UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
I've yelped or winced in public a few times but fortunately no one's asked why.

Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I feel phantom pain alright...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and hungry_ghost
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Huh. I'm not sure I have or even that I understand what you're getting at. Could you explain "phantom pains" here? And what you mean by "previous SH"? Like are we talking about something still healing or long-past wounds?

Reactions: houseofleaves
UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
Huh. I'm not sure I have or even that I understand what you're getting at. Could you explain "phantom pains" here? And what you mean by "previous SH"? Like are we talking about something still healing or long-past wounds?
Long past wounds, it feels like physical pain but there's no longer any injury there. I used to do a lot of SH though.

• Wow
Reactions: waitingforrest and symphony
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain from a store called SH ? Nah, i just got it on steam.

• Yay!
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Occasionally, in my right hand. 15 years ago I had surgery on it and there is some titanium in there. Not sure what you mean by SH though?

UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
Occasionally, in my right hand. 15 years ago I had surgery on it and there is some titanium in there. Not sure what you mean by SH though?
self-harm

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Ahhhhh I see. Now I feel stupid, lol

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Phantom pain is usually attributed to people that have lost limbs or body parts.

If you still have pain in a part of your body that's been injured its just pain. I guess if it's fully healed and there's no scar then maybe it can be considered phantom pain. Quite unusual to attribute it to previous self harm though. It's not a phenomena I'm familiar with or have heards of before now. My inclination is to assume there must still be actual pain from scars. I'vw had a fair few injuries. Even been stabbed. There's some residual pain there at times but feom thw many cuts and bruises I can't say they've ever hurt since healing. Can't say I've hears of anyone wlse experiencing it either unless they damaged nerves!

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Sounds like there is an interesting story, now I want to hear about how you got stabbed.
Home invasion. Don't really want to say too much as it's a potential identifier. But yeah, got invaded and had to find a way to escape. When I did I think I got stabbed in the tussle but it could have happened any time during the invasion as it was quite violent. Adrenaline was pumping and didn't feel the stab wound. A cop found it when checking me over after I escaped. Hurts more now than it did then.

• Wow
Reactions: Pentobarbital_Plz, UnravelingWinter, BrokenBliss and 1 other person
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
Like they say :: suicidal ideation never leaves your system. Neither does lithium, love - or (thank the God's :: LSD!)
But the love thing :: in fact all feelings yeah they kinda return. Sometimes at the most mental moments.
Yeah I'm a seven shot a day speedball addict - finctional (ad exec / lover /house n farm and dysfunctional (arrest record /prison rape survivor) but my feelings are always there.
That's what I live (and ironically) am willing to die for. All power to you if you numb on psych meds. My ex was till he wasn't and then shot himself. I'd rather struggle with the ugly visceral truthfull emotions of this some time ugly some time beautiful life. It's the only way we learn...when it really fkn hurts...
☆ The emotional dharma wheelz gonna get you!

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
There have been a couple of occasions where I've felt it. It didn't really scare me, honestly just made me want to SH