K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
In my case I'd certainly always see it as preferable to cease existing, as after all suicide is the way to find peace from the burden that is existence, preventing all future suffering. I always dislike when people go on about how suicide must be the last resort, like if someone feels that way about their own existence then that's fine but in my case I see suicide as a rational solution to solve the true problem that is existence itself, I'm only still trapped here as of course suicide is so difficult and inaccessible.
Insisting that suicide must be the last resort implies that continuing to exist is something very desirable and valuable to the point that it should be considered as the preferred option when in my case I see existence as undesirable in every way possible.

Existing is very meaningless and futile but also so harmful which is shown by how there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly as long as one exists. It's terrifying how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, so to me death is something comforting as I very strongly believe it to just be an eternal, dreamless sleep where one is unable to suffer. I don't see any value in existing as a conscious being, I see it as so cruel to impose existence in the first place. All of the anti-suicide beliefs are nonsensical in the first place especially as we never consented to being here and aren't obligated to continue, if one wants to cease existing on their own terms then that's always a valid way to feel.
I see it as the preferred choice.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
It's a mix of both for me. I could realistically keep fighting and suffering but instead I choose to end on my own terms.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
E

EndingEagle

Nov 27, 2023
It can be both for me depending on my mood but overall its a last resort for when everything else has failed. Its certainly preferrable to things like homelessness,prison or mental hospital.

A

Antoine_Roquentin

Dec 17, 2023
Last resort. I fucked something up catastrophically and now it seems to be the only option.

goblin99

goblin99

😢
Jan 12, 2024
For me it's a last resort. I want to have a life. I want to be successful. Despite how much I want to be happy, I still keep going through the motions and failing at life. How am I supposed to go through life and make the people around me suffering by knowing me? Not that I actually care about their opinions but still. I just want to stop disappointing everyone who's ever known me.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I already answered this a month ago but I wanna answer again to vent a bit. I still think that suicide for me is a preferred choice and will always be. Okay, well, not suicide itself but rather the result that a successful suicide attempt will lead me to... death. To me, death is just so blissful and will always be and I'll always prefer death to life. I just don't understand those who see suicide as a last resort. Is life really that good to where suicide is the last resort? Life was never desirable to me in the first place, especially when there isn't anything that gives me pleasure. I only see life as perpetual hard work from birth until death. Why do people want to prolong living at all costs? Permanent non existence is just so beautiful as I don't have to work hard nor suffer from existence

Reactions: Rogue Proxy