• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know two people from college who are suicidal. I might become friends with one of them. I am kind of scared that I might bring the story up where I spend my evenings when we talk about depression and suicidality. I don't want to guide people how to kill themselves. If they are determined they can make the research themselves but I am very hesitant to help them in that. I don't want that.

However this forum actually helps me to postpone my suicide. The person I think about has barely method knowledge. I don't know one day I might accidentally speak about it. This forum is part of my life and I think so much about it daily. And it helps me to cope with my suicidality.

I am scared about the second person. She might be part of this forum who knows. I heard her venting about the pro-life culture and I had to relate. Who knows maybe she is already part of the forum? However I doubt it this forum is not very known in Germany. Which decreases my paranoia to potentially be identified. I barely know here I will certainly not tell her about this place. This would also be way too risky for me. Others could treat me like a pariah and condemn me..

But these two led me to the question of the title. How would average suicidal people react to this forum? I once watched a German debate show (sort of trash) and there was one pro-life activist. She had depression in the past and recovered fully and argued assisted suicide must remain illegal because she would have taken the death pill if someone offered it to her. This was her argument against assisted suicide. Well there would be regulations for that. But I certainly would not waste my time and nerves to argument with such an ignorant person. The thought is highly solipsistic but I should keep calm. Debating such people online was terrible for my mental health.

This anecdote shall lead to the main question. What do you suspect what would average suicidal people think if they knew of the existence of this forum? The public seems to hate this forum due to the media reports. However I think the media hates this forum way more than the average Joe and Jane. Not all people are buying it. One of my closest friends was shown the Tantacrul video he drew the right conclusions that he means this forum. He read some comments where the people demonized this forum and how damaging it was for our society. He told me he sort of understands the concerns of both sides (he knows I am on her) but he insisted adults should have the right to discuss suicide without fear (of censorship and punishment). And this is simply based. In Germany there are many surveys about assited suicide and many people would welcome liberal assisted suicide. The elites in churches, media and politics want to keep us in stoneage with their restrictive laws that violate the court ruling of the highest court. My point is: many enlightened and humanist people appreciate the right to die as a human right and see through which cynical game the elites play with suicidal people. They force them to jump from bridges or push them into greyareas or illegal methods which are unsafe and scare the affected people as hell (Just as me).

So now again to the core question. Do you think this forum is appreciated by most suicidal people? How much percent? I am totally uncertain. It might depend on the country? There probably is no research on that. I know one woman who was suicidal I think I told her I am in a suicide forum and she judged me for it. Suicidal people who totally recovered might be glad not to have committed suicide. Maybe they develop a similar mindset as the woman in that debate show. But I think many people are able to to draw conclusion that go beyond their own experiences. I ask myself which characteristics or life experiences determine one's stance to suicide forums. Probably the same which determine one's take about suicide in general. For example if one had to witness how a loved person had to endure an undignified way of dying like dementia.

I just imagine the reaction. I am not sure. I would say the sympathy among suicidal people would be way higher than among the average person. (probably not all suicidal people would even admit that they have such thoughts- consider that suicide scientists who read this thread.)
Maybe also depressive people in general but to a way less degree. I think sometimes knowing there is an exit can give strength to fight on similar to my case. Maybe it would depend on the demographics . Young people might be more open toward it (?) and male people too.

I think I won't risk telling them but the hypothetical scenario made me think. Maybe there would be arguments needed or some sort of preparation for example by asking them which approach they have towards suicide.

Lol my head is exploding and I still cannot stop myself from floading this forum with my threads.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think a large percentage of suicidal people would find it helpful. Maybe 80%+. Some people I imagine want to fight their ideation, so may not be keen on it being so pro-choice. They may not want to be around such negativity and prefer bullshit platitudes and self help instead- who knows? Maybe they would find the recovery section helpful although- it still may be too pro-choice for them. I imagine some people- maybe religious people especially, simply don't want to allow themselves that choice and don't want to be tempted.

I did once allude to it to a friend who I know is suicidal. I guess I was thinking more in terms of being able to vent somewhere. They do a lot of that. To be honest though, as soon as I'd said it, I wondered how responsible that was- because of the method information. As it was- they thought it sounded really dodgy and dangerous and asked no more about it. Probably for the best. I agree with you- I think it needs to be up to the individual if they want to research how to CTB to find the information themselves.

W

whateverr

-
Oct 19, 2021
I would have accepted this at most points in my fight with suicidality, but definitely not all. Unfortunately, I could have really used this place back when I was 17 and made a very strong attempt at suicide that I am still surprised actually failed. There were definitely times in my teens and twenties where I would have avoided this place, but probably 70%-80% of the time would have viewed it positively.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I can't say how most suicidal people would react to this site but my perspective is that whether you need support, a community, detailed guidelines and methods to avoid doing it wrong and facing the lifelong consequences of a failed attempt, or just as a voyeur so you can see that you're not a freak and that there are other people out there who you can relate to ... this is a great resource and more suicidal people should discover it. The media and SaSu's detractors just talk about the suicide part of the site but there's a recovery section and an off topic section as well as a chat room. I think this is the place sad people come to realize that they're not alone and sometimes to say goodbye. Is the world out there giving them that? No

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Not as high as you might think. Many suicidal people want to be coddled and would be offended by method advice.
Yeah, back in the day on Reddit, you could see this behavior firsthand. This is where people get the idea that suicidal people are just attention-seekers.

I do have to admit though that I basically read and post on this forum to feel less lonely, so I am not too different from these people after all, just perhaps less needy.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Not sure why the pro-life activist cares that she would've been dead. She wouldn't be suffering either way, it's just a question of whether she's happy in life or neutral in nothingness. That is, if you believe in a nothingness.