• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
I've been waiting 4 months and yesterday i received decision letter regarding my application. First initial application denied then asked for internal review and that got denied as well . What upset me the most was they decided that I'm able to work more hours therefore not eligible, how dare they diagnose me when they have notes from my psychiatrist. With bachelor degree and one year caregiver certificate I only work 15 hrs/week as a janitor due to my fucked up brain. Now I'm extremely suicidal again when i thought i had slightly recovered. From now on my response to people including my doctor when they say it gets better will be : go fuck yourself.
Sorry guys for the rant i just need to vent

Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

π—•π—²π˜€π˜ π˜„π—Άπ˜€π—΅π—²π˜€, π—Ÿπ—Όπ—Ÿπ——
Mar 15, 2023
If I may ask, what sort of disabilities are you dealing with? depending where you are, there might be things you haven't seen that could really help you out given the unfortunate situation you're dealing with

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
H

hcs

Mar 15, 2023
I'm really sorry to hear this. Most insurance companies will deny deny deny to avoid paying anything and you may have to appeal the decision. Depending on where you are and the company, you may be able to find resources on Reddit of people in similar situations, who have specific advice. I'm really sorry, I know how it feels, my disability was approved and then immediately denied and it's so hard, it's so much work and mental anguish to fill out hundreds of forms and repeat yourself over and over and have literally some computer program deny the claim.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
If I may ask, what sort of disabilities are you dealing with? depending where you are, there might be things you haven't seen that could really help you out given the unfortunate situation you're dealing with
Thank you for your reply, i suffer from GAD, depression, chronic fatigue, and severe social anxiety.
I'm really sorry to hear this. Most insurance companies will deny deny deny to avoid paying anything and you may have to appeal the decision. Depending on where you are and the company, you may be able to find resources on Reddit of people in similar situations, who have specific advice. I'm really sorry, I know how it feels, my disability was approved and then immediately denied and it's so hard, it's so much work and mental anguish to fill out hundreds of forms and repeat yourself over and over and have literally some computer program deny the claim.
Hi,
It's not insurance claim it is monthly financial assistance provided by the government sorry for not clarifying in my original thread
Thanks for kindness :)

cristaleyez

cristaleyez

xe/they/it
Feb 21, 2023
Hopefully you can repeal that. Heard disability benefits are hell to get on the first try. Even a few times after that can be difficult. My first one was declined. I haven't appealed it yet, I don't know if I will. I do want to go to college but I can't do most jobs that you can get only with a high school diploma- physical labor jobs. I'm physically disabled so yeah, no. I don't know how I'm going to get money until I graduated with all my degrees and get a job.
Good luck.

Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Hopefully you can repeal that. Heard disability benefits are hell to get on the first try. Even a few times after that can be difficult. My first one was declined. I haven't appealed it yet, I don't know if I will. I do want to go to college but I can't do most jobs that you can get only with a high school diploma- physical labor jobs. I'm physically disabled so yeah, no. I don't know how I'm going to get money until I graduated with all my degrees and get a job.
Good luck.
Wish you all the best

• Love
Reactions: cristaleyez
Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

π—•π—²π˜€π˜ π˜„π—Άπ˜€π—΅π—²π˜€, π—Ÿπ—Όπ—Ÿπ——
Mar 15, 2023
Thank you for your reply, i suffer from GAD, depression, chronic fatigue, and severe social anxiety.
Unfortunately I can see why your benefits might be declined as most of those wouldn't qualify for disability benefits even where I live. I'm sorry to hear that news :c

_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
I've been waiting 4 months and yesterday i received decision letter regarding my application. First initial application denied then asked for internal review and that got denied as well . What upset me the most was they decided that I'm able to work more hours therefore not eligible, how dare they diagnose me when they have notes from my psychiatrist. With bachelor degree and one year caregiver certificate I only work 15 hrs/week as a janitor due to my fucked up brain. Now I'm extremely suicidal again when i thought i had slightly recovered. From now on my response to people including my doctor when they say it gets better will be : go fuck yourself.
Hi, I know there are attorney's that specialize in social security disability cases. No idea the cost, but perhaps something to look into. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I know it's not easy.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 8975
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
In the US?

Talk to a lawyer.

If you are in the US, there is no cost to you unless they win their case and the amount they collect is set by law.

There are a million disability lawyers and they will review your case for free.

nomn101

nomn101

you’re safe with me
Mar 12, 2023
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your disability benefits being denied.

