• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Absolutely not. They are one of the main reasons I want to ctb. They've caused me enough pain and trauma, and I will never truly recover from what they've done to me regardless of my efforts

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Its not funny, but the way your worded it made it chuckle. And unfortunately, same.
Well if I made someone laugh here, deliberately or not, then at least I know my time spent here isn't a complete waste.

kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
Mother- Up until I was 20 I probably wasn't at all fond of her. She was always stressed and angry. I was even afraid of hugging her. Domestic violence was a common occurence. Usually because of bad grades and sometimes because of disobediance. She once told me she beats because my dad would do worse. I later realized that was true. After some time, probably after I became 20 or so, she started to get a lot more calm. She got into buddhism and was obsessing over it. Around the time I dropped out of university and took on the household chores, she started to become a lot nicer. She started to be more cuddly and lovable. She's honestly a different person now. She even started admitting that what she did to me was wrong and that she shouldn't have abused me like that. So my relationship was bad in the beginning and became a lot better.

Father - I used to play a lot with him when I was little. He was more of a cool uncle than a real dad. He had anger management problems but my mom mostly got to experience that. At 6 years old, my father then started to assault my mom and threw her down the stairs. I think it was around that time I also started to become overweight as a defense mechanism. He was always kinda distant afterwards with the occasional angry outburst. His teaching methods were questionable. I still remember him cutting the cable of my TV for watching too much TV or something or stomping my watch because I broke his. This was when I was like 10. I also vividly remember him slapping me so hard that I was disoriented for a few seconds. I woke up with my keyboard keys all over the place. I've realized he threw my keyboard at me for playing games. He wasn't very interested in my academic achievements. He once told that he didn't care if I become doctor or construction worker. Out of someone else's mouth it would probably even sound loving. But in his case, he really didn't care about what I do. He started to stop with his aggressive outbursts around the time I started to retaliate. I was now bigger than him and was able to confront him when he started to get violent again. I was still trying to be diplomatic though. Years of torment had made me timid and nonconfrontational. He doesn't say anything now and is more part of the furniture when he comes home. So I guess my relationship with him was good, then turned awful and now it's nonexistant.

They were both unfit to be parents but still got children because that's just what you do, I guess. I don't blame them much. Everybody is just shaped by their environment. We're just weeds growing on toxic waste. I wish it was different but it's not.

Ai-chan

Ai-chan

I deserve nothing but the worst
Oct 16, 2022
As a person with shit tier parents who works in child welfare for some fleeting sense of temporary vindication before I inevitably off myself….

No.

Spaztism

Spaztism

Sleep Forever
Mar 13, 2023
Yes and no. Mum and Dad both mean well from what I see in there actions but when I was little my mum left my dad because he fell into a spiral of alcoholism. My dad moved countries a few years after and haven't really talked to him in over 10 years. He's doing alot better tho now from stuff I've seen in his socials. Remarried and has a farm. Stepdad is quite good but has strong views on stuff. As stated my mum means well and is nice but she's a control freak who will manipulate and say she didn't say something when she said it. She also uses my issues against me to try and get sympathy off me and her friends. The whole "you feel sad which makes me sad so feel sorry for me because I brought you up" she also thinks I owe her everything just because she raised me up and put a roof over my head as a kid. Don't think she realizes that bringing me into this world was on her and had nothing to do with me.