• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I think The Gift got good reviews... I thought it was terrific, and Jsaon Bateman got to show off some serious acting chops.

I highly recommend The Invitation on Netflix. Creepy and suspenseful from the get go, it feels intimate and really pulled me in.

Watched both, might watch them again though ;)

Reactions: oopswronglife, Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Reactions: Jolene40, About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Student
Aug 19, 2018
We Need To Talk About Kevin is a great film

Reactions: RM5998, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DeadGoddess and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I cracked a smile watching Hot Fuzz (2007 - iirc) yesterday. It's about an outstanding british police officer who gets moved to a police department out in the country, where he uncovers something...

There's a lot of humour in it, which is just what some of us need. I recommend it since it made me smile and it honeslty was funny.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DeadGoddess, gingerplum and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
There's a couple of Kubrick documetaries on Netflix- well, indirectly about Kubrick, they're about the guys that worked for him-- that I can't recommend enough.

The documentaries themselves are absolutely fascinating. But what was most incredible to me was that Kubrick seemed to have some kind of innate ability to recognize a quality in others that meant they would spend their lives working selflessly for him.

These guys were so far beyond dedicated, Matthew Modine describes their work as "self crucifixion".

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and therhydler
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
The only movie I can think of is Requiem for a Dream. Brilliant, creepy, nerve racking.
Don't think if it is on Netflix currently or ever was, but that's a must watch movie.

Cheers.

Reactions: wiIIow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, LoNatural and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
An older classic movie is "The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover"

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, LivedTooLong and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
GREAT movie! I remember how shocking it was in its day.
Yes, Michael Gambon is a fantastic actor, he was brilliant in the Singing Detective series.
It was written by Dennis Potter and his other series are all very good.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 1 other person
Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
Coherence

Triangle

Primer

Timecrimes

The one I Love

and so on, down the rabbithole...

Damn thanks for reminding me about triangle, was a while ago I watched it :wee:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and agreement
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Bandersnatch

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
The Homesman
Have you watched "Godless?" I was just thinking that if you enjoyed "The Homesman" you might enjoy "Godless" as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Moony21 and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Have you watched "Godless?" I was just thinking that if you enjoyed "The Homesman" you might enjoy "Godless" as well.

Just saw this. I have not seen it.
I will look it up!

Thanks for the rec.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
I love this one!
Yeah, me too. I started watching on a whim and really wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, Moony21 and 3 others
areflection

areflection

just daze...
Oct 26, 2018
LOVED Gone Girl, must have watched it ten times... "thinks he can trade me in for a bouncier younger cool girl? No f&@king way"

Have you seen Girl On A Train?

Or going waaay back to the 1990s and the territory of @Johnnythefox Shallow Grave is so good

As is In Bruges

Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, sif, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Some good new netflix shows: Happy, Maniac, You, Black Mirror.

areflection

areflection

just daze...
Oct 26, 2018
i love Girl On A Train. i only saw it once maybe a year ago and i was recently explaining and trying to suggest it to somebody..but i forgot the name. so thanks for that. and it's so true. so-called 'well people' do that all the time to people who tend to drink to blackouts. (GUILTY..of blackouts)

Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
I like YOU too, doctor foster and gypsy

Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif and 2 others
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
Black Mirror

Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Eren, sif and 6 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Hold The Dark

I won't spoil it below and will give a brief run down because i'm waiting for food to cook and this will pass the time nicely. There is quite a bit of violence and moodyness to it and there is a rape scene in it just as a general warning. It is akin to but slighty more engaged than Under The Skin. I suggest watching the first 5 minutes because the tone is pretty obvious right away.

It is a mixing of genres mainly an ambient drama and suspense although I think it's categorized as horror. There is plenty of action in it though. The reason its under horror is because despite being able to take it at face value there is a bit more hidden from view unless you're aware of the intricacies of werewolf lore and it is absolutely that. I suggest not reading deep plot reviews or speculation beforehand (which this is not) but the placement of hints is the way subtle should be done imo. There is no revisiting scenes or spelling out of these hints, it is more like actually being present there, and the movie is filled with them. To briefly touch on the lore, there is a vein of werewolf lore that is very dark and occultic and there is also similar native lore across a common area. Don't expect ridiculous monsters.

Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
She is already suicidal..no need to be cruel. That show would make Mary Poppins want to CTB.

Already watched all the episodes probably more than once ;) best show ever

Reactions: oopswronglife, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Deafsn0w and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Dirty Dancing! I used to love Patrick Swayze in his youth ❤️ So 1980s!!!

Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Deafsn0w, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others