Someone I know is a veteran disability benefits rater (they've had the job for over 5 years). From what I hear from them, I suggest that appealing the decision and providing more detailed claims with specific issues can be helpful. It's also common for claims to be evaluated by a different rater if you want that. (Pls take this info with a grain of salt though πŸ˜“. This is just what I hear from the one rater I know. Each situation varies)

Additionally, if you have evidence from a psychiatrist, it may be worthwhile to consider reaching out to a lawyer who specializes in disability benefits cases. They may be able to provide you with guidance on how to strengthen your case and improve your chances of success. I hope this information, along with the suggestions from the veteran disability benefits rater, is helpful to you.

Hang in there, and I wish you all the best in resolving this matter!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Blue_mist
E

EnlightenedDeath

Nov 11, 2022
I can imagine how negative this can make you feel. If you are willing to try to hang out a little longer, do a search for pro bono disability attorneys in your area and see if one may take on your case for you since working 15hrs/week would make you indigent and eligible for free assistance in many locales.

Also, do not be sorry for the rant. We all have to do it sometime.

• Love
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your disability benefits being denied.

Someone I know is a veteran disability benefits rater (they've had the job for over 5 years). From what I hear from them, I suggest that appealing the decision and providing more detailed claims with specific issues can be helpful. It's also common for claims to be evaluated by a different rater if you want that. (Pls take this info with a grain of salt though πŸ˜“. This is just what I hear from the one rater I know. Each situation varies)

Additionally, if you have evidence from a psychiatrist, it may be worthwhile to consider reaching out to a lawyer who specializes in disability benefits cases. They may be able to provide you with guidance on how to strengthen your case and improve your chances of success. I hope this information, along with the suggestions from the veteran disability benefits rater, is helpful to you.

Hang in there, and I wish you all the best in resolving this matter!!!!!
I can imagine how negative this can make you feel. If you are willing to try to hang out a little longer, do a search for pro bono disability attorneys in your area and see if one may take on your case for you since working 15hrs/week would make you indigent and eligible for free assistance in many locales.

Also, do not be sorry for the rant. We all have to do it sometime.
Thank you for your support and suggestions. I just don't have the mental energy to go through lengthy and stressful process, i give up on everything and my plan is to wait for MAID next March (unfortunately it was delayed earlier this year) if they deny me that too, I'll jump in front of the subway train, that would be my method

Reactions: nomn101
nomn101

nomn101

you’re safe with me
Mar 12, 2023
Thank you for your support and suggestions. I just don't have the mental energy to go through lengthy and stressful process, i give up on everything and my plan is to wait for MAID next March (unfortunately it was delayed earlier this year) if they deny me that too, I'll jump in front of the subway train, that would be my method
I'm sorry you're being forced to go through this. If you do need help with anything at any point, feel free to reach out. Good luck for whatever path you take ❀️

• Love
Y

yoitsgody

Mar 25, 2023
nvm

Last edited:
gatzby128

gatzby128

Jun 2, 2023
Did you ever apply again and get benefits? I've been in the process since 2020 and just had my appeal denied. I've agreed with my husband to apply again with the attorney for the whole process this time... if it doesn't happen again I'm CTB. I don't understand how some judge thinks his opinion is better than a psychiatrist. This system is so f'd up, of course, that's part of the reason I hate this world to begin with.

• Hugs
Slasher

Slasher

crybaby
Jun 6, 2023
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, people can be cruel. I wish you the best <3

emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
Did you have an attorney? A lawyer is a must when going through the appeal process, without one you are likely to be denied. I heard it is getting much more difficult to get on disability lately. Sorry you are going through all of this, it can be very overwhelming to be in that position.

Usako0504

Usako0504

Mar 1, 2020
Hey so while i didn't go through this process myself, i did meet with a lawyer and my aunt got full disability. It's common in average for disability to be denied up to 3x on average. I know it's easier hard and it's really fucking stupid that they do this but please keep trying. You will get through (my aunt has bipolar 2 and they gave it to her, so not a physical disability)

Reactions: emptyheart
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Did you ever apply again and get benefits? I've been in the process since 2020 and just had my appeal denied. I've agreed with my husband to apply again with the attorney for the whole process this time... if it doesn't happen again I'm CTB. I don't understand how some judge thinks his opinion is better than a psychiatrist. This system is so f'd up, of course, that's part of the reason I hate this world to begin with.
Hi there, i didn't apply again, i just don't have the mental energy to go through this again and i already lost hope in all government assistance programs except MAID

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry to read about your predicament. I too, many years ago had applied for some sort of disability program to get some benefits, but (no surprise) I got denied as well. Apparently, the gov't considers that I'm not disabled enough to qualify and I've even went as far as appealing it and such, but to no avail. I decided it was not really worth the effort and time to get on disability and the amount of hassle involved, over the course of a year or so was more than enough for me. I live in the US though.

• Hugs
E

EmmaD

-
Apr 11, 2023
Have you tried applying for PIP? (Assuming you're in the uk) I get that for bpd.