• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Do you think most "normal" people have Stockholm syndrome?

There's been times i've foolishly opened up to people in the past and told them exactly how i feel. There's been times people genuinely seemed shocked and sometimes even disgusted that i hate what they call "life"

People seem to see it as a wonderful gift that should be cherished. i've often wondered am i my own problem. Is my perspective wrong? Am i just being ungrateful?

The more time passes the more information i discover. i often observe to gain a better understanding. i can't ignore the facts that are so plain to see, yet it seems most people refuse to even look at the facts. They don't want to understand. i couldn't count the times people have tried to sell me a better scenario that might come one day. Might isn't good enough. People soon get annoyed when others assume, yet it's completely fine to assume someones "life" will magically get better for some reason. The fact is everything we know will decay at some point, that is certain.

At the moment a lot of the lyrics in I Get Out - Lauryn Hill really resonates with me.

Why is it so difficult for people to accept reality? If this were a simulation like the matrix Agent Smith wouldn't even need to exist when it's full of people in love with the lie.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah I think they have Stockholm Syndrome from life. It's evident from the fact that they believe that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and they view suffering as something noble.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Honestly I cannot understand anyone who sees existence as desirable, it's insane to me how many worship something so cruel and futile as existence, to me existence is something so evil as it's the source of all suffering.
I cannot stand people like that with their toxic positivity, I bet it would be different if they ended up in a situation where they suffer so extremely as after all there's no limit as to how much agony one can feel in this existence and that's why it's so hellish. Existence is just meaningless suffering, nobody can really deny that this world is filled with suffering with endless potential for it.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️: For me as an individual, I simply derive more pleasure, satisfaction and happiness on a day-to-day basis than I do pain, displeasure and discomfort. I can't speak for others and I don't claim to. But for myself, I am grateful for the life I have lived. I try to share that love and joy with others around me. But again, this is me as an individual. I cannot pontificate on how others feel or perceive. I don't discount anyone's subjective experiences and I know that my personal experience is distinct from others. I certainly have experienced and will continue to experience times of pain and hardship. But I try to strive for 80% of my life to be heaven on earth. I want to learn as much as possible and experience as much as possible and to love as much as possible. But thats just me.

• Love
Reactions: apeaceofmind
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It could be more of a case of positively-biased thinking being a survival strategy, both for individuals and for cultures.

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally, I've found that most people living lives that look more like a hostage situation- trapped in jobs they hate and are paid terribly for, suffering with mental/physical ill health, not able to become financially independent from their parents- those people don't love life! I suspect they tolerate it for the same reasons we do. That it isn't easy to suicide. That they don't want to leave their loved ones. They may also be better at distracting themselves in their downtime but I imagine they're not so many steps from us.

Other 'normies' may actually genuinely enjoy life though. If they were lucky enough to have been born with strengths in industries that pay well, they may be doing a job that they enjoy and are paid well to do. They may have good health and a loving family. They may have had a good childhood. If you happen to have more things going for you in life- it's going to be easier to genuinely enjoy it- surely? I don't think that's all them being delluded. It's chance to a greater extent- the genes they got, whether they were well supported emotionally and financially, whether they got the breaks in life, whether they had the confidence to look for them and go for them. I'd say the vast majority of people here have had pretty hard knocks in life that have held them back a lot. Some of us will maybe never reach our potential because of them.

Also bear in mind- if we're talking about 'Stockholm Syndrome', some of those 'happier' people are going to be our captors! They are the prison guards! I'm sure it's much easier to be happy in this kind of world if you are a sociopath with no empathy and you climb to the top!

But yeah- I think it's perfectly possible though. I don't say this to him but my Dad will go on and on in response to me complaining about work- about how much he hated his job. How hard things were financially for them. (All to say- you have it so much easier- which no doubt, I do.) But it's like- you're painting a really ugly picture there. But you knew right- you could see how hard life is- yet- you still thought bringing a child here- a further financial burden would be a good idea? More meat for the grinder huh?

In that case- yes- I think people must be so blindly lead by their urge to reproduce and familial/societal pressure to produce offspring that they push out more slaves for the system. If they know the situation is bad and they must do if they complain about it so profusely, then yeah- it does seem like Stockholme Syndrom and worse: 'Don't just imprison me- here, you can have my children too!'

Reactions: sserafim