness toatlly separated from existence. I experience things visually ..I have this whoosh sound in head and with it is like in minds eye I see spirit leave everyone everything. As this has progressed the vaccum that i was seeing has been replaced by black he'll I can only describe. I'm sure I'm in actual hell whilst still phsycially alive. It matches near death accounts of cut off from god. It feels like my self that I knew was one with spirit god has left and I'm in total hell . Not sure if killing the body will fix anything but there seems no reversal of my condition.

Just wondering what peoples take on this is ..thanks

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
I'm not going to reply to this because I'm not a physicist nor a student of QM, but there are many real scientists who believe in the "consciousness interpretation" of the double-slit like Tom Campbell and Dean Radin.

Then their interpretation is incorrect. This is not a matter of belief or disbelief. In order to observe electrons (or photons for that matter) you must interact with them directly.

Even if you're not a physicist you can surely understand the following about that part of the experiment:
-In order to observe which slit the electron is going through the experimenter places measuring equipment behind each slit
-Each electron impacts against the measuring equipment and is thus measured
-This impact changes the electron's subsequent behavior

Reactions: Volatile
D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
Just wondering what peoples take on this is ..thanks

The only thing I can say with any confidence from your experience is that the drugs had long-term negative impacts on your brain.

Reactions: Volatile
D

Deleted member 847

Then their interpretation is incorrect. This is not a matter of belief or disbelief. In order to observe electrons (or photons for that matter) you must interact with them directly.

Even if you're not a physicist you can surely understand the following about that part of the experiment:
-In order to observe which slit the electron is going through the experimenter places measuring equipment behind each slit
-Each electron impacts against the measuring equipment and is thus measured
-This impact changes the electron's subsequent behavior

I've heard of this argument before and I'm sure the other party has a counterargument for it otherwise they would change their beliefs, but I'm not going to reply because of my lack of preparation and understanding of physics. My main reason for believing in the "consciousness creates reality" hypothesis is based on my spiritual experiences and verified NDE testimonies. Have a good day.

F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
I don't want to die miserable and broken. In a way, I feel that if I die that way that i'll always feel that way since my brain has no concept of not existing.
Could you elaborate on this?
What do you mean?
You mean you think you will feel miserable and broken in the afterlife if you die miserable and broken?

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
The only thing I can say with any confidence from your experience is that the drugs had long-term negative impacts on your brain.
yes and was done by a Dr! But terrifying it feels has affected consciousness soul.n just do not understand

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I've heard of this argument before and I'm sure the other party has a counterargument for it otherwise they would change their beliefs, but I'm not going to reply because of my lack of preparation and understanding of physics. My main reason for believing in the "consciousness creates reality" hypothesis is based on my spiritual experiences and verified NDE testimonies. Have a good day.
Near death is not death so NDEs are irrelevant.

Reactions: skitliv and Dip
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
Could you elaborate on this?
What do you mean?
You mean you think you will feel miserable and broken in the afterlife if you die miserable and broken?
I feel like my final mental state will feel like an eternity before I hit the ground.

F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
I feel like my final mental state will feel like an eternity before I hit the ground.
So you think your last mental state will feel like an eternity before you die?
And afterwards stop existing?

D

Deleted member 847

Near death is not death so NDEs are irrelevant.
This is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Just because NDE don't happen when you're 100% dead that alone can't disqualify patients reporting verifiable data, healing from incurable illness after them or born blind seeing during them.

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018

Spiritual experience is not exactly something that can be independently verified that easily.

Verified NDEs on the other hand do not indicate consciousness creating reality or an afterlife for that matter. There is no indication of the consciousness actually "creating" something when near death, at most one could say that the near-dead person may be observing the surrounding environment in some way.

This is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Just because NDE don't happen when you're 100% dead that alone can't disqualify patients reporting verifiable data, healing from incurable illness after them

All that shows is that some human bodies are more resilient than previously thought.

or born blind seeing during them.

