• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you think there are good and bad reasons to CTB ?

• All reasons are good reasons .💯

• Some might be good reasons and some might be bad .🎭

• No reason is a good reason to CTB .🔴

• Unsure .🤔

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
There are multitudes of reasons people are suicidal . In most cases it's a combination . Do you think there are good and bad reasons (or their combination) that people wish to CTB for ?
Why did you come to the conclusion that you did ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

…
Jul 10, 2023
No. There is no such thing as a good reason or a bad reason to ctb. Everyone's reasoning to die is valid, no one can handle things the same way. Just because someone can get over something does not at all mean someone else can.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I respect people's decision to choose ultimately, although I do think it's important to advice people to act rationally and understand how consequential death is. It's not something to be romanticized (not that it can't be for some people unfortunately) If someone truly wants to CBT they're going to iregardless of what people say; which should always be sympathy and hope for the best outcome for them.

D

duality_

Sep 19, 2023
It's up to each and every individual person... There are no bad reasons.... Only thing I can maybe think of is that it's well thought out, that you've truly contemplated it and came to the conclusion that this is the right choice

Reactions: Skathon
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, suicide is something that never needs to be justified, to suggest such a thing pushes the view that existence is automatically a desirable state and something of value which to me it could never be.

Suicide could never be "bad" as one cannot be harmed by not existing, all that is bad is as a result of existence, and existence is something very bad, it's the ultimate cause of all harm and suffering with no limit as to how much one can be tormented, I personally see it as better to cease existing under all circumstances because of this.

And death is the most normal thing anyway, we will all die whether there is a reason behind it or not, so I don't even understand the view that ceasing to exist on one's own terms supposedly needs to be justified. Nobody is obligated to continue enduring this existence for even a second longer than they wish to, it's a personal decision when to leave, it's not something for other people to interfere in because of their own personal feelings.

MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
My take :
Human suffering is real , no matter the reason behind it . However the degree of suffering and whether the root cause has a solution in sight or not , is what makes CTB reasons good or bad .
No. There is no such thing as a good reason or a bad reason to ctb. Everyone's reasoning to die is valid, no one can handle things the same way. Just because someone can get over something does not at all mean someone else can.
Every cause may trigger varying degrees of suffering in different people .I certainly see your point and I partially agree.
However it should also depend on whether the root cause is objectively solvable or at least offers hope for the future or not . What if the sufferer can get over things but they don't know or believe in it. eg. Someone just going through a divorce may try to CTB because at that moment it feels like the end of the world , someone talks him out of it. later he cools down, heals and life goes back to normal . Most people don't go through this extreme of a suffering where they try to CTB, this person did, but there was hope for him and that's why his reasoning behind CTB was bad .

Last edited:
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
Some suicides have obviously contrived reasons, such as getting good mark instead of excellent one at a school or a fear of an inadequately estimated future reaction of others on something.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
All personal reasons why someone may consider suicide are valid reasons that can eventually lead to CTB in the end.

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i wont say theyre outright not valid, i try to not be a judgmental dick like that, but i tend to think impulse ctb attempts should be paused and reevaluated when at least some rationale has returned. deep thought should go to permanent ends to avoid potential regret