sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
i came from a pretty conservative family and we were taught about worshiping god, heaven, hell, you know, that stuff on higher power and everything. i also studied theology as one of my major in uni bcs its the only option im left with. so naturally i have to believe those things or else when will i make practical of my studies?

so the thing is, suicide is often associated with sin and i am afraid of hell, which will be my place if i committed to the said sin. but it got me wondering, if god is all compassionate and loving, he would know i am suffering inside and why would he want me to put up with it. laawrd im not his strongest soldier.

i feel like if i ever ctb one day, i would dedicate one very earnest prayer for god to not put me in hell. i would rationalize my way of ctb to him so he would understand. what about you guys? do you believe in hell? will you guys pray for one last time like i would?
Nope, I think earth itself is already enough of a hell.

Reactions: Engström, pthnrdnojvsc and MatrixPrisoner
F

freetrees

Aug 2, 2023
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

• Yay!
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, DeepCD and sserafim
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
i came from a pretty conservative family and we were taught about worshiping god, heaven, hell, you know, that stuff on higher power and everything. i also studied theology as one of my major in uni bcs its the only option im left with. so naturally i have to believe those things or else when will i make practical of my studies?

so the thing is, suicide is often associated with sin and i am afraid of hell, which will be my place if i committed to the said sin. but it got me wondering, if god is all compassionate and loving, he would know i am suffering inside and why would he want me to put up with it. laawrd im not his strongest soldier.

i feel like if i ever ctb one day, i would dedicate one very earnest prayer for god to not put me in hell. i would rationalize my way of ctb to him so he would understand. what about you guys? do you believe in hell? will you guys pray for one last time like i would?
I'm as religious as an agnostic can be, but I don't believe in Hell. At least not eternal suffering. I think we may be experiencing a punishment currently, as suffering people. I don't know, it could be all carbon, but if there were a Divine I have a hard time imagining it would punish one for eternity purely for suffering and giving up. Maybe we just have to try again.

• Love
Reactions: Engström, sserafim, crxssedho3 and 1 other person
crxssedho3

crxssedho3

Insecure security
Sep 30, 2023
I don't think a loving god would create such a place or let such a place be made torture those he supposedly loves. Especially for people like you who've kept his word as fact for their whole lives, why would he want to punish you further for escaping the pain he caused? I hope this conflict doesn't confuse you as much as it did to me when I was younger🖤

Reactions: Engström and sserafim
UtopianSoliloquies

UtopianSoliloquies

Act 3 Scene 1
Jan 21, 2023
yes, it is undeniable that other people exist.

• Yay!
Reactions: Engström and sserafim
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
The word for hell in the Bible is an adulterated, mistranslated word that was drawn from the actual holy scriptures in the very imprint of the evidentiary artifacts that were preserved through history. The Bible is not the holy scriptures, the King James version is just an adultdurated mistranslated version of the dozens if not hundreds of versions of the various Christian biblical text that were drawn from the true artifacts of the Holy scriptures.

The word for Hell in the she sense of a "lake of fire" was only applicable to fallen Angels. Any other references to hell in the Bible come from the word sheol which means a place of Oblivion or nothingness.

Reactions: Division Day
StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
Do not fear hell or wait for heaven. No one really knows what happens after death and I think that is the beauty of it.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I do believe in hell, but only because I'm already here.

Reactions: sserafim
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
I know that life on this earth can be hell or heaven. Depending on the situation you find yourself in. Depending on the close people you have met. Depending on your family. And many other aspects.
Those who have been to hell here - don't really care whether there is hell after death.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Life on earth is more or less hell already.

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Man and I thought I could be original in the "yeah we're in it" comment lol

FrostedHoax

FrostedHoax

Student
Dec 1, 2022
If there is a benevolent higher power, I earnestly believe that people who suffered so much in life that they saw death as the only way out of their suffering would be met with nothing but compassion and understanding on the other side. Obviously, people who commit suicide for more selfish reasons like hitler probably wouldn't be met with the same amount of compassion if a benevolent higher power were to exist.

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Screenshot from 2023 11 02 09 19 08

I remember reading this book to increase my English comprehension.

In this book it says when Jesus was alive there was no Hell and Heaven concept. The concept was made up after he had died.

That was a short read but useful for me.

It explains how Hell and Heaven was made in history. And how it came to be. Even though I am not a religious person I liked the book.

Hell was just a ponzi scheme. HEAVEN Too.
Nope, I think earth itself is already enough of a hell.
Hell and Heaven was just a ponzi scheme.
i came from a pretty conservative family and we were taught about worshiping god, heaven, hell, you know, that stuff on higher power and everything. i also studied theology as one of my major in uni bcs its the only option im left with.
Screenshot from 2023 11 02 09 19 08

I remember reading this book to increase my English comprehension.
In this book it says when Jesus was alive there was no Hell and Heaven concept. The concept was made up after he had died.
That was a short read but useful for me.
It explains how Hell and Heaven was made in history. And how it came to be. Even though I am not a religious person I liked the book.
Hell was just a ponzi scheme. HEAVEN Too.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
I Can't Say

I Can't Say

Oct 21, 2023
I don't see the point of not believing in
Things you can taste like fear and cinnamon
Sadly this hasn't gotten me
Anything but dread and gluttony

SovietSuicide

SovietSuicide

Student
Jan 8, 2022
Suicide is not a sin. Not in the Bible, Torah or Qur'an. Killing yourself was seen as a noble death as long as it avoided great pain/shame to yourself or others or to avoid capture on the battlefield. Judas killed himself to repent for his betrayal of Jesus.

This world is not God and God places no obligation on us to stay alive. As long as you haven't committed sins you will go to heaven according to the bible and even if you have committed a grave sin such as murder, suicide can be considered a repentance if it is genuine.

Idk whether it exists but I know I won't go to hell either way unless the Gnostics/Egyptians/Superstitious Buddhists are correct.

iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
I dont, and have read the bible. a huge portion of it asks you to not have much autonomy in your path in life and punishes you for having any sense of self and appreciates when you lie down and take abuse

hungariancorpse

hungariancorpse

Oct 11, 2023
If I do good from a pure heart, then I am the weak one and they take advantage of me. if I push away those who hurt me, I am the bad one. This hell is because I am honest, yet I am being punished. 🤷I've already made other people believe that I'm a fool and they made everyone part of the circus 🤷hell? I hope I burn faster than I live