• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Exactly. I love how 90% of the people on a site who are pissed off about getting their rights taken away are for other people's rights being taken away.
Smh
Edit: and that's why we can't have nice things generally
And I love how you're assuming things about me just from reading 1 post. Never have I ever said anything about taking ppls freedom away. Why would I want that anyway? It's not like we have any freedom to begin with, smh
-_-

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
For my own sanity, I wouldn't be replying to any more comments here. I've played this game before and it doesn't end well. Hope everyone has a great day.

Reactions: Ash and BrainShower
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
I don't see the contradiction in that. I don't think crackheads should be allowed to purchase firearms, per say. Unreasonable "rights" lead to mayhem.
And "rights" which are taken away by any more privileged people are not rights at all.
And I love how you're assuming things about me just from reading 1 post. Never have I ever said anything about taking ppls freedom away. Why would I want that anyway? It's not like we have any freedom to begin with, smh
-_-
I didn't assume anything about you, personally. Just making a statement about what I've seen on this site over the last 4 months. Please don't take it personally at all, I'm sure you are a wonderful person

Last edited:
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
And that's why we need significantly better systems to help, support and protect children (all vulnerable dependents). But speaking generally, yes, I firmly believe that all women should have the right to make her own decisions about her own fertility.

And that includes women like myself who had to fight tooth and nail to have a hysterectomy when I was younger because the system assumed I would regret it later on. Spoiler alert: no desire to have children; no more agonisingly painful and scarily heavy periods that lasted for two weeks or longer; no regrets.

It also includes women I know who went through round after round of expensive IVF and so many miscarriages before finally carrying a baby to term. I might privately think they should have adopted but that's my opinion, not my right to make that decision or judge another woman for her choices.
I hate to say it, but humanity is a lost cause. Honestly though, can we just agree to disagree? I hate politics tbh.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
For my own sanity, I wouldn't be replying to any more comments here. I've played this game before and it doesn't end well. Hope everyone has a great day.
I'm feeling that rn

• Hugs
Reactions: INTJme
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
And "rights" which are taken away by any more privileged people are not rights at all.

I didn't assume anything about you, personally. Just making a statement about what I've seen on this site over the last 4 months. Pleas don't take it personally at all, I'm sure you are a wonderful person
Sorry, I just don't like discussing politics and get rly enraged about it. Thanks for being so nice about it though, I appreciate it :)
Honestly I agree. I hate politics to begin with, so let's just end the discussion here.

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
Stepping out too.

(Edited to delete the rest of what I said as I wasn't thinking and I regret that now. If only Life had an edit button. šŸ¤¦)

Last edited:
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Sorry, I just don't like discussing politics and get rly enraged about it. Thanks for being so nice about it though, I appreciate it :)

Honestly I agree. I hate politics to begin with, so let's just end the discussion here.
Yes I hate politics as well and totally agree to stfu about it, sorry and hope you have a pleasant evening/ day.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Let's say theoretically I had a child. The first issue is my shit genetics - looks wise I'd be classed as fine however the depression, autism, cancer - it's fucked. Nobody ever thinks about this stuff before having a child. The second is resources - if your child cannot excel in things they like being creative, enjoy naturing, being with animals then what's the point? Shuf them into the school prison indoctrination system - yeah that'll make them turn out ok lol.

Third and this is most important - you are overwhelmed by people who are in the first two brackets. They are creating more spiteful mutants so you are constantly at a battle to stop your child interacting with these spiteful mutants. You basically have to control the environment enough that everything is stimulating in a creative sense but it's not a prison. Sort of like how intelligent birds love their bonded owners, their cage for sleep, the interactions daily, singing songs, dancing, hopping around. Most people would say it's a prison but nature is probably worse due to human interaction/destruction. The amount of people I see have a smoke in the car and throw the bud out their window is just ridiculous (in London). I would love to go to their home and every cigarette they had hide it somewhere until it built up so they couldn't live. Sub human pieces of shit. Just hold it and bin it later or something. At least fuxking TRY. Unless you are complete disabled then I get but I haven't seen anyone severely disabled smoking.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
On a lighter note, I hate politics so much I got a master's degree in it :ahhha:
Atleast we can agree on something haha XD
Stepping out too. Just spilt my tea and had to stop myself doing an impulsive CTB attempt. šŸ¤¦
Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause you any harm. I just can't help but get the urge to reply if I rly disagred with something, witch never ends well with how bad I am at containing myself when discussing politics. Even if we disagree, you're still my friend. A single opinion isn't going to change my view on anybody. Is there anything I can do to make things better again? I'm sorry :(

