• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
I find that watching documentaries about people who have committed suicide as cathartic when you're feeling like no one can relate. Especially docs about creative types like writers, artist and musicians, as they seem to suffer the most from depression. (Docs that feature creatives that live with depression or die accidentally from self medicating with drugs are welcome too).
I'm not going to include clinical documentaries that are trying to study suicide from a scientific point of view, but rather stories about actual people who have been through it. Would anyone have any recommendations?

Here's a few to get the list started:

• The Bridge
• Scattering CJ
• Montage of Heck (Kurt Cobain)
• Amy (Amy Winehouse)
• Mystify (Michael Hutchence)
• Boy Interrupted
• Roadrunner (Anthony Bourdain)
• Malfunkshun
27: Gone Too Soon
• In a Dream (2008)
• How To Draw A Bunny (Ray Johnson)
• Written Off
• How to Die in Oregon
• the Girl on the Bridge
• Loving Vincent
• Open Your Mouth and Say... Mr. Chi Pig
(Singer of SNFU that suffered from depression and mental illness)

Listen to this song first:

Last edited:
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
Really appreciate that you took the time to make a list. I would've also recommended the Amy Winehouse one but you already got that covered

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Not really a documentary, but rather a movie based on a real life occurrence: Conrad and Michelle. It's a good flick. Basically, the plot is Conrad is suicidal. Michelle eggs him on. Conrad kills himself by CO poisoning using a gas generator in his vehicle. Michelle gets charged and tried in court for her role in encouraging him.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
I haven't watched any of those, so I apologize if my suggestions are off-topic.

I think you can try to watch the videos/content of suicidal people (i.e., produced by themselves before the ... you know...). Personally, I find watching them (videos) intriguing because they are as unopinionated as it gets. This is a huge time because you have to connect the dots yourself, but that is the price you have to pay, unfortunately...

Reckful and Etika are the two prominent examples within the gaming world (I am definitely biased here).

dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
Really appreciate that you took the time to make a list. I would've also recommended the Amy Winehouse one but you already got that covered
All recommendations are welcome :)
McQueen, a documentary about the fashion designer Alexander McQueen, who hung himself.
Thank you, I'm definitely going to watch this.
I haven't watched any of those, so I apologize if my suggestions are off-topic.

I think you can try to watch the videos/content of suicidal people (i.e., produced by themselves before the ... you know...). Personally, I find watching them (videos) intriguing because they are as unopinionated as it gets. This is a huge time because you have to connect the dots yourself, but that is the price you have to pay, unfortunately...

Reckful and Etika are the two prominent examples within the gaming world (I am definitely biased here).
Great suggestion that I hadn't thought of.
Not really a documentary, but rather a movie based on a real life occurrence: Conrad and Michelle. It's a good flick. Basically, the plot is Conrad is suicidal. Michelle eggs him on. Conrad kills himself by CO poisoning using a gas generator in his vehicle. Michelle gets charged and tried in court for her role in encouraging him.
Since this is based on real life, it's relevant.

Last edited:
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Thank you for the suggestions. I am going to try and watch some of these.

• Love
Reactions: dreamking
dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
Although one of these short films isn't a documentary, I feel that it's important to shed some light on Assisted Suicide... As far as I know assisted suicide is not available to those who suffer from crippling depression or mental illness, but I personally believe that it should be a choice for everyone.

• Mammoth (available on Kanopy)
• "Be our guardian angel" Assisted death patient shares final hours (Youtube)

Reactions: Forveleth
dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
Although one of these short films isn't a documentary, I feel that it's important to shed some light on Assisted Suicide... As far as I know assisted suicide is not available to those who suffer from crippling depression or mental illness, but I personally believe that it should be a choice for everyone.

• Mammoth (available on Kanopy)
• "Be our guardian angel" Assisted death patient shares final hours (Youtube)

Here's a few more dealing with Assisted Suicide, but it's unclear whether or not the first example was a suicide assisted by medical professionals, or just her family. However, I think it's relevant due to the fact that this girl was suffering from extreme depression, and not cancer or some other non-mental disease. The second documentary gives me hope as it seems Canada is finally helping the severely depressed get relief. I'd like to find more examples of people suffering from chronic depression dying peacefully by assisted suicide, so if anyone has any, feel free to post them here in this thread.

A father stands by his daughter's choice to die | Letting You Go (YouTube)
Do You Want To Die Today? Inside Canada's Euthanasia Program (Youtube)

S

sadman710

Student
Mar 22, 2024
Some black metal / DSBM musicians committed suicide

Dead from Mayhem (If you know anything about him you know it was almost certain his destiny)
Jon Nödtveidt of Dissection (believed in suicide after peak, blew his head off around lit candles)
B of Lifelover (supposedly accidental OD, I think he staged it as an accident)
Obehag of Apati (methadone OD)
David Parland of Necrophobic, Dark Funeral (I believe hanging, might be incorrect)
Storm from Strid (jumped into a river)
I'm also going to name Valfar of Windir. Supposedly his was accidental freezing to death, but I've heard from some in the inner circle it was a planned suicide.

There are various readings and documentaries on these individuals.

dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
Some black metal / DSBM musicians committed suicide

Dead from Mayhem (If you know anything about him you know it was almost certain his destiny)
Jon Nödtveidt of Dissection (believed in suicide after peak, blew his head off around lit candles)
B of Lifelover (supposedly accidental OD, I think he staged it as an accident)
Obehag of Apati (methadone OD)
David Parland of Necrophobic, Dark Funeral (I believe hanging, might be incorrect)
Storm from Strid (jumped into a river)
I'm also going to name Valfar of Windir. Supposedly his was accidental freezing to death, but I've heard from some in the inner circle it was a planned suicide.

