• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Commandocoki

Commandocoki

Aug 23, 2020
Not sure if this counts as anything but I pick my lips until they are bloody, swollen, scabbed, and or hurting. I just cannot stop. Sometimes I don't notice it until somebody asks what am I so nervous about. Putting anything like chapstick on my lips makes the picking worst.

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I have Aphantasia which is not being able to see pictures in my head. I never realised other people actually could see pictures until recently and it blew my mind a little.
I once believed my ex partner had been replaced by an alien but luckily it resolved after a day or 2 and never came back.

Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Vascular Ehlers-Danlos-Syndrome (vEDS or EDS type 4).
It's the only type that cuts your life span in half.
Your hollow organs are prone to rupture easily (intestines for example) and your arteries dissect/rupture as well. It's difficult to manage , because operation to save a person can result in more problems occurring due to or sensible body.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I'm not sure what this is, but I have a strange habit whereby if my friend passes me a beaker/ cup / ipad from one door (kitchen or lovong room) rather than where I last took it, I get upset and ask for it to be passed to me through the right door. I haven't seen this habit posted yet so maybe I have a unique one.

Regards the eyebrow picking that someone mentioned earlier, I do that too when I'm nervous about something.

Something that has got me concerned recently is the headaches I have suddenly come on at the sides of my eyebrows. Like someone has hit me with a hammer. We're under a lot of stress here (thanks to the council landlord ... ) so maybe it's linked to that.

User_01

User_01

Aug 23, 2020
Like others here I have Trichotillomania. Eyebrows, eyelashes and beard generally. Eyebrows are the worst for me, very noticeable too -_-

I also have Pica!

Megadeth

Megadeth

Aug 1, 2020
im not sure if this counts but i have MDD ( maladaptive daydreaming disorder ). i can promise you i can not go one second without daydreaming and i have 0 friends because of this. it sounds great for some people but it truly makes life hellish sometimes. i guess you get used to it after awhile, nobody really takes it seriously though so i try not to bring it up in conversation.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Not sure if this counts as anything but I pick my lips until they are bloody, swollen, scabbed, and or hurting. I just cannot stop. Sometimes I don't notice it until somebody asks what am I so nervous about. Putting anything like chapstick on my lips makes the picking worst.
I do this all the time. Though it's not because I'm nervous

• Hugs
Reactions: nitroautnz
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
im not sure if this counts but i have MDD ( maladaptive daydreaming disorder ). i can promise you i can not go one second without daydreaming and i have 0 friends because of this. it sounds great for some people but it truly makes life hellish sometimes. i guess you get used to it after awhile, nobody really takes it seriously though so i try not to bring it up in conversation.
I do this too. Been like this since I was a kid. I remember worrying to myself as a teen, "Am I going to be like this when I'm married? Will my husband know?" Lmao.... ugh :|

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I have a vision impairment called nystagmus. It makes my eyes shake constantly. They shake even when I close my eyes. Its not debilitating, just inconvenient mostly. I have poor depth perception and slow reaction time. Combined with my poor visual acuity, I can't really drive well and I have to get really close to a computer screen in order to read it comfortably. I don't really notice it unless I'm focusing on it, or if I'm really nervous or tired.

But to others, it looks really strange. I feel like people think I look ugly, creepy, weird, evil, etc, because of my eyes. It sucks that I also have social anxiety as well because it just makes me look even weirder.

J

January-ish

Aug 23, 2020
I don't know if it is "weird", but I have something relatively rare that a lot of health professionals aren't familiar with and I get so tired of explaining it. It is called "interstial cystitis" and is basically chronic symptoms of a bladder infection without the infection. I take pills that turn my urine orange.
Me too! Well.. sort of? The doctors don't know what to do with me but I have been diagnosed with interstial cyctitis. I'm not sure if they are sticking with that diagnosis. Part of the problem is that I live in the U.S. and my health insurance is really inconsistently available so the doctors change around. I have had bladder problems for as long as I can remember though. Probably since kindergarten. They have done soooo many weird tests and none of them yielded results. So I am VERY familiar with the nuclear orange pee. I was really relieved when pyridium went generic and I didn't need a doctor/prescription to buy it anymore.