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
On a lighter note, I hate politics so much I got a master's degree in it :ahhha:
mom son GIF

Lol

AkitoSad

AkitoSad

Mar 30, 2024
So if a woman is a psychopath or a narciccist (not saying the op is one, by any means!), should they still be allowed to choose wether they want a child they can abuse or not? Would that still be morally right? Coz that's practically what you're saying right now. You need to try to see every aspect of things. Besides, how would it be humane for a child to grow up in a society with sky high expectations, messed up mental health system, a government that doesn't give a shit about you etc.?
You ever wonder why ppl get suicidal at the age of 4?
(I'm not exaggarating, read the "when was the first time you felt suicidal" thread and you'll see what I mean)
Doesn't that say anything about society to you?
It depends on case to case though. The woman might end up being a wonderful mother that raises 2 kids that never end up feeling suicidal and have a pretty fulfilling lives or it could be a drunk alcoholic mother that neglects the child. I half-agree with anti-natalism but I don't think its the worst thing in the world to reproduce. A lot of people are born into poverty and perhaps are better off leaving this earth of their own volition but shouldn't they be allowed to see if the world is good or for them.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
no its terrible, and you probably only want to bring a child into this world so you can raise it your way and "prove" that you are a good person because you are somewhat insecure about that

But I dont think anyone should have a say on bringing another human into this world, especially with all the physical problems they could have

also people dont want an actual offspring, they want a vessel of a child that they can look at and go "cuuutteee" and control for their whole lives, and then they gain consciousness and the parents scream at them and abuse them because they aren't what their idea of a "perfect" child is

Also theres the chance that you have twins or triplets or more, which is another thing people don't think about when they only want one baby
People want a retirement fund and someone to care and provide for them in old age. They want someone to place their unfulfilled dreams on. They want a trophy to show off to others. Having a child is always for selfish reasons. It's always to satisfy the parents' wants and desires, even if it's to nurture, raise or care for something, it's because the *parent* wanted to. It's never for the good of the child. This is why procreation is selfish and immoral (in my opinion.)
I don't think it's fair that one has to go through an entire existence of suffering simply because whimsical women find it endearing. Antinatalism is a matter of ethics, not individual freedom.
Literally. There's no reason to have children that isn't selfish. The most selfish thing is that the child couldn't even consent to being born. It was born because the parents wanted it to be. This violates someone's consent, freedom and autonomy. No one could consent to being born, and this doesn't make it fair

Last edited:
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
To do well while living with a mental illness, you need a stress-free, comfortable way of life.

If someone has a history of mental illness, trauma, abuse, personality disorders, or an inability to support themselves, they should not have children. The best thing you can do for your bloodline is to get a vasectomy or tubal ligation!

The world is not fucked up! :blarg:
People are fucked up, and they keep producing more fucked up people to perpetuate the generational dysfunction!

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Yes, antinatalism is a matter of ethics, but personal ethics, and it's upon the individual to make the right choice for themselves. Individual liberty cannot be bypassed when talking about ethics because... where's the ethic in that?
Everyone's individual liberty was bypassed when they were brought into existence. No one was able to consent to being born. We didn't even have a choice. The parents made the choice for the child, who cannot consent to it.
Exactly. I love how 90% of the people on a site who are pissed off about getting their rights taken away are for other people's rights being taken away.
Smh
Edit: and that's why we can't have nice things generally
By procreating, you're taking someone else's rights away. *You* are the one choosing to bring them into existence. They can't consent to it, so you're basically imposing existence onto them. Someone wrote a comment how we were all basically existentially r*ped, and this is true. We were all brought into existence without a choice

Last edited:
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i think you should have a bunch of qualifications, legal terms all that and more. psych exams, couple therapy - much more than what qualifies you for vad.

you take a pet and you are kind of pushed to spay or neuter them. that's f'd up. maybe people should be too.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, it's evil and unacceptable, I find it absolutley horrifying how humans so cruelly procreate even know nobody can suffer from never existing at all yet there is literally no limit as to how much agony one can feel in this hellish, repulsive world.
Procreation isn't a personal choice, no it's just harming other people, to me procreation is so evil as it's the source of all human suffering, how could one be so selfish and lack so much awareness to commit the crime of imposing existence, more than anything I wish I never existed at all.
It's really disgusting to impose the futile and torturous burden that is human existence onto others, simply being conscious and aware with the ability to suffer to extreme amounts is an abomination.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Offā€¦.
Sep 27, 2023
No.
I have a child. I had wanted to adopt but knew the hoops I'd have to jump through to please authorities, the scrutiny and bullshit of systems. I just couldn't be arsed in the end.