There are various readings and documentaries on these individuals.
I love Black Metal, and I'm familiar with a few of these artists. I'm going to seek out those documentaries... Thank you for the information! 🤘

Reactions: sadman710
S

sadman710

Student
Mar 22, 2024
I love Black Metal, and I'm familiar with a few of these artists. I'm going to seek out those documentaries... Thank you for the information! 🤘
"The Satanist decides of his own life and death and prefers to go out with a smile on his lips when he has reached his peak in life, when he has accomplished everything, and aim to transcend this earthly existence. But it is completely un-satanic to end one's own life because one is sad or miserable. The Satanist dies strong, not by age, disease or depression, and he chooses death before dishonor! Death is the orgasm of life! So live life accordingly, as intense as possible!"
-Jon Nödtveidt

He certainly lived by his words. I am miserable and sick and sad of this modern world. But this last month I have decided to live totally uninhibited without a care in the world. I'm drinking as much alcohol, doing whatever drug I have access to, spending money on whatever the fuck I want, driving as recklessly as I feel like (yet without harming anyone else) before I reach the point (whenever that is) that I decide enough is enough, I got what I wanted out of this shithole planet.

Last edited:
dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
"The Satanist decides of his own life and death and prefers to go out with a smile on his lips when he has reached his peak in life, when he has accomplished everything, and aim to transcend this earthly existence. But it is completely un-satanic to end one's own life because one is sad or miserable. The Satanist dies strong, not by age, disease or depression, and he chooses death before dishonor! Death is the orgasm of life! So live life accordingly, as intense as possible!"
-Jon Nödtveidt

He certainly lived by his words. I am miserable and sick and sad of this modern world. But this last month I have decided to live totally uninhibited without a care in the world. I'm drinking as much alcohol, doing whatever drug I have access to, spending money on whatever the fuck I want, driving as recklessly as I feel like (yet without harming anyone else) before I reach the point (whenever that is) that I decide enough is enough, I got what I wanted out of this shithole planet.
I appreciate the quote comrade... It has inspired me, and it was just what I needed. I too am beyond disgusted with this modern world. People have traded humanity for technology and don't give a shit about one another anymore. I've been depressed and hopeless for years now, but I think it's time to follow your example and be brave... Look in the face of the world and say "Fuck you"... Enjoy myself and go out in a blaze of glory with no regrets.

S

sadman710

Student
Mar 22, 2024
I appreciate the quote comrade... It has inspired me, and it was just what I needed. I too am beyond disgusted with this modern world. People have traded humanity for technology and don't give a shit about one another anymore. I've been depressed and hopeless for years now, but I think it's time to follow your example and be brave... Look in the face of the world and say "Fuck you"... Enjoy myself and go out in a blaze of glory with no regrets.
I hate it to be me. I don't want or intend to remotely influence or push anyone. This is just a part of my mindset. I just hope it's on purely your terms if you decide to, on your own will and circumstances. At the end of the day, I hope others that aren't me can find solace and continue on in this world and reach a natural death without CTB. But it's their choice at the end of the day. I wish you to find some peace in your world and continue on in life normally, mine has just turned to this point where I am where I'm at. I hope you can weigh your own circumstances outside my quote and words and find a solution outside CTB.

Last edited:
dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
I hate it to be me. I don't want or intend to remotely influence or push anyone. This is just a part of my mindset. I just hope it's on purely your terms if you decide to, on your own will and circumstances. At the end of the day, I hope others that aren't me can find solace and continue on in this world and reach a natural death without CTB. But it's their choice at the end of the day. I wish you to find some peace in your world and continue on in life normally, mine has just turned to this point where I am where I'm at. I hope you can weigh your own circumstances outside my quote and words and find a solution outside CTB.
I would say you inspired me more than influenced me... I just appreciate your point of view. I've lived with crippling depression for years now, and it destroyed my life... My marriage dissolved into divorce because I just couldn't function as a normal human. I lost my house, my job and pretty much anything I once valued. Most days I can't even get out of bed, let alone do anything I enjoy. I took that quote as a call to arms to at least try to live better until I decide to CTB. I hope I find a way forward, but it provides comfort knowing that if things don't get better, I can at least die on my own terms with a little dignity still intact. I wish you all the best with what time you have left in this shit hole of a world.

S

sadman710

Student
Mar 22, 2024
Here's a grim documentary that mainly explains the history of Black Metal, but also mentions suicides within this culture.

Until The Light Takes Us (YouTube)
Which brings me to one of my all time favorite tracks... from the album Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (If the light takes us)

Between the bushes we stared
At those who reminded us of another age
And told that hope was away
Forever
We heard elven song and
Water that trickled

What once was is now
Away
All the blood
All the longing and pain that
Ruled
And the emotions that could be stirred
Are away
Forever

We are not dead
We have never lived

• Love
Reactions: dreamking
dreamking

dreamking

Apr 21, 2022
Which brings me to one of my all time favorite tracks... from the album Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (If the light takes us)

Between the bushes we stared
At those who reminded us of another age
And told that hope was away
Forever
We heard elven song and
Water that trickled

What once was is now
Away
All the blood
All the longing and pain that
Ruled
And the emotions that could be stirred
Are away
Forever

We are not dead
We have never lived

Definitely one of the best Burzum tracks! I love the production and the hazy atmosphere of this song... Not to mention those lyrics