O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
I have a vision impairment called nystagmus. It makes my eyes shake constantly. They shake even when I close my eyes. Its not debilitating, just inconvenient mostly. I have poor depth perception and slow reaction time. Combined with my poor visual acuity, I can't really drive well and I have to get really close to a computer screen in order to read it comfortably. I don't really notice it unless I'm focusing on it, or if I'm really nervous or tired.

But to others, it looks really strange. I feel like people think I look ugly, creepy, weird, evil, etc, because of my eyes. It sucks that I also have social anxiety as well because it just makes me look even weirder.
If others can't understand your disease, it's their fault, nothing to be ashamed of. Unlucky genes

J

January-ish

Aug 23, 2020
I'm like that with some things. The biggest one is making sure the door is locked when I go out. I'll lock the door then try to open it. If I don't try to open it after I lock it I will get out of the vehicle and go back and check. If I don't remember or if I don't close the gate behind me to signify that I checked I will go back and check. One day I checked like 5 times because I wanted to make 100% sure my kitties were safe
I do this a lot too. It can get really frustrating. I've been told that its "hyper vigilance" a symptom of my PTSD. I live in an apartment so I know that my neighbors see it happening, but there's really no point in fighting those perceptions at this point in my life. I sort of wish checking the doors was the limit of my freak-hood. haha

Reactions: overcomingfear
O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
I do this a lot too. It can get really frustrating. I've been told that its "hyper vigilance" a symptom of my PTSD. I live in an apartment so I know that my neighbors see it happening, but there's really no point in fighting those perceptions at this point in my life. I sort of wish checking the doors was the limit of my freak-hood. haha
Yeah i do this also, once opened my flat door and left the key in the keyhole from the outside, mom came 20 mins later and told this to me. Since then i check if the door is locked maybe once maybe five times a day and that the keys are inside. Also check my pockets kinda often, at least i never lost anything in my life this way

deadbeat

deadbeat

Sep 9, 2020
I have excoriation disorder. I pick at my lips almost constantly if my hands aren't busy, I pick my feet too but not as often. I usually pick small pieces so I'm not injuring myself, but I have picked my lips to the point that I cause cold sores, as well as pick my feet so much that it hurts to walk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I have Alice in wonderland syndrome (AIWS) it's a set of symptoms with alteration of body image. An alteration of visual perception is found in that way that the sizes of body parts or sizes of external objects are perceived incorrectly. The most common perceptions are at night.mine mostly happens at night although I have recreated it during the day whilst taking prescription ketamine.

• Wow
Reactions: flatearth
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I have Alice in wonderland syndrome (AIWS) it's a set of symptoms with alteration of body image. An alteration of visual perception is found in that way that the sizes of body parts or sizes of external objects are perceived incorrectly. The most common perceptions are at night.mine mostly happens at night although I have recreated it during the day whilst taking prescription ketamine.
I have a question, if that's okay. Is the perception change in AiWS purely visual, or can it be physical? Like your body parts physically feel too large.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I have a question, if that's okay. Is the perception change in AiWS purely visual, or can it be physical? Like your body parts physically feel too large.
It's physical too. I often have the strongest sensation in my hands and face. It can feel like they are like balloons. It's the most bizarre feeling. I've had it since I was a child.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
It's physical too. I often have the strongest sensation in my hands and face. It can feel like they are like balloons. It's the most bizarre feeling. I've had it since I was a child.
I remember feeling like this as a child, too. Usually it's my hands and oddly enough my tongue lmaooo. I think I need to figure out if this is dissociation or something like AiWS. How long did it take for you to get diagnosed?

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I remember feeling like this as a child, too. Usually it's my hands and oddly enough my tongue lmaooo. I think I need to figure out if this is dissociation or something like AiWS. How long did it take for you to get diagnosed?
Years! To be honest there isn't anything that can be done to treat it as there are no triggers for me. I get the tongue thing too actually. I just live with it.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
Years! To be honest there isn't anything that can be done to treat it as there are no triggers for me. I get the tongue thing too actually. I just live with it.
i know i dont have it i just like trying to relate things i dont know to things i do know so i can understand better (its also how i explain my disorders to others) i have a feeling im off but im gonna guess anyway. the closest thing i can relate this to is when a limb or something falls asleep and it physically feels weird not the weird feeling but if i touch my finger or something it feels bigger.

honestly the closest i have to this is my dissociation where most of the time when i look in the mirror i dont recognize myself. i just physically look different even though mentally i know my looks havent changed.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Very interesting. I've heard it tends to be connected to migraines, but yeah it's harmless like regular old dissociation. Thank you for chatting about it :)
i know i dont have it i just like trying to relate things i dont know to things i do know so i can understand better (its also how i explain my disorders to others) i have a feeling im off but im gonna guess anyway. the closest thing i can relate this to is when a limb or something falls asleep and it physically feels weird not the weird feeling but if i touch my finger or something it feels bigger.

honestly the closest i have to this is my dissociation where most of the time when i look in the mirror i dont recognize myself. i just physically look different even though mentally i know my looks havent changed.
Depersonalization sucks, man.

Siarar

Siarar

Sep 16, 2020
I have Ehlers-Danlos, it's a collagen disorder that effects my joints and ligaments. It can be very painful at times. Also typically comes with anxiety and depression. It's an invisible disorder. I've had many people tell me I'm faking, that it can't be as bad as I say it is. I was diagnosed about a year ago after my shoulder started hurting from doing repetitive motions at work. It all made so much sense to me. Gave me some answers.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I've had many people tell me I'm faking, that it can't be as bad as I say it is
I get this. My back was just starting to act up and I was told to sit out at gym class. One of the students came over and said I'm faking. One should never judge others on what they cant see :hug:

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I have paruresis, the shy bladder syndrome - a phobia that make me unable to urinate in public restroom or out of doors. It's so strong I can't control urinary spinchters so I just ... literally can't pee. Just like there was a physical obstacle in my urethra. But the only obstacle are my muscles that can't relax enough to let me urinate. I have even been taken to hospital twice due to this disease and the only rescue was to catheterize my waterworks. Psychologist said it will be difficult for me to cure this phobia. Weird, isn't it?

• Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I have paruresis, the shy bladder syndrome - a phobia that make me unable to urinate in public restroom or out of doors. It's so strong I can't control urinary spinchters so I just ... literally can't pee. Just like there was a physical obstacle in my urethra. But the only obstacle are my muscles that can't relax enough to let me urinate. I have even been taken to hospital twice due to this disease and the only rescue was to catheterize my waterworks. Psychologist said it will be difficult for me to cure this phobia. Weird, isn't it?
I don't find it weird. It's not that bad for me more of an option that I'm choosing "I'll wait" to because of my anxiety over it, but yeah I kinda get it. I hate using the bathroom outside my own house

U

unfortunatelyme

Sep 13, 2020
I have essential tremors, basically I'm always shaking especially my hands. Makes doing every day things frustrating and people pointing out "hey why are you shaking?" all the time does not help!

• Aww..
Reactions: flatearth
C

CatIsFedUpOfThis

Traumatised and tired
Sep 6, 2020
Idk if it's really weird but the funkiest/coolest/funniest/freakiest stuff I have is asymptomatic hypermobility, in like all my joints except my knees and it really freaks people out when I hyperextend my elbows! Very funny aha. I can also do the eustachian tube click in my ears, as well as voluntarily control my tensor tympani muscle - also in the ears. And one time a doctor told me I had very small ear canals. Man my ears. Anyway these aren't really toooo weird or rare or something but I just thought I'd add them. Didn't include mental disorders as IDK what is going on up there I'm currently getting my diagnoses reviewed.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
My stuff is not as weird as some of these items that others have in your thread, but I have vitiligo which was the same autoimmune disease that Michael Jackson had.

Plus I'm being tracked for possible Cushing's syndrome/disease. This tends to take a very long time to diagnose. And the cause for this might be my pituitary adenoma (tumor/growth on the pituitary gland) which apparently is not that uncommon.

Last edited: