• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yes I still live with my parents. I'm going to live with them for as long as I possibly can because I probably cannot thrive or do much of anything if I were to live alone. I'm like some sort of helpless creature. So that is one reason I am on a suicide forum, it means I can get out of their hair forever

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I used to live alone at college, then the cops took me back to my parents' house because they were scared I was going to kill myself. I hate the anti-suicide police. What is their purpose? What laws are they upholding? They're just agents of the IRS, making sure they dont lose a taxpayer.

Wojaczek

Wojaczek

Student
Oct 24, 2021
Yes I still live with my parents. I'm going to live with them for as long as I possibly can because I probably cannot thrive or do much of anything if I were to live alone. I'm like some sort of helpless creature. So that is one reason I am on a suicide forum, it means I can get out of their hair forever
im in a pretty similar situation, i feel helpless alone and would probably get non stop panic attacks if i lived alone
I used to live alone at college, then the cops took me back to my parents' house because they were scared I was going to kill myself. I hate the anti-suicide police. What is their purpose? What laws are they upholding? They're just agents of the IRS, making sure they dont lose a taxpayer.
"you need to live and suffer for US!"

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Yes. It's a reason as to why planning suicide is especially difficult for me. I hate the fact how suicide feels like such an impossibility that involves many complications. It would be so much more preferable if we existed in a world where suicide is not stigmatised and we could be open about our wish to die to others and then we could just peacefully exit.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Yep. A rather large piece of why I'm suicidal. To be dependent on my parents at such an age fills me with great shame. I'd be content being friendless and partnerless if I was fully independent. I'm trying to work on becoming that but every day I'm reminded that I'm shit by others. I'd pay big money for someone to put a bullet in my head now.

Wojaczek

Wojaczek

Student
Oct 24, 2021
I moved back in earlier this month and am sleeping in the living room. It's just splendid..
Also, I only had moved out for just under a year and didn't even stay in one place throughout that time. My life is a wreck.
did you sleep on peoples couches?
care to elab?

Reactions: Rocinante
U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
did you sleep on peoples couches?
care to elab?
I was living with one of my parents last year and moved out but that only lasted a month before I moved into a different place on short notice due to a really troubling situation between my ex-friend/roommate that I just wasn't able to cope with. I tried my hardest to deescalate it in a reasonable manner but it just wasn't going to work and I probably would have ended up not being able to pay for the place either way if I tried to stick it out because the rent was ridiculous considering my room was the size of some wealthy people's closets. The other place that I moved into ended up having it's own problems and bringing out my inner-struggles as well and left me a fucking wreck. Now I'm back at my parent's 1 bedroom home for the indefinite future and feel as though I arrived in a more broken condition than I did last time.

Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
Yes, currently still studying and in school. My sister is 25 and also lives at home but works and pays certain bills. I don't think it should be something looked down upon as long as you're contributing to your household in some way.

Reactions: Rocinante
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Soon, in March, I will be 45 years old and I will continue to live at home with my mother until, I guess, she dies.
In the early 2000's I was working away for a few years and spent just over half the week sleeping somewhere else, I guess that's the closest I've come to living on my own, nothing else.

//

Properament, el marƧ, farƩ 45 anys i continuarƩ vivint a casa la meva mare fins, suposo, que em mori.
La primera dƩcada del 2000 vaig estar treballant fora uns anys i passaba poc mƩs de la meitat de la setmana dormint a un altre lloc, suposo que Ʃs el mes a prop que he estat de viure pel meu compte, res mƩs.

foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Yes, I'm in early 30s. It would be difficult for me to look after myself otherwise, and they are the only people I have (at the same time also the ones tying me to this existence). They were helicopter parents who wouldn't let me grow up, so they reap what they sow. Now I see it as me making the most of my situation. If I had to live alone I'd have to take care of food, cleaning, clothes, lots of life problems. It would be a terrible life to live. At least now it frees up some of my mental capacity not having to deal with as many life problems.

I fear the day they leave, I'll be left with no close people for support, as well as having to deal with all these life problems all by myself, hence planning for CTB gives me some solace and hope.

Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Yes, I still live with my parents and although it seems a bit bad I recognize that if it wasn't for them I would have died long ago so from that point of view I appreciate their company especially at this time of the year.

Wojaczek

Wojaczek

Student
Oct 24, 2021
Yes, I'm in early 30s. It would be difficult for me to look after myself otherwise, and they are the only people I have (at the same time also the ones tying me to this existence). They were helicopter parents who wouldn't let me grow up, so they reap what they sow. Now I see it as me making the most of my situation. If I had to live alone I'd have to take care of food, cleaning, clothes, lots of life problems. It would be a terrible life to live. At least now it frees up some of my mental capacity not having to deal with as many life problems.

I fear the day they leave, I'll be left with no close people for support, as well as having to deal with all these life problems all by myself, hence planning for CTB gives me some solace and hope.
well put, i feel the same way.

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Not anymore. They moved out while I decided to stay behind. I don't regret my decision, because I'm close to my workplace, which I enjoy.

Also, I don't do well in small towns, which is where they moved to.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Soon, in March, I will be 45 years old and I will continue to live at home with my mother until, I guess, she dies.
In the early 2000's I was working away for a few years and spent just over half the week sleeping somewhere else, I guess that's the closest I've come to living on my own, nothing else.

//

Properament, el marƧ, farƩ 45 anys i continuarƩ vivint a casa la meva mare fins, suposo, que em mori.
La primera dƩcada del 2000 vaig estar treballant fora uns anys i passaba poc mƩs de la meitat de la setmana dormint a un altre lloc, suposo que Ʃs el mes a prop que he estat de viure pel meu compte, res mƩs.

It seems that Google's botched translator has distorted my writing, because it is not the same for me to die as it is for my mother to die.
I wrote that I guess I will live with my mother until I die.
šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’šŸ˜’ Google Translator, bah!

Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
well... in my country its not a thing to live alone if you are not married. i have rich 44yo fried that he live with he's parents.
about myself... im 30, i can afford rent but since my father is passed away im living with my mother.i like to live by myself but its better for her and for me financially

Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
Unfortunately yes I do. It's not unfortunate because of them, all things considered they're decent people, but still living at home at this age makes me feel like shit about myself. It wasn't always like this. I lived on my own for years and was fairly independent. Then things changed in my life and I ended up moving back. What was originally only supposed to be a temporary move of a year at most, turned into two. Then COVID hit and I used that as an excuse to stay even longer, and I'm still here.

The worst thing is that living with them has caused me to regress so much as a person that going back to live on my own seems like a very daunting task now. It's just one of those things where I've slowly dug myself into such a hole over the past 4-5 years I have no idea how to get out.