Sep 6, 2024
My parents know and they refuse to help me

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and annikae
ADBoy777

ADBoy777

Student
May 16, 2024
Mine don't have a clue and I am working very hard to make sure it stays that way until I'm gone

drraculaurra

drraculaurra

Jun 28, 2024
When i was drunk at a party with a friend, I told her that i was planning on dying and she broke down crying. It felt awful :c I forgot that some people do care about me

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
Some know, some suspect. I think they all worry to some degree, but they probably believe this is just something I'm going to fight and get through. I suppose they will be devastated when I do it, but not really surprised.

Reactions: fatladysings
A

annikae

Aug 16, 2024
I'm the worst I've ever been right now and not functional and bedridden with MDD. I have lost hope of ever getting better as I have tried so many treatments(even ECT). I want to die and I've told my family this over and over as I am trying to prepare them. My death would especially destroy my mother and sister but not sure how much longer I can hold on. Quite a sad conundrum. I continue to suffer or I cause suffering to those I love.
When I told my mother because we were fighting she told me she would help me , she would kill me :) I already knew that she would say this. That's why I am so happy that I am going to die I have nothing to lose my brothers don't give a fuck. I have butterflies in my stomach now that I am able to do it. And the best part is that when I'll be dead at least I won't see a fucking crying or desperate scene about my death because I think I would gag.

Reactions: fatladysings
F

fatladysings

Aug 23, 2024
No my friends and family don't have a clue. They all know I hear voices but I still think my death will be a big surprise for all of them. I don't tell any of my friends and family about wanting to die as I want to make sure nobody tries to stop me. The only person who would be well and truly devastated by my death is my 89 year old mother and I won't be ctb'ing till she's dead. Everyone else will manage just fine without me.

Reactions: annikae
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Currently? No.

Less then a decade ago, almost everyone and their family knew I wanted to die, most of my mental health records has been suicide or depression related, and my parents and their friend's parents had a group chat to keep me monitored and safe from 12-15 as well as constant check ins, asking "Is HereTomorrow, you know, still thinking about that?".

Nowadays I don't think they know, and most concluded that the public school system and bullying made me suicidial, and because I started masking they thought I was cured, and the suicidial thoughts vanished. But no, I'm 22, still this way. I was a burden to those who knew, I don't want to lose any more friends for being openly suicidal. I'm glad they moved on from being concerned about me.

B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
I'm the worst I've ever been right now and not functional and bedridden with MDD. I have lost hope of ever getting better as I have tried so many treatments(even ECT). I want to die and I've told my family this over and over as I am trying to prepare them. My death would especially destroy my mother and sister but not sure how much longer I can hold on. Quite a sad conundrum. I continue to suffer or I cause suffering to those I love.
Sure yeah absolutely. Do they care? Nope.

Mitch3ll

Mitch3ll

Jul 4, 2024
My friends or family could care less. Actually it's my gf of 8 years that's manipulating me to CTB. Her, her father and all her friends. Funny part is they're all pro left wing, rainbow alphabet people.. you know. Peace, love, unity respect.. all that lovie stuff, yet ... here we are. I've got till the end of the month to do it, otherwise all my stuff is getting tossed and I'm getting kicked out.

• Aww..
Reactions: Juggernaut1010 and divinemistress36
Maormer

Maormer

May 21, 2024
A few know but I don't know if they know how bad the situation is, I never have the guts to tell them the full story. I've attempted before so people certainly know I'm capable but most people think I'm better now

J

Juggernaut1010

May 31, 2024
My friends or family could care less. Actually it's my gf of 8 years that's manipulating me to CTB. Her, her father and all her friends. Funny part is they're all pro left wing, rainbow alphabet people.. you know. Peace, love, unity respect.. all that lovie stuff, yet ... here we are. I've got till the end of the month to do it, otherwise all my stuff is getting tossed and I'm getting kicked out.
Sorry to hear that. That sucks, but screw your gf. You could cut them out, and deal with the fallout. Easier said than done though. Best of luck, and I hope you land on your feet.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
I've made jokes to my friends and they just make jokes back. We're in the age range of casual suicide jokes so they probably don't suspect much. I know I've said a few things that have worried them but considering I'm still alive after years of friendship I'm sure they assume I'm just bluffing. I don't know if I feel comfy reaching out to them in times of real crisis, I think they would move on fine if I died.

My family knows and I hate knowing how much they panicked when they first learned. They've been fairly supportive in ways they never have (considering they were never really empathetic about general mental health talks before) and it would kill me if they thought they failed me if/when I do CTB. Unfortunately since it's something too horrible for my parents to even consider (understandable) they're not big on continuing the conversation and seem to just hope it's gone away permanently.

Dumbass

Dumbass

Jun 4, 2019
my friends and gf know i am suicidal. i try to downplay it a bit but they definitely do know ^^;. my family does not but they know i "used to" cut when i was younger

-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
I usually will try and tell one or two people (though I don't say that I'm actively suicidal) but not my family

untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
i dont know. but i care/love them and want better for them. pls dont waste on me.

awaitinglove

awaitinglove

lost in my head
Apr 30, 2023
I'm unsure because they know my history with suicide attempts and my mental health. I think they'd be shocked if they found me dead because they think I've been doing "fine." It's been a few years since my last hospitalization so I think it'd be a šŸ˜® moment.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've talked about it with friends in the past when I got the sense they had ideation also. I want to wait for my Dad to go first regardless so, it wouldn't benefit him to know. Sometimes I wonder if he suspects though. It's hard to make small talk and hide it all the time. The rest of my family are step relations I have strained relationships with anyway. (Some made me feel suicidal to begin with!) My extended family I haven't seen in literally decades so, I hope it wouldn't affect them too much.

It's hard to know whether it's kinder to warn people really. In my case, I think not. I suspect some may try to 'help' but that would create stronger ties/ obligations to stay here which is something I definitely don't want. Plus, if I still go ahead with it, I think it would be worse for them that they knew how I felt but couldn't help or stop me. I feel like maybe there might be less guilt (if they do feel any) if there were no signs so- they wouldn't know to do anything.