• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you think working 9-5 for 5 days a week is too strenuous ?

• No, those hours are a piece of cake 🎂

• It's just perfect 🧘

• Yes , but I can manage 😩

• Yes , It's too extreme 🥵

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
If Yes, What do you think are the perfect hours and do you think if you were mentally/physically healthy you would find it easier to fulfill those hours ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JustLain

JustLain

God in the making
Jun 15, 2023
I'm a NEET but all the science and experiments done across the world say 8 hours 5 days is too much and is unnecessary. I think we should strive for a 20-hour work week being normalized, maybe 24 hours in 3 days being a golden standard, especially as we grow more and more in automation. though, we have had an increase in automation in the past 50 years and nothing has changed, so I won't hold my breath.

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
I struggle with 1 hour a week sometimes. I just can't face work most of the time. It's too stressful and often I dread it with a passion even if it's doing something I might relatively speaking enjoy. I just hate the pressure. The demands. The fact that I have to live up to someone else's expectations, on their schedule, and that I have to communicate, interact with other people. It's too much

lokabe82

lokabe82

To infinity and beyond
Jun 16, 2023
I've been working since I was in high school and I have ALWAYS complained about it (even now), but to me a 9-5 would be a dream. I never work less than 9 hours a day so to be able to go in, put in my 8 hours, and then leave would melt so much stress away. Work distracts me from my thoughts sometimes and it's the only place where people are glad that I actually showed up.

mazzy

mazzy

Evil cannot be undone
Jun 30, 2023
I work from 8-whenever I finishing cleaning, I'm a houskeeper. It's the second hotel I've worked at and this one is so much worse. It's very busy so everyday I'm cleaning over 20 rooms and have been getting off around 6:30pm these days, when I used to get off at 2:00pm. Work used to be a distraction but now I find myself needing a distraction from work. Not to mention my GM is keen on yelling at the housekeeping staff. Overall I'm struggling but I'm still here.

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
9 - 5? More like 8 - 6. If it was just lounging around it's okay. But constant stress and expectations would kill anyone. I don't know if I was unlucky with toxic work environments or that's just tech in general.

Then you got unbilled overtime, thinking about work outside pay, talking about work, talking to coworkers in emergency texts, etc.

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
I think we should have more time for life than work, so more days off in a week than days worked basically. I think it should be a 24hr/week, 3 days worked, 4 days off.
I think this hustle culture is more so an American thing. I've heard of some other Americans who go to countries with a lower cost of living and they say that people over there in those other cultures don't live for work, but they work to live. So basically they don't work their whole day and they still have time to actually live their life.

That's why I'm planning on working remote and making American money, but living in a cheaper country bc America is ran like a business and they don't rly care about our well being, they only see numbers on a spreadsheet and the growth of stocks.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Depends what the job is and whether you enjoy it... I think people should be as free as possible to work the hours that suite them. Obviously it's down to money though. Of course- I'd love it if everyone was paid enough to be able to work less.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Isn't working for strangers, doing something totally unrelated to ones own life a rather strange concept? Then people get paid, but only after wasting time on totally irrelevant tasks.

Reactions: sserafim
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
It is .
In economies of scale you always scratch somebody else's back and somebody else will scratch yours. Only if someone is stranded in an island will they eat what they have hunted and live in what they have built .
Both sides of the cold war are based on economics. No matter which side wins, people are going to scratch other people's back. If lucky, some may be able to have other people scratch their backs in return.

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
In my experience, this is very job-dependent. At my current job, I would say that I can cope with 40 even if I would prefer at least 5 fewer hours. At my last job, working in such a controlled environment doing tedious work with my micromanaging boss, every single day was a struggle.

The less tedium and the more my work can stay "fresh", the easier it is to work the long hours. With terrible coworkers and abusive management, no kind of work for any kind of money is worth it.