Now that is an interesting phenomenon but again without verified research and experimentation one shouldn't jump to conclusions as there could be many possible things causing visual hallucinations or dreams for the blind in that state.

yes and was done by a Dr! But terrifying it feels has affected consciousness soul.n just do not understand

The topic of how mind-altering substances work is a pretty big one. I recommend you do research on the effects of mind-altering substances including psychiatric drugs as well as their side effects to get more details on what's happening in your case.

T

Tiburcio

Fuck afterlife.

Reactions: Volatile, lv-gras and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
D

Deleted member 847

This looks like another thread in which everyone agrees to disagree

Reactions: Dip, lv-gras, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

If there is an afterlife and no escape to this then I will burn myself in my next life driven to madness

Reactions: Volatile and lv-gras
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
If there is an afterlife and no escape to this then I will burn myself in my next life driven to madness
Sure but then you will respawn again into a third afterlife.

Reactions: Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

Good thing I din't believe in it. And even if there eould be afterlife, I wouldn't remember anything and I couldn't know the weight of my situation.

D

Deleted member 847

In my understanding of reality. We live in a multiverse. Killing yourself in a universe or leaving that universe will only make you go into another universe. But I heard that you can dissipate or merge with the environment if that's what you want. Nobody is forced to "live" forever, you're just forced to exist forever.

Reactions: shadow11
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
In my understanding of reality. We live in a multiverse. Killing yourself in a universe or leaving that universe will only make you go into another universe. But I heard that you can dissipate or merge with the environment if that's what you want. Nobody is forced to "live" forever, you're just forced to exist forever.
How would one make the decision whether he/she wants to merge with the environment or not?

I am quite curious in what this afterlife you believe in looks like and how it works? Is it just a normal life like we have now?

Reactions: Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 847

How would one make the decision whether he/she wants to merge with the environment or not?

I am quite curious in what this afterlife you believe in looks like and how it works? Is it just a normal life like we have now?
My model of after life is based on the totality of the data I got from many books of altered states of consciousness and oobe researchers like Robert Monroe, William Buhlman and so on.

The merging with the environment thing is a state of consciousness in which your ego dies, you can even experience it if you train yourself. There is a forum (the astral pulse) where some people like Frank Kepple have reached it during their oobe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WanderingEremite
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I took drugs from Dr only

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I
Spiritual experience is not exactly something that can be independently verified that easily.

Verified NDEs on the other hand do not indicate consciousness creating reality or an afterlife for that matter. There is no indication of the consciousness actually "creating" something when near death, at most one could say that the near-dead person may be observing the surrounding environment in some way.

All that shows is that some human bodies are more resilient than previously thought.

Now that is an interesting phenomenon but again without verified research and experimentation one shouldn't jump to conclusions as there could be many possible things causing visual hallucinations or dreams for the blind in that state.

The topic of how mind-altering substances work is a pretty big one. I recommend you do research on the effects of mind-altering substances including psychiatric drugs as well as their side effects to get more details on what's happening in your case.[/QUOT

Have done research and not coming up with much..what happened to me is unusual.

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Prescribed mind-altering substances are still mind-altering substances. Having the drug approved by some spineless government bureaucrat doesn't change that ^_^

I think there was a problem with your last post.
Oh yes i was very young when I started my psychiatric patient career. Was told I needed them when I was way more functional and happy then.

D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
Oh yes i was very young when I started my psychiatric patient career. Was told I needed them when I was way more functional and happy then.

I daresay that pushing drugs on children is child abuse, but hey they're legal so they MUST be okay!

Someone posted a link to videos made by Peter Breggin (MD), I'll post the link to his channel as he does have some good info about the effects of psychiatric drugs and Electroconvulsive therapy:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeterBreggin

There's plenty of medical journals, studies and articles about different drugs too. Try doing a search on google for effects and withdrawal symptoms of the drugs you were given.

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio