Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Any attempt I've ever made to "improve" my life has had marginal returns at best. At the end of the day, no amount of "personal improvements" (however way you'd like to define what that entails) would change what life is at its core. A pointless, boring game of satiating endless needs/desires, where the only "good things" are merely the result of escaping from the suffering & pains that exist before we temporarily alleviate them. To put it another way, you can't have the joy of pulling out a nasty thorn from your hand without it having been impaled in there in the first place. So it goes for all things in this world. Suffering, and struggling against said suffering which, of course, inevitably only leads to more suffering, is the default state and curse that all living things share. While time itself constantly shoves & pushes us along like the prisoners we all fundamentally are on our immutable path to the execution chamber. I despise death as much as I despise life, to be honest. The twin sides of this wretched universe. None of us should ever have been forced to grapple with them. I'll take never having been born, thanks.

w90ttwo.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, 837, CuriousAboutThis and 9 others
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
Part of me prefers to stay alive, improve me life and so on, but the older I am getting, the more negative experiences I ensure, partly due to my own lack of good judgement I suppose, but also partly as a result of others' behavior and choices, some of which I feel I did not deserve when said behavior towards me was particularly nasty. So that combined with this wearying treadmill of adult life in much of where I live, as others have explained quite well, is making death look increasingly appealing, provided there's nothing worse on the other side. I hang out primarily because of this fear, to be honest.
Any attempt I've ever made to "improve" my life has had marginal returns at best. At the end of the day, no amount of "personal improvements" (however way you'd like to define what that entails) would change what life is at its core. A pointless, boring game of satiating endless needs/desires, where the only "good things" are merely the result of escaping from the suffering & pains that exist before we temporarily alleviate them. To put it another way, you can't have the joy of pulling out a nasty thorn from your hand without it having been impaled in there in the first place. So it goes for all things in this world. Suffering, and struggling against said suffering which, of course, inevitably only leads to more suffering, is the default state and curse that all living things share. While time itself constantly shoves & pushes us along like the prisoners we all fundamentally are on our immutable path to the execution chamber. I despise death as much as I despise life, to be honest. The twin sides of this wretched universe. None of us should ever have been forced to grapple with them. I'll take never having been born, thanks.

w90ttwo.jpg

So good it makes me aroused. Thank you.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dip, anna and 1 other person
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
im curious how much pain I can take before I decide to end my life although ive come very close a few times. Kinda surprised I havent died with some bad combinations ive used combining hard drugs alcohol and meds.

• Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, azucaramargo, lv-gras and 1 other person
RaptorHavx

RaptorHavx

Drowning in loneliness...
Aug 15, 2018
Unless miracle happens, probably dead. But still a tiny hope ..

• Hugs
Reactions: azucaramargo and lv-gras
DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
I'd prefer to live and try to better my life. It's so fucking hard though.

Reactions: Nessa, lv-gras and Tiburcio
lastsummer

lastsummer

Jul 28, 2018
Being dead. Im too lazy to live. I don't like the routine of wake up, breakfast, go to work, dinner, go to bed and wake up again.

Reactions: 837, Circles, azucaramargo and 6 others
T

Tiburcio

Being dead. Im too lazy to live. I don't like the routine of wake up, breakfast, go to work, dinner, go to bed and wake up again.
Exactly, that's how I feel

Reactions: Circles, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Dip
Sweet517

Sweet517

Oct 5, 2019
I prefer to live. I love my family and want to be there. I'm suicidal over money

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles and azucaramargo
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I used to be wanting to improve life always when I was younger, but after a while, I've grown numb to life and just wanted to cope. I'd only improve life on my own terms and in areas where I deem necessary. Ultimately, death would be blissful, but if there is room to improve and still goals and pleasure that can be reasonably attained, then I'll stay for a while longer.

