CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
Yeah kinda I think it might be

Reactions: divinemistress36
J

JustAnx

Oct 12, 2024
If it was, i wonder what actual awakeness might feel like…

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Bear1234
PlannedforPeru

PlannedforPeru

SaSu. Lurker
Sep 21, 2024
Yeah, I had this weird experience this morning where I was in my head while doing something and completely forgot what my body was doing for the past 5 minutes (driving). I tried to recall but I could only remember before me being in my head and then fast forward like shboom to after getting out of my head, absolutely no recollection of the middle. It was a very dreamlike non-lucid experience. Either way, interesting post, really struck my Chords. 👏

Reactions: divinemistress36 and CantDoIt
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
don't think so - at least not the dreams we dream at night

depthss

depthss

wikihow
Dec 12, 2023
i wouldnt say dream, but i dont think its real

Reactions: divinemistress36 and CantDoIt
T

ThisIsMe1357

Student
May 20, 2024
You immediately reminded of a certain Twilight Zone episode called Dreams for Sale...or a Black Mirror's episode called San Junipero.

Who knows what life and reality actually are. This is certainly one of the possibilities, even though then I wonder what the life outside of that dream is like and why I am dreaming, that is, whether I am just asleep or whether I asked to have a dream of this kind willingly because of something real life related.

Reactions: divinemistress36
E

everydaythesame

Nov 19, 2023
Life is a living nightmare, I'm yet to experience a dreams.

Reactions: Bear1234 and pthnrdnojvsc
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Sometimes I go through life feeling like everything could be a dream and at any moment I could wake up from it and find myself lying in a hospital bed. It all started when I was younger, after watching a video that was talking about how we perceive the world around us via our brains, which means that we have trust that our perceptions and judgements of the world around us are true, since for all you know your entire world just be a product of your mind. Of course, I'm aware that it's unlikely that all of this is just one big dream. Still, the thought gets to me a lot sometimes. Several months back, I remember going through this sort of "episode" as a result of these thoughts and it led me to kind of spiral a bit and I nearly attempted to ctb on impulse as a result.

I also find myself often questioning reality while high on shrooms, though I don't feel distressed whenever I do it while tripping. I feel more intrigued. I think part of why I don't get too stressed out during those times is because I find myself more comfortable with the reality I'm in when high (though I do still usually have a lot of criticisms towards the state of modern society). When I question this, it feels more theoretical in nature rather than like I'm having a sort of existential crisis. I think part of why I question it so much while tripping is partly due to the slight loss of self I go through while I'm in that state. The barrier between me and my environment, the one that allows me to feel like an entity that is completely separate from the world around me, becomes weakened and I feel more connected with my surroundings (probably due to their effects on the DMN). It feels like I'm walking around in a sort of dreamlike state, so it makes sense that everything around me doesn't feel as "real" anymore.

Reactions: CantDoIt
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If it is a dream then I should be able to do whatever I want without consequence.

Unfortunately maybe we're actually all just trapped in someone else's dream. I guess it depends on who's getting away with everything the most.

Reactions: CantDoIt
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Life is a living nightmare, I'm yet to experience a dreams.
I agree , life is a living nightmare.

can't believe they need to see a reason to leave a nightmare , hell. and that so many praise being in prison

"oh he's just insane for wanting to suicide / leave life" .

Reactions: alienfreak