• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
No just want to be forgotten and any money that would have been spent on the funeral put to better use.

If people want to take a nice stroll in the country side and think of whatever happy times I was a part of, that would be enough for me.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I would rather avoid a funeral due to costs - or a direct cremation which is the cheapest package.

Reality is that I will have a funeral (cremation) as family and friends need a closure. Don't want a religious service and would prefer people to spend the time helping those who are needy than wasting their time attending my funeral - so in my memory, they can go and do something positive.

lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I don't want to be a nuisance to people in death as I am in life, so no. I would much rather just fade away into obscurity as a passing memory, I strongly feel like tying an event to someone's death only causes you to remember and mourn it more, and I don't wish for people to care about me.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Direct cremation but your family might want one. Put what you want in writing. Find a solicitor and put your wishes in a letter. No one can over turn that as it's been done ugly.

Reactions: sserafim
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
Direct cremation for me ( already paid for ) simply pick me up put me in a cardboard box or cheap coffin either is fine by me, cremate me wherever they want, return ashes to whoever wants them, been to too many funerals listening to softly spoken celebrates talking about someone they have never known or met, watched people dressed in black crying then an hour later laughing and joking in the pub with everyone else most of which only ever seem to turn up at a funeral to eat the free food and as an excuse to use the free bar, to look at the floral tributes discarded at the end of the night, none of that crap for me, no flowers,no service no "favourite" tune or music, nobody there except the people that will roll me into the furnace, turn up the flames,scrape whatever is left after into a plastic pot and post me to whoever wants me, no disruption to anybody else's life, no money to find, no woeful folk to listen to and no stress for anyone else to deal with.

whats_the_point

whats_the_point

Feb 18, 2024
Funerals in my culture are like weddings - everyone and anyone is invited. I don't like/have no particular feelings towards most of my family. I would like a few of my friends to be there but I'm guessing it will be a bit painful for them. My ultimate desire is to die in some forest, my body just decaying there, left alone for a long long time. I want to be surrounded and consumed by nature.

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I must confess that, from time to time, I've been idealizing and contemplating dying by the complete annihilation of my body under totally unrealistic scenarios that would never really happen to me... Unfortunately.

And I have contemplated all of these scenarios just because I absolutely despise everything that other people would probably do with (or to) my body after i'm dead...be it an autopsy/post-mortem, be it a stupid funeral service and their usual disgusting religious proselytizing eulogies, or be it being buried or cremated.

I have contemplated scenarios where I am, like a "terrorist", blowing myself to particles with a very powerful bomb or where I am instantaneously evaporated by a nuclear explosion....(I must add that in both scenarios, I imagine myself alone... without the vile mass murdering of other people, since I couldn't really wish any harm to no one else with my demise)

I have even contemplated dying like the victims in that Titan submersible incident last year... That was a swift annihilation as well, without anything left. (I do feel for the victims and their families... I know it was a disaster, a tragedy... I'm only talking about it regarding what I wish it would happen with my corpse)

Knowing that I don't have any control whatsoever in what happens to my corpse after I'm dead has been a big issue for me to deal with, when facing my own death...

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
BringMeToLife

BringMeToLife

I'm stuck in here
Apr 13, 2023
I don't want a funeral. My corpse is not an attraction that can be shown to the public in a display case (coffin). It costs money too - I'm dead, I don't care about the funeral, just let me be and spend the money on our dog
I don't want a funeral. My corpse is not an attraction that can be shown to the public in a display case (coffin). It costs money too - I'm dead, I don't care about the funeral, just let me be and spend the money on our dog

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If I died before my Dad, I think he would want a funeral for closure. They're more for the people left behind- in my view.

I sometimes get the impression people who don't want them feel (most likely, justifiably) that they don't want to give those left behind the chance to fake being upset and to make it all about them. That's the impression I sometimes get.

In my case, my Dad is the last remaining close family member I still have alive. But- I don't intend to CTB till after he goes. After that, my intention is to prepay for a direct cremation before I CTB. In my case though, it's because I live hundreds of miles away from my friends and family. My step relations aren't exactly close. My other friends and family I haven't seen for 5, 10, some of them over 20 years. I don't want them to feel obliged to travel hundreds of miles for some dry service. They can remember me just as well for however long they want to where they are. I hope they will be ok with that.

In my opinion, funerals are actually quite good for closure and saying goodbye. Despite having plenty of family members die by the time I was 10, I didn't go to a funeral till I was 19. I think it may have actually helped in the grieving process if I had gone to at least one of the earlier ones.

I think in some ways, I get the sense some people want to deny the people around them this. Maybe because they feel like they weren't truly loved by them in the first place. In some ways, it's a way of punishing them I think. I may be well off there, but, that's the impression I get and- maybe they are justified in that.

Sometimes, it's also a hatred I guess for ourselves. I remember one member here saying she told her husband he could just chuck her ashes in the trash. I suspect many of us do feel like this about ourselves but, it's probably quite upsetting for people who care about us to hear.

Skallagrim

Skallagrim

Apr 14, 2022
I don't want a funeral. I'd much prefer to simply vanish into the ether.

I was kind of hoping there would be some way with these medical assistance in dying programs. They could take all useful organs for others, and what remains just chuck in a biowaste bag and straight to the incinerator with the other junk.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
you can do that? anyway happy to see a familiar name. i actually wouldn't mind being fed to the local wildlife

Yes, but it's more expensive. They assume most people will be paying for a cremation in years to come- so they factor in inflation. I'd still do it though, because I think my family would otherwise pay for the works out of obligation when- it really isn't necessary- for me anyhow.

Ha ha, give all the local wildlife a taste for human flesh... Not sure that's a great idea. Lol.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yeah I don't really want one because for me it's a waste of thousands of dollars. If people are gonna hold one for me though I hope it turns into a happy occasion celebrating the death of someone as cruel and evil as I but that's wishful thinking on my part. Imagining people spitting on my grave, laughing at times I've made an idiot of myself, and toasting to the end of any potential harm I could cause genuinely makes me so glad that this is the only kind of funeral I could accept for me though it's probably never going to happen. More likely than not, people are instead just going to waste time and money just to cry over someone who doesn't even deserve it.

notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
I don't. There'll be about four people there. Unnecessary waste of money for my already financially hurting family lol. I'd love to just be forgotten, which is eventually what happens anyway.

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
No funeral as in a service, but a chance to greet the body and an obituary (I already made on myself). I'll put away some cash to pay for it. I think it'll help people with their grief.

f1lth

f1lth

fleabag
Jul 9, 2023
im somewhat conflicted as i think my loved ones would want to have one for me and i completely get that. I even want that for them as i know they can be important for a grieving family. I just cant feel good about it, im already putting them through this pain and now theyve gotta pay for a ceremony for me ? im not sure i deserve that after putting them through that and then theyve gotta plan it and also pay for it while its still fresh ? it feels unfair to them

C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
i hope not. for my family it would be like a way to garner sympathy for themselves at my expense even after i died. so best these shits would get is a missing person case.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Absolutely not. I wouldn't want one even if I died of old age or a freak accident, and my family knows this. Always hated people staring at me in life, why let them do it in death when I can't even hide my face? And it'll break my parents' heart to see how few people show up. Just cremate me and be done with it.

I do love fresh flowers so I wouldn't mind the expensive arrangements. But just meet me halfway and sprinkle some ashes in a rose garden or something.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Does anyone else not want a funeral? When I was a kid, I used to think about my funeral and imagine what it would be like, but lately, I'm growing increasingly convinced that I don't want a funeral. I just want to leave this world in peace, without any pomp and circumstance.
My preference would be to be left in the woods to compost!

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Funerals are mostly 'fake' besides sorrow of the close family. Plenty of times it is just a gathering day and people are even laughing and talking casually about other stuff.

I am not saying it should be different btw. It is also funny how people act like they won't end up the same eventually.

H

Hunter2005

Student
Apr 15, 2023
Hell no I want to be forgotten or thrown in the ocean or nature.

A

A Human?

Oct 5, 2023
I dont want a funeral, I want my body to be dissected or donated to science or ppl who need parts.

I get that my family might need closure, but honestly they were never around, so they can get over it. If they really want a funeral for someone who never saw family on holidays for 20 years then they can pretend like they had one and get fkd.

But to my understanding, if you ctb your parts may not be used for donor or science. I didn't look deep into it though so I could be mistaken. I genuinely would like my bits and bobs to go to other bodies. Some of my parts really did well, and I like the idea of my organs benefiting someone better than me. May as well save someone with my leftovers.

It's not like I wanted to keep the body on to the next life anyway.