Reactions: 837, Circles, mediocre and 2 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Honestly, I could never live in this world even if I had a good life. It's pointless, all the meaningless bullshit. Why bother only to be dead in the end or worse. I used to think I can improve my life but that gradually changed into "I don't want to live here even if I can improve my life" once I realized how fucked up the world we live in is.
Also R.I.P to my friends here who've left this world(a number of people in this thread). I remember it like it was yesterday. Hope you guys found the peace. Soon I'll join you.-

Reactions: 837, Circles, mediocre and 1 other person
Z

zeroambition

Recovered
Nov 3, 2019
I would rather be dead than working everyday suffering to support a life I don't enjoy

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, 837, Circles and 1 other person
B

burnedCookie

Student
Aug 8, 2019
A few years ago I would have said I'd rather stay alive even knowing that I'd never improve anything in my life, but now I prefer to die.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, mediocre and AlexM
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I would prefer to get rid of depression and to live. My life before was quite good.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, azucaramargo and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I've always had a little bit of hope deep down that things will improve. But recently it's almost completely faded. So now I think I'd rather die. It's just having the courage to go.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: 837, Circles, azucaramargo and 1 other person
MourningHeart

MourningHeart

Oct 26, 2019
I noticed there are two kinds of persons here: the ones who want to live but due to their circumstances they have to leave it and the others who never liked life in general. Do you prefer being alive if it was possible or disappear without a trace?

Obviously I would disappear in any circumstance. Others could fake this is good but not me. I refuse this madhouse the world has become.

Edit: I consider living for helping others with problems, but the effort of one person will never be enough, sadly.

I learned two things: Sometimes life could be so nice. But it could also be hell.

Due to circumstances mine wasn't nice most of the time and now it will most likely never change. I tried to cope but now i think its not worth anymore. Some people just seem to be meant to be dead, no matter how hard they try, while others seem to 'have it all'. It feels like unbalance. Its all natural i guess, and i have to accept that.

I do not want to die. I just dont want this life.

Reactions: Circles
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Improving my life for sure, but it's not 'faking' like you say

Reactions: Circles
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I wish I wasn't even born. Yes I would like to dead instead of improving myself. I cannot care less about people telling me it is the easy way to get out.

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I'm trying to improve my life. But it has been very discouraging.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Many people say money would solve so many issues and cause them to want to stay living, I was once one of these people, but I have recently learnt money doesn't change people's behaviour's towards you, it doesn't change feeling's, it can't change the past and the pain that comes with it, I can't live with the pain!

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I'd prefer to live too, but I'm at a tipping point right now in seeing whether things will get better or not. So if it were my choice-of course I would want to, but if the circumstances get too tough being dead is better for me.
Sounds about right for me but I know I have something to live for is what I would want to believe

• Hugs
OreoWellington

OreoWellington

Ready To Die
Sep 28, 2019
I wish I never even lived. Would have rather been dead all along.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and Skathon
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
Neither. I want to stop existing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and VIBRITANNIA
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
what would be the point of improving my life if i'll only be fucked over again? i'd rather die than be given false hope.

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think I would prefer my life to be fully improved, to be at the optimum state it can be.

The process of improving it though is too daunting for me sometimes so I'd say I'd rather be dead as the comfortable answer.

• Hugs
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I've tried improving my life for years and it hasn't worked, so I give up. I'd rather be dead.

• Aww..
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I'd rather improve my life if I could, but it's starting to look almost impossible. Death is looking like the only option at this point.

• Aww..
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I know this is an old post and I see that the OP is crossed off, but a somewhat rhetorical question is how is improvement qualified? Does this OP mean improvement of every aspect of my life? And by every aspect I mean every aspect? That's a big task.

I'm incredibly stubborn and I used to have a little motto that "I can solve any problem". But, I'm not solving enough on my end. For me, it feels like one step forward and two steps back. This reality reminds me of the image of a boat suddenly springing leaks. Think back to some of the old school cartoons illustrating this point; how a person will plug one leak and then two other leaks suddenly emerge in the sinking boat. This is kind of how my life feels as I am experiencing too many age-related health issues. My issues are from head to toe.

Aging sucks in my opinion, but I am grateful that I know it can always be worse for myself. Honestly I'm not sure how to answer this question obviously it would take an extremely powerful Genie to magically solve all of life's many problems before me. But, I would choose to continue on and would just strike up my CTB investment as a sunk cost.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
It all depends on now my uni course develops