DeathBySuicide

DeathBySuicide

Nov 30, 2020
Yeah, I hate it too. Ngl sometimes I'm guilty of leaving people on read, but that's only because I get too depressed to reply immediately.

Reactions: Bonkers
M

MBY85

Oct 21, 2020
Yes it makes me sad, I fell like nothing that I could said matters so I fell alone and meaningless.

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
ye, it's not fun.
I unfriended a lot of people on discord for this exact reason, no point in keeping them around.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Yes it makes me sad, I fell like nothing that I could said matters so I fell alone and meaningless.
That's how I'm feeling right now being left on read again by some other friends :(

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I guess I should be glad Discord private messages don't seem to have a "read" function ahaha..... :ahhha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Poured my heart out to my irl best friend and got left on read. Gotta love people. Oh well...all fun and games until I've had enough and do ctb. Then enter the people in my life who say "oh she should've reached out! That's too bad!"

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
The most first-world of all problems.

CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Every time I try to talk to someone new online, I have this fear. I just want to know you, please don't do this. After that I have to question if I should send a new message potentially coming off as desperate or say nothing and just never message them again.

• Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and Squiddy
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
The most first-world of all problems.
actually i think a bigger first world problem would be "mommy didnt buy me the new $2000 iphone im gonna throw a tantrum until i get it!!!!!"

while there are bigger problems in the world yes, unless its something thats clearly just the person being.....a person like the above mentioned phone example, i personally wouldnt make someone feel worse about already feeling bad that their friend is ignoring them. that does emotionally hurt and if you have a disorder like they mentioned, it hurts A LOT more then other people tend to take it, so youre kinda saying their disorders dont matter and neither do their feelings.
. Man fuck having BPD :(

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
actually i think a bigger first world problem would be "mommy didnt buy me the new $2000 iphone im gonna throw a tantrum until i get it!!!!!"

while there are bigger problems in the world yes, unless its something thats clearly just the person being.....a person like the above mentioned phone example, i personally wouldnt make someone feel worse about already feeling bad that their friend is ignoring them. that does emotionally hurt and if you have a disorder like they mentioned, it hurts A LOT more then other people tend to take it, so youre kinda saying their disorders dont matter and neither do their feelings.
I agree 100%. I do have other problems that are bigger, but this one is an add on to things that suck and contribute to me wanting to ctb :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
People are bastards.

• Yay!
Reactions: Mentalmick and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It's the story of my life. Really fucking irritating. To know that I don't even merit a "yes", "no", or even a "fuck you".

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
People are bastards.
They sure are. Especially that one person. You know who you are, and if I ever find out where you live I will pay you a visit and cover your cat in golden syrup, Then roll it in confetti.

Last edited:
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
They sure are. Especially that one person. You know who you are, and if I ever find out where you live I will pay you a visit and cover your cat in golden syrup, Then roll it in confetti.
Wtf? Award for most random threat, lol. I love it.

Reactions: Mentalmick
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
I personally can't stand it. I don't mind waiting for days to hear back, but no reply to a direct question or personal anecdote at all? Just stone cold silence stretching into months then years? If they make a habit of it, I just hit the eject button on the relationship. That sort of thing absolutely kills my mental health and I won't put up with other people's indifference/contempt any more than I have to.

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I personally can't stand it. I don't mind waiting for days to hear back, but no reply to a direct question or personal anecdote at all? Just stone cold silence stretching into months then years? If they make a habit of it, I just hit the eject button on the relationship. That sort of thing absolutely kills my mental health and I won't put up with other people's indifference/contempt any more than I have to.
I finally broke up with a "friend" of 14 years who does this shit. It's gratifying to know I'm far from alone, but that sure adds up to a ton of shitty ghosts in the world!

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame and Tragoedia Vitae
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
I finally broke up with a "friend" of 14 years who does this shit. It's gratifying to know I'm far from alone, but that sure adds up to a ton of shitty ghosts in the world!
It's a good thing that you did! It's better to banish ghosts rather than have them haunt your life indefinitely to no purpose (besides a whole lot of distress).

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame and Celerity
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
My new favourite is the 'half ghost': one reply but no more, even if that means the conversation is left hanging :I

Reactions: Celerity
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
My new favourite is the 'half ghost': one reply but no more, even if that means the conversation is left hanging :I
Oh I hate that one too. And then some might come back, apologize, claim they're "busy" and then ghost again, yet you might see them on social media

Reactions: Celerity and BluesRunTheGame