LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Sure, as much as possible and practicable, irl and in any other way.

It's wrong to be confined to one space with people constantly worrying about losing access to it or not having enough funds for N; peaceful death should be accessible and available as part of standard healthcare services.
Yup, so long as they're alive lol, that's the other issue, a lot of us don't last long, so our efforts are fleeting.

I agree, only having a single corner to discuss such matters is dangerous because it puts all of our eggs into one basket..and if that basket gets tossed, yikes, we will be scrambling.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
However, there are exceptions, like that boy who hacked one of Hugoc Chavez's bank accounts and emptied all the money that was there
Never knew, that's interesting. I hope he was the robin hood type of person. Hacking should only be used for the good of others. Like if someone hacked into my bank account and added a few zeros, I'd suddenly become very bad at math and not know that there's a difference between 100 000 and 100 000 000, and isn't being bad at math a positive thing? Haha.

Honestly though, I don't fear an average journalist. And people who can hack, are often young boys (like your example) who don't care about doxing suicidal people.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Never knew, that's interesting. I hope he was the robin hood type of person.
In fact, the boy was manipulated by a group of people that I will not mention, to commit said act with the intention of stealing and profiting, however, the boy was detained by the authorities and apparently he is still alive and is forced to work for him. government in exchange for not taking him to prison

• Aww..
  • Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, symphony and Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
In fact, the boy was manipulated by a group of people that I will not mention, to commit said act with the intention of stealing and profiting, however, the boy was detained by the authorities and apparently he is still alive and is forced to work for him. government in exchange for not taking him to prison
I feel sorry for the boy in that case. No one should be manipulated or forced like that. I hope he can escape and begin a new life somewhere else.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Do I think journalists will doxx common members in the future? No.

When the founders of SS were doxxed, that wasn't done by the journalists. That was part of some larger operation that also included bias journalism as part of it's assault.

The journalists salaries don't depend on how much useful or accurate info they provide to the public- rather, their salaries depend on how well they fulfill their employers' expectations.

There is surveillance and gathering of information. Whether or not that leads to more journalism and 'doxxing' in the true sense of the word, would depend on the benefits to the agendas of whoever is behind that.

Reactions: Manaaja
C

CreatifUsrnam

Mar 22, 2022
Do you think they will will also try to doxx average SS members?

No. There's 20k members here. They have much better things to be doing.

That being said though, try not to reveal too much information on the site, just in case.

symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Just read through this thread, and wow, what a scary possibility. I agree it seems pretty unlikely, but it's still within the realm of possibility, and could cause a lot of damage to anyone caught up in the cross-fire (likely primarily long-time and active members) if it happened. Personally, I could imagine my career being ruined, which might just be enough to push me over the edge to ctb if I happened to still be alive to begin with.

To shift the discussion somewhat, I'd appreciate if people more tech-savvy than me could provide further tips on keeping our digital anonymity secure.

Reactions: Cathy Ames and walt
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
No, they wouldn't be allowed to. That sounds just open season for a lawsuit.

Probably some shitty tabloid yeah.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
They would have nothing to gain from additional information on the users other than to sow fear and discord, possibly even more deaths. If they were to miraculously dox me then I would just let them know how much the mental health care system in whatever country does not help people with certain conditions and situations, that even though they're well meaning with good intentions, they're not actively listening to us. And just like the media, they'll turn and twist it around that I'm an ungrateful fuck that doesn't appreciate life. Also some people, me included are too far gone to be fixed and we're just here passing the time doing what we can to remotely stay alive.

FT26 do not have the technological savvy to dox people, they can hire people or private investigators but could you imagine them telling a professional, "Hey could you expose this suicidal person for us to prove a point?" No one wants that shit on their conscience let alone a lawsuit that a dox pushed you over the edge.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm convinced they will doxx me and I'm not paranoid at all. I can see it now: "look at this evil bastard talking bollocks in off-topic! Lawmakers pls."

• Yay!
Reactions: Symbiote
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Any lawyers reading this?

Question: if a regular member gets doxxed, looses job etc even though they came here for genuine reasons (ctb). Could they then go and sue journalist/company? Like "hey I came here cos I was suicidal and not hurting anyone and now you've accelerated that by ruining my life and putting me in danger. I demand compensation"

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I am not sure about it. The NYT doxxed the founders of this website. But they argumented it was a contribution to the common good. At least I think so. In my country this is the standard when reporting about someone who is not famous. It must be in the interest of the society to report about an individual. This is kind of the ethical standard. Though you could argue whether the media really abides by it.

