• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters
Lost Soul

Lost Soul

Unreachable dreams, broken hearts
May 13, 2019

Reactions: Ybother, throwaway777 and Circles
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
It's pure fantasy. No proof to back it up. Man's way of hanging on in life when it all goes to shit and fear of death and disease. I already got the disease part out of no fault of my own. Now comes death. Thank you but no thank you god. What god in its right mind allows so much pain and suffering. Life is a mistake and redundant joke. Eat shut sleep and work until you die. Not for me or anyone in their right mind.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Ybother, Numbtopain97 and 11 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I just don't know what to believe anymore but what I can't believe in is false hope.

Reactions: Final Escape, About_to_Go, throwaway777 and 3 others
D

ddimd

Apr 14, 2019
My head understands that it's pretty much impossible for there to be a God, but my heart somehow still wants to believe. I think I'm just grabbing at any tiny chance to have hope that things might somehow work itself out or to have someone to blame all this shit on.

Reactions: Ybother, Circles and Lost Soul
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
No (loving) God would make this world.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Ybother, Numbtopain97 and 6 others
Lost Soul

Lost Soul

May 13, 2019
My head understands that it's pretty much impossible for there to be a God, but my heart somehow still wants to believe. I think I'm just grabbing at any tiny chance to have hope that things might somehow work itself out or to have someone to blame all this shit on.
Why do you think it's impossible for there to be a God?

Reactions: Circles and throwaway777
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
I believe in evidence, and so far no person who has claimed a deity exists has been able to back their claims with solid evidence. The ideas of gods and religions are just a masive delusion to cope with reality and control people.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, marcusuk63, Circles and 1 other person
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Too much choice who pretend to be the right one. And why add something weird and illogical when we can explain about everything without it
Do you think it's possible for a God to exists? Genuinely asking.

Reactions: Circles and Lost Soul
N

nztphill

Nov 12, 2018
who is asking?and what you want?

Reactions: Ybother, Circles and Lost Soul
Lost Soul

Lost Soul

May 13, 2019
Too much choice who pretend to be the right one. And why add something weird and illogical when we can explain about everything without it

Do you think it's possible for a God to exists? Genuinely asking.
I'm not smart enough to answer that question tbh. We must first know what we mean by God. I didn't choose yes nor no. I don't know if I believe in God, because I don't know what people really mean by God. I don't like to label myself, but if I had to choose a position on this matter, I would label myself as an agnostic apatheist.

Reactions: Ybother, Circles and Pupuce
reznikoff

reznikoff

Despondent
Jan 13, 2019
I do. Being raised under the impression of a God all my life has shaped me to believe in it and I would just feel guilty if I didn't.

However, that doesn't mean I get upset at people for not believing, and i certainly don't try and force it on people. I don't get why people do that. It's disgusting and extremely rude.

We won't know until we die so who cares, lol

Reactions: Lost Soul
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Sometimes. I mean I gotta hate something other than myself at least once in a while.

Reactions: Circles, HaleyWayMCR, tomz323 and 2 others
Pupuce

Pupuce

Apr 19, 2019
We won't know until we die so who cares, lol
Well depending on your death, if it exists, you should care shouldn't you? Like being condemned to hell for eternity and all

Reactions: Lost Soul
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Given that belief (i.e. accepting something to be true without evidence) is not my cup of tea no. I've always wondered how religious people could ever draw a definite line between their religious beliefs and pure deluded thinking, hallucinations etcetera. They believe in their antropomorphic god dreamt up by a desert people thousands of years ago but they're usually 100% convinced Zeus doesn't exist or the flying teacup orbiting Mars. This does not seem very logical now, does it?

Seriously: where do you draw the line between what is real and what is not once you've rejected a decent standard of evidence and accepted things on blind faith (belief)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Numbtopain97, About_to_Go, Circles and 1 other person
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Well depending on your death, if it exists, you should care shouldn't you? Like being condemned to hell for eternity and all
If it does exist, I could care less.

The condemned to hell theory is a crock of shit. As I've said over and over, if god condemns people to hell for doing suicide, why are people who believe doing this "greatest sin against god"?

Also, not one person has been able to pinpoint for me where in the bible it says god condemns suicide.

Reactions: Circles, Lost Soul and Jean Améry
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Pascal wager's has been refute more times than I can remember.

Reactions: Circles, Lost Soul, Jean Améry and 2 others
Pupuce

Pupuce

Apr 19, 2019
If it does exist, I could care less.

The condemned to hell theory is a crock of shit. As I've said over and over, if god condemns people to hell for doing suicide, why are people who believe doing this "greatest sin against god"?

