not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
In order to get "true love", you need to remove the built-in instincts, sexual desire and the desire to gain something from someone. True love should not be selfish, it is disinterested (I mean not only money and things), it does not require anything from anyone.

It is necessary to exclude the possibility of sex - then it is something more than instincts. Platonic love between AI and human for example (such as those weirdos who married a hologram).
It turns me on when you talk about marrying holograms.

Reactions: Alan James
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
this is modern day true love , you can just tell by the look on her 24 year old face how much she loves her 82 year billionaire husband lol

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, BangBangBang, Camille Lejeune and 4 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
In order to get "true love", you need to remove the built-in instincts, sexual desire and the desire to gain something from someone. True love should not be selfish, it is disinterested (I mean not only money and things), it does not require anything from anyone.

It is necessary to exclude the possibility of sex - then it is something more than instincts. Platonic love between AI and human for example (such as those weirdos who married a hologram).

Yes or for example, how Alexander The Great's men were in love with him, even though they were heterosexual males(well at least a large percentage of them because the ancient Greeks tolerated homosexuals and bisexuals so I'm sure there were homosexual and bisexual men in his army as well).

Reactions: Alan James
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Reactions: marcusuk63
Paisley

Paisley

Jun 11, 2019
it's the only reason i'm still here

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: MourningHeart, puppy9, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Ugh. Every hooker has met this trick who prattles on about love, and he always turns out to be a nasty freeloading asshole.

It's an effective tool to use to manipulate people who feel unloved in life.

Reactions: marcusuk63 and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Yes or for example, how Alexander The Great's men were in love with him, even though they were heterosexual males(well at least a large percentage of them because the ancient Greeks tolerated homosexuals and bisexuals so I'm sure there were homosexual and bisexual men in his army as well).
Homosexuality was not just tolerated. Junior soldiers were expected to sexually service anyone who outranked them without complaint. It was integral to Greek and Spartan military culture.

Reactions: azucaramargo
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Homosexuality was not just tolerated. Junior soldiers were expected to sexually service anyone who outranked them without complaint. It was integral to Greek and Spartan military culture.

I thought only the Spartans were like that. Because they spent so much time training, they didn't have time to be around women. And then when they saw women for the first time in their lives so they could marry and have children, they were freaked out. And sometimes, Spartan women would have to dress up like warriors to turn on their husbands. LOL

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, azucaramargo and not_a_robot
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Neurochemistry and pheromones are a large part of what humans call "love".

I believe that you can care for someone deeply, I believe that humans can love, but I do not believe in the concept of "true love".

The closest thing to it that I can think of is meeting someone in this life that you were close to in a previous incarnation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, MourningHeart, azucaramargo and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I thought only the Spartans were like that. Because they spent so much time training, they didn't have time to be around women. And then when they saw women for the first time in their lives so they could marry and have children, they were freaked out. And sometimes, Spartan women would have to dress up like warriors to turn on their husbands. LOL
Yep. Spartans invented pegging.
Women are much less frightening to men when we wear a phallus. ;)

Reactions: azucaramargo
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yep. Spartans invented pegging.
Women are much less frightening to men when we wear a phallus. ;)

All the other Greeks thought the Spartans were very eccentric. It's amusing that when the movie 300 came out, all the Americans were cheering for the Spartans when in reality, American culture is similar to the Persian culture back then. Racism, strikes again. And the movie made the Persians look like the opposite of how they actually were... Americans would see the ancient Greeks as freaks if they studied history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, azucaramargo and not_a_robot
Ambie

Ambie

Jun 13, 2019
I don't think I've ever experienced "love". It's hard to imagine what that would even be like.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, MourningHeart, azucaramargo and 2 others
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
My self i don't believe in true love any more in fact i go as far to say its a dangerous emotion. It makes you weak and vulnerable and taken advantage of i know. So no more of that sloppy stuff never ever going to fall in love ever again spend the rest of my life alone iys for the best.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, OreoWellington, MourningHeart and 4 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
My self i don't believe in true love any more in fact i go as far to say its a dangerous emotion. It makes you weak and vulnerable and taken advantage of i know. So no more of that sloppy stuff never ever going to fall in love ever again spend the rest of my life alone iys for the best.

Any kind of love is bad for you. True love and lust. It's not much different than blindfolding yourself.
this is modern day true love , you can just tell by the look on her 24 year old face how much she loves her 82 year billionaire husband lol

I don't have a problem with relationships like that as long as they are honest and tell the everyone, it is simply nothing more than a business deal made between two people. But when it hides behind the curtain of love, then I'm disgusted by the level of deception and the insult to my intelligence.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, azucaramargo, Alan James and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I don't think I've ever experienced "love". It's hard to imagine what that would even be like.
If you've ever had a severe psychotic episode with delusions of grandeur, it's like that, but usually with sex included.

Reactions: azucaramargo, WaterUnder, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Ugh. Every hooker has met this trick who prattles on about love, and he always turns out to be a nasty freeloading asshole.
Hey, not fair, Moulin Rouge is great. It does actually understand that the 'true love' that Christian (Ewan McGregor's character) believes in is a fantasy.