I think on the twitter account of fixthe26 I saw a article with a title that implied it would be good to doxx every single member of this website. This would be the best/only way to stop this website. I am not sure how many journalists agree to that. I am sure there are also a lot of people who suffer a lot and are just dependent on this website. On this website there are a lot of vulnerable people. I think many would kill themselves when getting doxxed. (I think I would consider that too.) I ask myself what the answer would be for many journalists to this dilemma. I am ambivalent about it. Would they really doxx every single member or just the ones who they consider as evil. Probably different journalists would have different answers to that. I could well imagine they make a trade-off. It is not that bad if some people die due to our reporting when we can save other more innocent/ or in genral more people with our actions. I could imagine this was more or less the consideration of the NYT. But this is only my conclusion I might be wrong.

C and FT26 have recently doxxed me a 5th time and laughed/mocked me. I plan on filing a report with what they've done to me to the UK police.. the reason im using acronyms for their names is cause I'd get doxxed again ,its tiring ,they know i have autism and this is what they do..

This shot was some days ago.. i got upset and cried silently in bed..

PLEASE BE EXTREMLY CAREFUL EVEN ON FB ,THEY'LL LOOK IN TO GROUPS YOURE IN TO FIND INFO ON YOU !!

20220322 000049

• Hmph!
Reactions: Crazy4u
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
C and FT26 have recently doxxed me a 5th time and laughed/mocked me. I plan on filing a report with what they've done to me to the UK police.. the reason im using acronyms for their names is cause I'd get doxxed again ,its tiring ,they know i have autism and this is what they do..

PLEASE BE EXTREMLY CAREFUL EVEN ON FB ,THEY'LL LOOK IN TO GROUPS YOURE IN TO FIND INFO ON YOU !!

View attachment 89020
I am sorry you have to deal with this. Good luck on filing a report! Bullying a suicidal and autistic person is encouraging suicide imo.
No. There's 20k members here. They have much better things to be doing.

That being said though, try not to reveal too much information on the site, just in case.
They don't have better things to do. They are obsessed with ss

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I think the biggest risk is a data breach of the web site, sort of like the epik data breach. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Epik_data_breach

In that case, a database would be publicly available with (I guess) the users' email addresses, IPs, and anything else provided when signing up. People with time on their hands could maybe track down some of the people just by googling the email addresses and seeing the cities listed for the IP addresses. Personally, I am 100% identifiable down to mailing address (which is the house where I live) and cell phone number if anyone has my primary email i.d. Oops. [No, I didn't use that one when I signed up here, but....]

I know when the epik breach happened all kinds of people had all kinds of fun with the data. Maybe one of the people who knows more than I do can speak to this likelihood?

Slightly weirded out seeing that the twitter account has disappeared now. Perhaps she was reported for revealing private info? Definitely creeped out seeing them share screenshots from this site. Yuck.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Smart No More and CreatifUsrnam
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
They might take time to doxx users that directly engage with them, but not everyone. Even if they had the skill, the effort just wouldn't pay off. Most of us aren't that interesting, even if you put a pro-life spin on our posts. They'll have to go through dozens if not hundreds of accounts asking if paracetamol overdose is effective, posting suicide memes, playing counting game and arguing about politics before they'll find something even remotely sensational enough to justify a couple of lines in a scathing article.

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I am sorry you have to deal with this. Good luck on filing a report! Bullying a suicidal and autistic person is encouraging suicide imo.
I looked on the police website i didnt really know what to press n stuff so im wait for a day that im out and call the number idk

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Any lawyers reading this?

Question: if a regular member gets doxxed, looses job etc even though they came here for genuine reasons (ctb). Could they then go and sue journalist/company? Like "hey I came here cos I was suicidal and not hurting anyone and now you've accelerated that by ruining my life and putting me in danger. I demand compensation"
I'm going to contact a lawyer and ask this question. I'll try and update with their reply.

• Love
Reactions: Passersby, Smart No More and Crazy4u
B

Burner1234

Jul 26, 2022
I think so, yes. If they can get enough info to connect the dots, they'll likely go for it.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I am not sure about it. The NYT doxxed the founders of this website. But they argumented it was a contribution to the common good. At least I think so. In my country this is the standard when reporting about someone who is not famous. It must be in the interest of the society to report about an individual. This is kind of the ethical standard. Though you could argue whether the media really abides by it.

I think on the twitter account of fixthe26 I saw a article with a title that implied it would be good to doxx every single member of this website. This would be the best/only way to stop this website. I am not sure how many journalists agree to that. I am sure there are also a lot of people who suffer a lot and are just dependent on this website. On this website there are a lot of vulnerable people. I think many would kill themselves when getting doxxed. (I think I would consider that too.) I ask myself what the answer would be for many journalists to this dilemma. I am ambivalent about it. Would they really doxx every single member or just the ones who they consider as evil. Probably different journalists would have different answers to that. I could well imagine they make a trade-off. It is not that bad if some people die due to our reporting when we can save other more innocent/ or in genral more people with our actions. I could imagine this was more or less the consideration of the NYT. But this is only my conclusion I might be wrong.

If they do.... I'm out of here. Not S.S. just life. That will be the final straw. :angry::hmph::angry: