TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
i always come across tiktok videos about people like Aubreigh Wyatt and other young people who committed suicide. i get so upset that they had the balls to end their pain and im older than them and STILL haven't - its just so pathetic. thousands and thousands of people younger than me have managed to end it (incouding a SIX year old named Samantha Kuberiski). i honestly deserve to be in agony because how can a 6 year old do it and i can't?? i hate myself so much
Yes, I read the suicide section on the news everyday , literally someone new everyday. Mostly by either hanging or train tack. (Im in UK)

SI is extremely difficult

sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
there was a suicide of two women (friends) at a hotel. the article i read the news from went on and on about how stupid they were. (clearly written by some man as well, downplaying all women's issues, etc) testimonies from family turned into some mockery or bullying in the writing. and basically a whole lot of victim blaming for their suffering (mental illness, physical illness, loneliness) by this smug bastard. mentions of "stupid reason to end your life" bla bla bla. pissed me off.

plus. even more on topic with your thread. had a friend in 6th grade. he killed himself, aged 12. sometimes i think. he could do it. and you can't. literally a 12 year old can do it (hanging in a closet using bedsheets).

• Hmph!
Reactions: We Are Angels
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I don't truly feel positively about anyone unless I am truly familiar with their circumstances.

You don't have to beat yourself up about not being as brave as a kid. As stated above it's jot generally a matter of bravery. They tend to have less appreciation for the magnitude of what they're trying to do so bravery is even less in question. Sometimes if doing x is a sign of one trait, not doing x isn't a sign of its opposite. Running into a burning house to try to save its occupants would be brave but being unable to do that doesn't fairly make someone a coward.

TraumaEscapee:)

TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
I hate seeing news of suicide because it makes me feel sad that so many people are struggling and in pain.
I think also children are naive in the sense they're not worrying about pain. They may know about death but not enough about it to know it might be painful or the ins and outs of it. That's what makes them appear brave but sometimes it's easier to do something when you aren't completely aware of the consequences of your actions such as hanging could hurt etc. Kids play the choking game not expecting to die but some have. An adult wouldn't play that game knowing the risks associated with it.

N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
Yes, I read the suicide section on the news everyday , literally someone new everyday. Mostly by either hanging or train tack. (Im in UK)

SI is extremely difficult
I have to ask - a suicide section? Where do you live that you have that? Is it TV news or a newspaper?

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I hate seeing news of suicide, because I hate that we live in a world where there is so much suffering that so many people kill themselves just to make the suffering end.

I

ihateearth

Student
Apr 1, 2024
I do feel envy knowing they're gone and not here dealing with the motions of being a human. They don't have to eat drink cry be hurt sleep feel pain be betrayed be poor be rich pay taxes pay rent bills and grow old to disease and death.

Their light is out and they're free while I'm still trapped here trying to find a way out. I'm happy for them unless it's an older teenager or someone in their early 20s. If they made it that far, I hope they experience freedom away from home before ctb and become an adult.

Last edited:
Surai

Surai

Mar 26, 2024
I feel bad but envy those who were braver than me. Those who are free from their burdens unlike myself