• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I tried to look for some free help but they said they would help me because I am actively suicidal... which doesn't make sense to me : (

I was in health care for a while. It was common for clinical therapists and psychiatrists to turn down suicidal patients due to liability issues and physician rankings (percent active cases lost...). Which, of course, screams "bias" in outcomes reported...

Reactions: Dead_Inside
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Have had in the past.. recently moved back home and was on sertraline, I struggled to take them regularly so in my last hospital stay they simply stopped my meds and I discharged myself, begged for them to give me some sort of regular care outside of the hospital as pathetic is it sounds, but they refused. So now I got nothing.

Reactions: Smilla
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
I was in health care for a while. It was common for clinical therapists and psychiatrists to turn down suicidal patients due to liability issues and physician rankings (percent active cases lost...). Which, of course, screams "bias" in outcomes reported...
... isn't that when a person needs help the most? Or am I just missing something ? I can't understand how I should just deal with this shit myself and then what...come back when I am all nice and healthy? Stupid system.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
... isn't that when a person needs help the most? Or am I just missing something ? I can't understand how I should just deal with this shit myself and then what...come back when I am all nice and healthy? Stupid system.

Yes, you're right. It IS when someone most needs help. But the mental health system doesn't really understand what it claims to and cannot fix what it believes it can. At least not reliably enough and well enough. You're also right: "Stupid system."

Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
Sometimes. It's a fucking chore to take all my meds. When I get in a really low mood (which has been happening extremely frequently as of late), I get even less motivated to do so, thinking "well what's the fucking point, they're not working anyway".

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Sometimes. It's a fucking chore to take all my meds. When I get in a really low mood (which has been happening extremely frequently as of late), I get even less motivated to do so, thinking "well what's the fucking point, they're not working anyway".

Funny how I've met very few people who had physical pain that could be dampened by pain killers (like Ibuprofen) who then decide not to take the pain killers. If drugs work to stop the pain, most of us take 'em. Which says a lot about psychiatric drugs...

M

Maya

Apr 24, 2018
Not anymore, but I used to for a long time. (Venlafaxine/Effexor and low dose Quetiapine/Seroquel)
I took venlafaxine and had the worst vertigo for like a month. I couldnt get uo for a whole week and struggled for 3weeks after. Did that happen to you? I hear getting off of it can also trigger that vertigo

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Have had daily suicidal thoughts for about 8 years now and have never been to any kind of therapist and only took St. John's Wort. My suicide is not a cry for help or something I am doing for attention, it is something I will do when the time is right when I want to die.In my country, they can easily send you to a closed ward if you tell someone you are suicidal and that scares the hell out of me.
I was planning to do it in my old age, but now I have gotten so physically sick that it will be probably sooner than old age

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer