• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There are many artists who died quite young. Some struggled with being famous. David Foster Wallace admitted he kind of struggled when he (allegedly) got unearned attention for his work. His work was astonishingly. It is quite an understatement. But I think getting so much attention can also be counterproductive.
At least for me the attention could induce mania and megalomania which is not seldom for bipolar people. (Kanye West is a good example for that.)

I also think about XXXtentacion who got killed during a robbery. Maybe even more striking are the following: Lil Peep and Juice WRLD both death due to drug overdose. I could imagine if they did not get so much attention they had less pressure and would have took these amounts of benzos. Moreover maybe they did not have money for all these expensive drugs. On the other side if they got no success their life could be ruined in another way.

I don't want to compare them with the following person but he comes into my mind. The last US shooter was an unsuccessful rapper. Being successful and not successful can lead to roads which one should try to avoid.

But I had the feeling Juice WRLD and Lil Peep had a feeling what was coming. I have many examples in mind when Juice WRLD predicted his own death. (due to drugs.) He also rapped something like I won't make it past 21....and he did exactly die when he was 21

VirtualSnow

VirtualSnow

who knows
May 21, 2022
Good points, but I don't think so at all, or at least, not in some cases. Lots of artists use their product (let it be music, painting or whatever) as an outlet for how they feel and as a form of expression, and what actually ends their life is the same condition that pushed them to create said art.

Plenty of artists have died while going completely unnoticed, so I'm not sure if success is what triggers that. This said, it's really likely that some of them haven't been able to handle fame, and have lost everything because of that.