Adopting is definitely the more ethical choice though. Procreating is like buying from a breeder when the rescue shelters are full.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
To do well while living with a mental illness, you need a stress-free, comfortable way of life.

If someone has a history of mental illness, trauma, abuse, personality disorders, or an inability to support themselves, they should not have children. The best thing you can do for your bloodline is to get a vasectomy or tubal ligation!

The world is not fucked up! :blarg:
People are fucked up, and they keep producing more fucked up people to perpetuate the generational dysfunction!
The term is called spiteful mutants

• Yay!
Reactions: Little_Suzy
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think that, at best, having a child can only be morally neutral and that's only the best case scenario. I say this whilst acknowledging that many people do enjoy life as, if they were never born to begin with, their happiness and time spent on this earth wouldn't even matter as non existent people can't wish for life... that's just incoherent. However, as of right now, having a child really is a massive gamble and, even if many people do enjoy life, there isn't any issues that procreation solves that it doesn't first create. There is no reason to give birth to a child for that child's sake and that's a fact due to the asymmetry caused via emotions that can be experienced (or lack thereof) between non existence and existence

People will always decide to procreate as that's how evolution and genetics is designed to be. Hence why I think that allowing euthanasia for those who don't want to participate in life is a good enough thing to implement that will sort of tip the scales in the right direction. Of course life would still be unfair and shitty but having the option to quit it at any time mitigates the amount of people who will be affected by said unfairness

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
No.
That's imposing a lifetime of suffering on a sentient being.

Life and extreme torture was imposed on me

I never wanted to live/ exist / be conscious.

I wish I were never born. Nobody has a right to impose suffering on another individual.

Having children is a horrible crime

Last edited:
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Generally speaking, people's responses to such questions are often biased as a result of their own upbringing, which is fine because there are definitely valuable perspectives to be found on both the sides. Personally, I don't believe there's any objective answer to this question; it's merely a combination of one's upbringing and luck that can determine a possible answer, with the luck factor being more important than one may think; because no matter how good of a parent someone is, there are some factors that simply cannot be controlled, I, for instance was thankfully raised by two loving parents, but that still didn't stop me from picking up a blade and running it through my skin, and now here I'm, on this website, trying to find a way out... and my case relatively very tame, there are many other things that can go wrong, especially in the world we live in today; In that case, procreation does seem immoral, but there's also a good chance of your child growing up to be a wonderful and caring soul and, more importantly, be content with their own life; I think ForgottenAgain said it the best...

Your life may have been terrible but that doesn't mean your child's will be. Especially if you want to give them what you didn't have and you're capable of being a good parent.

I don't hold such views that the world is horrible or that life is horrible. Life is horrible for some people, bad circumstances. Life is great for a lot of other people, good circumstances. I think having a child can bring a lot of meaning to one's life and can provide a source of love and care for someone else. Watching that human succeed, doing your best to make them happy, caring for someone for the sake of wanting to give them the best. I think it is a noble cause and can be beautiful.

And yeah, there are many other sides to consider here, be it the financial side of things, your own mental health, or even adoption... but all of that has already been said on here, and I don't have much else to add to that...

Last edited:
AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I think it depends. A lot of people have said that having a child gives them a newfound purpose and meaning and makes them happier. But, if you are mentally ill at the moment and can't get yourself to a place where you are stable/reasonably happy, I wouldn't recommend it.

First love yourself, then you can love someone else.

H

Hunter2005

Student
Apr 15, 2023
No because majority of the times kids are being born into horrible situations. For instance a lot of the times these parents hate each other.

L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
I can only speak for myself. I would be a totally dysfunctional father no matter how hard I tried or loved my child. That's just one reason, btw. But I want to keep this short. So for me, an unqualified no.

willitpass

willitpass

Donā€™t try to offer me help, Iā€™ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Having a child will always carry the risk of things going wrong, just like every choice in life does. I am not antinatalist by any means, I love children and the innocence the bring and I do pray that every child I meet does not end up in a situation where their life is full of suffering. While the risk is there and everyone on this site is proof of what can go wrong, I also know many adults in my life who are truly happy and have told me as such. Some parents really should not be parents, and I wish there was an ethical way to ensure that everyone mom and dad is fit to be one, but unfortunately that is a battle that will never be won.

I personally will never have children. It's a choice that has been incredibly difficult to make as I've wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl. But my mental health is far to unstable, I would never be able to provide for a child and I most likely would CTB, creating severe trauma they would never recover from. I think people need to be more self aware when it comes to having children. Sometimes you have to lay down your lifelong dreams because it simply is not in the child's best interest.