EDIT:
Yeah, Christian is an asshole who flips out on Satine after she breaks up with him, but you could argue that he gets punished for them through Satine's death (which is itself problematic for the objectification it implies). Yeah, the movie has problems - but it's not entirely devoid of quality or insight.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, marcusuk63 and not_a_robot
Slenderman

Slenderman

Jimmy Smith
Jun 9, 2019
I think the soul mate thing is all bullshit, and like look at the shit people call love these days. I just can't

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001 and not_a_robot
A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019
Is this true love? I meant this guy:

The man who married a hologram - https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/28/health/rise-of-digisexuals-intl/index.html

Akihiko Kondo doesn't have the air of a rebel. This year, however, the bespectacled school administrator bucked conventional norms. He married a hologram.
Kondo's November wedding to cyber celebrity Hatsune Miku -- which is not legally recognized - provoked mixed reactions in Japan and abroad. Some were dumbfounded by his choice of a three-dimensional laser image over a human. Others congratulated him.

But the 35-year-old, whose spartan home on the outskirts of Tokyo is dotted with plush Miku dolls and paraphernalia, doesn't care what others think. He simply did what made him happy. "Society pressures you to follow a certain formula for love, but it might not make you happy," Kondo told CNN. "I want people to be able to figure out what works for them."

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo and not_a_robot
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

The man who married a hologram - https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/28/health/rise-of-digisexuals-intl/index.html

Akihiko Kondo doesn't have the air of a rebel. This year, however, the bespectacled school administrator bucked conventional norms. He married a hologram.
Kondo's November wedding to cyber celebrity Hatsune Miku -- which is not legally recognized - provoked mixed reactions in Japan and abroad. Some were dumbfounded by his choice of a three-dimensional laser image over a human. Others congratulated him.

But the 35-year-old, whose spartan home on the outskirts of Tokyo is dotted with plush Miku dolls and paraphernalia, doesn't care what others think. He simply did what made him happy. "Society pressures you to follow a certain formula for love, but it might not make you happy," Kondo told CNN. "I want people to be able to figure out what works for them."

More like, the dude has no other options, I think... Japanese culture is really good at isolating people...

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Hey, not fair, Moulin Rouge is great. It does actually understand that the 'true love' that Christian (Ewan McGregor's character) believes in is a fantasy.
lol ok. I'm just saying, tricks who do that creepy "love" shit are so common in the sex industry that they are a stereotype.
Spoiler Alert: they never are really in love, they are just mean, cheap assholes.

I say yes. He is at least as close to true love as anyone in a relationship with another person. Projecting love onto an object is a form of self-love, which I consider the only true love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan James and RM5998
A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019
An example of "true love" (or what looks like it) in a movie or video game (I just don't know examples from reality, therefore only such examples) is like a Joi and "K" from "Blade Runner 2049" or Adam Jensen and Eliza from "Deus Ex".

Reactions: RM5998
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
An example of "true love" (or what looks like it) in a movie or video game (I just don't know examples from reality, therefore only such examples) is like a Joi and "K" from "Blade Runner 2049" or Adam Jensen and Eliza from "Deus Ex".

Here is a good example too. That kid is not even his son but his nephew.

Another one. Conan's best friend tracks him down and rescues him.

Another one. Conan's mother was willing to die for her dead husband and son. She only put her sword down because the man in front of her is a sorcerer who used one of his powers on her.

Another one. Mark Antony truly loved Cleopatra.

Trinity also showed true love to Neo later in the Matrix series.

Last edited:
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Notably, the first is a pairing of a hologram and an android, who are both aware of their artificiality.

Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
A

Alan James

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2019
Notably, the first is a pairing of a hologram and an android, who are both aware of their artificiality.

And the second example from the video game is between the augmented man and the enemy AI (which also existed only in the form of a hologram) created by the illuminati for manipulation. This AI was the enemy and was one of those who almost killed (provided technical support to mercenaries) Adam Jensen (this is the main character you are playing for).

But for some reason, Eliza decides to rebel against the Illuminati and the rest of the elite and helps Jensen. Although he knows that this will probably lead to the fact that she will be erased and rolled back to a more earlier version. This is illogical as the AI himself thinks and it is not clear why she does it: it makes sense as a kind of "Turing Test", it can be considered the first true AI because it is the first AI capable of such feelings.

Reactions: not_a_robot and RM5998
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019

or me and pot and my vibrator.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul and RM5998
aquila

aquila

"I'm not here. This isn't happening"
Jun 10, 2019
I really want to believe that, even though I don't think anyone could ever truly love me. The thought that I might find my soulmate gives me some hope about the future, but usually it only feels like a lie that I'm telling myself

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: OreoWellington, MourningHeart, azucaramargo and 2 others
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Love exists out there, and can be wonderful. Buuuuut it takes luck and effort and isn't for everyone.

• Aww..
Reactions: azucaramargo, DownInaHole and Soul
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
No. Or rather I don't believe in the popular romanticised notion of love. It's either lust, dependancy, convenience, or a compulsive obssession. Nothing "magical" or mysterious about it.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo and not_a_robot