Also, not one person has been able to pinpoint for me where in the bible it says god condemns suicide.
I totally agree about God being an ass. Besides about the condemning of suicide, the only thing there is the commandment "You shall not kill".

Reactions: Ybother, Lost Soul and Empty Smile
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I totally agree about God being an ass. Besides about the condemning of suicide, the only thing there is the commandment "You shall not kill".
Exactly, but it doesn't say you shall not kill yourself!! Good point!

Reactions: Ybother and Lost Soul
Pupuce

Pupuce

Apr 19, 2019
Pascal wager's has been refute more times than I can remember.

I might have badly expressed myself. I wasn't talking about whether Reznikoff should believe in God or not, but about the fact if one do believe in God then valuing life should be important.
Exactly, but it doesn't say you shall not kill yourself!! Good point!
Well, it highly similar, and most people won't bother with technicality. And I just checked and murder and suicide are mutually exclusive, a murder cannot be a suicide and inversely. Learned something

Last edited:
Reactions: Ybother, Lost Soul and Empty Smile
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Well... 2500+ pantheons and religions. Why of those should the abrahamic religions be any more true than Zoroastranism, Thor and his merry band of drunkards or the Celtic Lugh et all?

Reactions: Ybother, marcusuk63, Alchemist and 2 others
D

ddimd

Apr 14, 2019

Well, from what I have been taught about God since young, he is supposed to be the one who created all of this, earth, people etc.
But science itself already shows evidence of things like evolution and the Big Bang and I'm sure there's plenty more that I have yet to read up on that disproves the things that God was said to have been or done.

There's also contradictions such as God is supposed to be perfect, all-good, all-loving, all-forgiving, yet there is still a hell where sinners go to. If he is a forgiving God, why would he still be punishing humans for their sins? If he is perfect, why did he make it humans, who were created in his image, so imperfect?

And that was just the Christian God I was referring to. So many other religions have their own versions of a God or Gods, and if I believe that one God exists, should I believe that all Gods exist? It would seem really arrogant to say that no, only MY version of God is the correct one, the rest of yours are just made up stories to get you through life.

A religious person (be they Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu etc) might say that oh no, I respect every religion and they have their right to believe in their God, but ultimately, they are believing only in their own version of a God. And if everyone has their own version of a God, who's correct? I think there's no such thing as a 'correct God', and therefore there's no such thing as a God after all.

I say all that and yet sometimes I still find myself blaming random shit happenings on God. I don't know what to do with myself, sigh.

• Love
Reactions: Ybother, JustLosingMyself, Lost Soul and 2 others
Pupuce

Pupuce

Apr 19, 2019
Well, from what I have been taught about God since young, he is supposed to be the one who created all of this, earth, people etc.
But science itself already shows evidence of things like evolution and the Big Bang and I'm sure there's plenty more that I have yet to read up on that disproves the things that God was said to have been or done.

There's also contradictions such as God is supposed to be perfect, all-good, all-loving, all-forgiving, yet there is still a hell where sinners go to. If he is a forgiving God, why would he still be punishing humans for their sins? If he is perfect, why did he make it humans, who were created in his image, so imperfect?

And that was just the Christian God I was referring to. So many other religions have their own versions of a God or Gods, and if I believe that one God exists, should I believe that all Gods exist? It would seem really arrogant to say that no, only MY version of God is the correct one, the rest of yours are just made up stories to get you through life.

A religious person (be they Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu etc) might say that oh no, I respect every religion and they have their right to believe in their God, but ultimately, they are believing only in their own version of a God. And if everyone has their own version of a God, who's correct? I think there's no such thing as a 'correct God', and therefore there's no such thing as a God after all.

I say all that and yet sometimes I still find myself blaming random shit happenings on God. I don't know what to do with myself, sigh.
Don't worry about still believing in it, beliefs are quite hard to overcome

Reactions: Ybother, Empty Smile, Lost Soul and 1 other person
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
"If there is a God, he will have to beg for my forgiveness"

Reactions: Ybother, The Whale, About_to_Go and 4 others
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I'm open to the idea of there being a higher power (not necessarily from any religion though).

Reactions: Empty Smile
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Evil God since the creations don't have the ability to choose anything as their own. Free will is an illusion and not even God has any real choice that would correlate with what people assume is free will.

Reactions: seekingoblivion and Empty Smile
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Not sure I guess. I do think it's a miracle we are here. All the technology and stuff.

weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
It's no miracle when you consider how many millions of years of evolution it took for this pathetic blunder we call homo sapiens to happen.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, Lost Soul and Exile