• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think David Foster Wallace would not have liked this forum. He joined a charismatic church to find meaning in life but eventually he killed himself. He was no nihilist though.

I listened to some emo rappers. And there is the song lonewolf from convolk.

Here is a part of the lyrics:

Now these people actin' like
They motherfucking know me
I was in the dirt
Didn't hear you saying "homie"
New me going crazy
Don't you talk about the old me
Everyone at school started watching
From the nosebleeds
Got these enemies, so I do what mama told me
Just lemme breathe
Kill myself, yeah, you all tempt me
Rest of you pussies pretending
Whenever you flexin'
Devil told me to play 21 questions
So Club 27 new member is gettin'
Join it with my Smith and Wesson
Oblivion is what lurks inside the barrel
I'm guessin' susceptible to your suggestion
I stress that I live like a no one
But die like a legend
Better off dead, everything you said
Running through my head, I'm on my own again
Lost another friend, crashed another Benz
This is how it ends, I'm on my own again

Especially this part "I stress that I live like a no one But die like a legend" sounds a little bit like something someone could have said in this forum when the recovery sub-forum was no thing. I think this forum changed for the positive afterall. I just wondered whether this artist might (have) lurk(ed) on SaSu.

This lead me to the question. Would big philosphers who were very open to suicide and believed life mostly consists of suffering like this forum. I read David Benatar is not a very dark person but he has black humor. I don't think he is a nihilist.
I think for Schopenhauer or Camus this forum might not be intellectual enough and sort of repetitive.

Though I think there are probably some celeb lurkers who are scared of getting identified and hence they don't create an account.

What do you think?

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, I think so. It would have been a place to get their ideas seen. I expect they would have been amazed that their ideas could now reach a worldwide audience in an instant. Maybe it would depend on how they viewed us though. Some intellectuals can be snobby I imagine. They'd maybe just post stuff though- rather than ask questions and interact.

I imagine they'd do both though- still have their debates and write their long winded books for the intellectuals but maybe come on the internet too. Just like clever people like Stephen Fry will speak at debates but also Tweet- or whatever it's called now that it's X!

Reactions: noname223
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Depends what you mean. Nietzsche is the polar opposite of this website, for instance.

struggles_inc

struggles_inc

🤡🤡🤡
Jun 24, 2023
That's such an edgelord branch of philosophy. I think they would be on 4chan.