CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I don't even know if I posted that this or not I mean I asked about therapy advice from y'all but the second my dumbass mentioned suicide they drop me like a bad habit.

Like this was yesterday and I'm still baffled. How the fuck do you expect me to trust anybody ever again? Fuck this society.

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002, Pluto, Forever Sleep and 6 others
wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

My precious moon! Don't go, please.
Jan 12, 2024
Yeah. I'm sorry, that sucks for sure. Tbh, I probably didn't make it easy either, so...it's partially my fault, too.

Try not to get bitter about it though. I know that's easy to say. But the road to bitterness is hard to get off.

If you want to talk about it (or anything else) feel free to PM me. Regardless, I wish you peace!

S

SpeckofDust

Jul 16, 2024
I don't even know if I posted that this or not I mean I asked about therapy advice from y'all but the second my dumbass mentioned suicide they drop me like a bad habit.

Like this was yesterday and I'm still baffled. How the fuck do you expect me to trust anybody ever again? Fuck this society.
Oh, wow! The same thing happened to me! The psychologist (PhD) I'd seen for 15 years said she could no longer support me after I shared my suicidal thoughts. I asked the question, "If you won't help me, who the hell will?" Makes NO sense to me. At the time, I wanted her help. Now, I'm going to CTB and stop the pain and suffering.

Reactions: depthss
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
second my dumbass mentioned suicide they drop me like a bad habit.
To me this sounds highly unprofessional. Did they at least refer you to someone else? They shouldn't just drop you without offering anything instead.

When I mentioned suicide to mine, she said something along the lines of "but you're going to die anyway, why hurry?". I didn't expect to hear something like this, I was kind of impressed.

sadslime

sadslime

broken shut-in
Jul 17, 2023
I've had several just abandon me like this, some ghost and disappear, one said she couldn't stand to see how my story would end. most aren't really qualified to be trying to help people I think, or maybe i'm just too broken, my current therapist seems good and it makes me feel guilty that i can't be helped.

• Wow
Reactions: Moniker, depthss and sancta-simplicitas
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
Mine threw a temper tantrum at me, yelled "do you want me to drive you to psychiatry?" (Where she knows I have trauma, that was sort of why I was there) And monologued about how I "threathen her with suicide all the time" (It was the second time I mentioned it, because the session before when I had asked for help with it she ignored it). I wish I would have been abandoned instead. Not to try to invalidate your experience or anything though, abandonment is unethical, fucking especially when a client is suicidal.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's weird isn't it? I guess it's to do with liability and our culture of blame. But, imagine if regular doctors refused to treat patients they thought were likely to die. All the elderly, sick folk would just get abandoned!

Maybe they don't think they have the skills to treat you but like others have said, they should at least have refered you somewhere else.

Reactions: Hollowman and Moniker
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I tended to get handballed from one to another. I have the impression they see me as a lost cause because of my situation. I've given up on therapy now.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Yes, it happened to me three times. They seemed to think that I was too desperate a case for them to help me.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yup, my most recent one. And only after two sessions too. I must have set some kind of record. Haven't bothered trying to get another since then.

P

pulleditnearlyoff

Student
Apr 26, 2024
Yes, she said it's your choice if you want to die. Of you want to I can't help you. They made me suffer sooo much that I became suicidal, and now they abandon me for what they've caused, and I can figure out myself. MHS are criminal! I should murder them all! I stopped all contact now with every health care professional, sick of them!

DarkFriend.

DarkFriend.

Neverending Suffering
May 1, 2022
The truth is that no one gives a shit. They're paid to pretend to care of course, and after all they studied something for years of their short life so they have to spend it playing the expert at something, right?

But the fact is that none of them want to have a patient that CTB on their record. It would tarnish their career that they've worked so hard to maintain.

So yeah. As long as we all pretend a little bit then it's okay. Though once the actual truth comes out, It's a different story. And you realize that monkeys in fancy clothes with fancy titles are still only self-serving monkeys at the end of the day.