Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
Who would take an hour or 2 of the best pleasures life has to offer for 10 minutes of the most horrendous suffering life has to offer? This is just a thought experiment by the way.
So I can binge in the best buffet in exchange of being grilled??

Deal!!!

- Probably half of users lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and davidtorez
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Who would take an hour or 2 of the best pleasures life has to offer for 10 minutes of the most horrendous suffering life has to offer? This is just a thought experiment by the way.

I don't think so. I have felt pretty terrific but I don't think two hours of whatever was best would balance out ten minutes of being on fire.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, davidtorez and not-2-b-the-answer
JustA_LittlePerson

JustA_LittlePerson

One person in a sea...
May 21, 2024
Yes nothing existing is better .the most horrible things outweigh any supposedly "good" "important" or pleasurable garbage Addictions.

Nothing matters . this insignificant particle of dust called earth won't exist in a few billion years.

What that we do will matter in 150 years? In ten thousand years? In a trillion years? Nothing

I'm happy that after I die I will cease to exist forever

I'm glad the universe is expanding to nothingness
If only you knew how much everything matters in the grand scheme of things. It's all one in the same after all.
I'm just glad ya'll aren't in charge of whether I get to exist or not lol.
They are so lost yet think they know all the hidden truths

davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
I don't think so. I have felt pretty terrific but I don't think two hours of whatever was best would balance out ten minutes of being on fire.
Alot people don't understand the implications of this thought experiment unfortunately .

Reactions: dolemitedrums
hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023
Existence has always been fraught in violence and chaos. Life is brutal. Self-awareness is a terrible burden. No one gets through life unscathed one way or another, and the burden on the planet's animals and the environment perhaps the most appalling of all these minuses.

From this perspective, it feels almost morally right to wish none of 'it' had ever come into existence, or more simply, that existence was never a thing. But here we are talking about existence and debating its value, which paradoxically makes the question moot.

Personally I think there's much about existence that can be beautiful and interesting. The challenge is possessing the mental, physical, and material resources to be able to engage life in a way that allows you to appreciate and foster the good and mitigate the bad. That's my two pennies for what it's worth.